The Student Room Group

Ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Zargabaath
Loras Tyrell? He's a cool guy, although I suppose he couldn't really carry on with Renly after that whole shadow-demon-thing ordeal :lol:

His character in the show bugged me a bit. He was so badass in the books.
They kinda reduced him soley to his sexuality in the show which felt a bit insulting to me. He was a really good example of a gay character who felt real, in the books, as opposed to a token and I wish they'd kept him like that.

Spoiler

I know. It's horrendous. Oh well, I quite liked the guy Prince Oberyn was having sex with before he got murdered. He was rather sexy :perv::

Spoiler

Fair enough. I haven't really read into him all that much. I barely noticed him - it was just quite a poignant point in the show!
Reply 41
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm a potato so its fine.

I am sure you look much more flawless than this:

IMG_8773.JPG
Original post by ivybridge
I know. It's horrendous. Oh well, I quite liked the guy Prince Oberyn was having sex with before he got murdered. He was rather sexy :perv::

Spoiler

Fair enough. I haven't really read into him all that much. I barely noticed him - it was just quite a poignant point in the show!

When I remember Oberyn getting head, that's not the scene I remember :teehee:
I am sure you look much more flawless than this:

IMG_8773.JPG

Your eyes are beautifulll :h:
Do you like bgt or xfactor better and who do you think is the best kanye or drake
I'm probably going to have to declare straight up that I have more than one thing and I'm choosing the one that I think is the easiest to explain.

Okay, this may sound so stupid but Lana Del Rey's music.

Honestly, when I started listening to her music I was in such a dark place and I never thought somebody's lyrics and music could help me put my own life into perspective and help me think things through in a helpful way but she did it for me. I would have mounds of things to tell her and thank her for if I ever had the chance.

Erm... well this is a bit strange, but I feel the same way about Lana Del Rey's music too! :tongue: I discovered her music at university when she released 'Blue Jeans' and back then I'd only thought of her as like any other mainstream pop artist, but I was so so wrong to think that. Her music is fearlessly dark and rich with ideas and emotions. You have an excellent taste in music. :smile: She is under-appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

That reminds me, have you heard this version of 'West Coast' before? The first time I heard it I became instantly obsessed and ended up listening to it on repeat for the next two hours. :tongue:

favourite musician?

Do you support a football team?

What are your views on the EU referendum :holmes:
Reply 47
Original post by Zargabaath
When I remember Oberyn getting head, that's not the scene I remember :teehee:

:colondollar: :colone:

Your eyes are beautifulll :h:

:colondollar:
:colondollar: :colone:

:colondollar:

We can be single pringles together dw.xxx
Reply 49
Original post by whitetack
Do you like bgt or xfactor better and who do you think is the best kanye or drake

I do not watch either of them. The only TV Shows I watch are:

Skins (UK)

Shameless (UK)

Penny Dreadful

Game of Thrones

Family Guy

American Dad

I despise rap music; I don't like either of them. The only rapper I have a modicum of respect for is Eminem.

Original post by picklescamp
favourite musician?

Do you support a football team?

What are your views on the EU referendum :holmes:

My favourite musician, as in somebody who plays instruments as opposed to an artist? Probably Agnes Obel if we're keeping it more modern and mainstream. What she can't do with a piano is not worth doing.

No. I don't like football. My family, however, support Arsenal.

I think we should remain.
Reply 50
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Erm... well this is a bit strange, but I feel the same way about Lana Del Rey's music too! :tongue: I discovered her music at university when she released 'Blue Jeans' and back then I'd only thought of her as like any other mainstream pop artist, but I was so so wrong to think that. Her music is fearlessly dark and rich with ideas and emotions. You have an excellent taste in music. :smile: She is under-appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

That reminds me, have you heard this version of 'West Coast' before? The first time I heard it I became instantly obsessed and ended up listening to it on repeat for the next two hours. :tongue:

That's amazing! I really don't like it when people call her mainstream - she is so far from mainstream. Only a few of her songs are mainstream such as High By The Beach, West Coast, Young and Beautiful, Summertime Sadness and Video Games. It also really annoys me when people call themselves fans because they have heard two songs... no. Go away. Listen to all of Born To Die and then I might respect you as a fan :colone:. I totally agree, she really is under-appreciated.

I have! It's nice.

My favourite song is 'Born To Die' though. I listen to it every single day at least once.

[video="youtube;Bag1gUxuU0g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g[/video]

What's your favourite song from each album?
Reply 51
We can be single pringles together dw.xxx

We can be platonic lovers, agreed?
It's been quite a long time since I've done one of these and I'm interested to see what people might decide to ask me this time around.

I've had a lot of controversial debates recently so let's see.

Ask me anything!

If someone or something is "Titanian" Are they from a moon of Uranus or a moon of Saturn?

If an aerodynamicist who owns a wind tunnel offers you a blow job, is he offering you employment?

If the universe has a limit, what would happen if you go to the edge and throw a hammer at it?

The speed of sound is about 760mph, the speed of light is 186000 miles per second. What is the speed of smell?

If the sun suddenly disappeared, how long before the Earth was affected by its lack of gravitational influence?

Not questions, but I just feel like giving you these fun facts:

The universe must be a right schitthole. As you know the only thing that can kill superman is kryptonite yet he spends all his time on Earth. So either the universe is schitt or is full of kryptonite.

Did you know that in 1996, the seaside resort of Blackpool had only 10% of expected tourism because the AA roadmaps accidentally labelled the location as "unexploded bomb".

Not many people believe this but Jesus Christ was a woman.

T-rex came in both male and female forms.

Wooden spoons are won by losing.
That's amazing! I really don't like it when people call her mainstream - she is so far from mainstream. Only a few of her songs are mainstream such as High By The Beach, West Coast, Young and Beautiful, Summertime Sadness and Video Games. It also really annoys me when people call themselves fans because they have heard two songs... no. Go away. Listen to all of Born To Die and then I might respect you as a fan :colone:. I totally agree, she really is under-appreciated.

I have! It's nice.

My favourite song is 'Born To Die' though. I listen to it every single day at least once.

[video="youtube;Bag1gUxuU0g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g[/video]

What's your favourite song from each album?

I agree :smile: People will be quick to either call her mainstream, or they will disregard her talent for the boring excuses that she is 'depressing' or weird in some way. That's probably because she's actually talented and not afraid to push the boundaries. :tongue:

Oof, that is a good question though! I honestly cannot decide upon one single song for each album, but in terms of songs that I listen to on an almost daily basis and for which I'm completely obsessed with, it goes:-

Born to Die:-

-Off to the Races- one of her best I think, musically and in terms of telling a story
-Lolita
-Cola

Ultraviolence:-

-West Coast- One of my all time favourite songs
-Sad Girl
-Florida Kilos- Reminds me of 'Ashes to Ashes' by David Bowie for some reason :tongue: but highly addictive

Honeymoon:-

-Honeymoon- Absolutely beautiful composition
-Art Deco
-Swan Song
Reply 54
Original post by Laomedeia
If someone or something is "Titanian" Are they from a moon of Uranus or a moon of Saturn?

If an aerodynamicist who owns a wind tunnel offers you a blow job, is he offering you employment?

If the universe has a limit, what would happen if you go to the edge and throw a hammer at it?

The speed of sound is about 760mph, the speed of light is 186000 miles per second. What is the speed of smell?

If the sun suddenly disappeared, how long before the Earth was affected by its lack of gravitational influence?

Not questions, but I just feel like giving you these fun facts:

The universe must be a right schitthole. As you know the only thing that can kill superman is kryptonite yet he spends all his time on Earth. So either the universe is schitt or is full of kryptonite.

Did you know that in 1996, the seaside resort of Blackpool had only 10% of expected tourism because the AA roadmaps accidentally labelled the location as "unexploded bomb".

Not many people believe this but Jesus Christ was a woman.

T-rex came in both male and female forms.

Wooden spoons are won by losing.

Right...
Reply 55
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I agree :smile: People will be quick to either call her mainstream, or they will disregard her talent for the boring excuses that she is 'depressing' or weird in some way. That's probably because she's actually talented and not afraid to push the boundaries. :tongue:

Oof, that is a good question though! I honestly cannot decide upon one single song for each album, but in terms of songs that I listen to on an almost daily basis and for which I'm completely obsessed with, it goes:-

Born to Die:-

-Off to the Races- one of her best I think, musically and in terms of telling a story
-Lolita
-Cola

Ultraviolence:-

-West Coast- One of my all time favourite songs
-Sad Girl
-Florida Kilos- Reminds me of 'Ashes to Ashes' by David Bowie for some reason :tongue: but highly addictive

Honeymoon:-

-Honeymoon- Absolutely beautiful composition
-Art Deco
-Swan Song

YES. Oh my god, you are so right.

Nice!
Theres this girl I met on TSR and she's awesome and funny and everything good. well so far she is anyway. However both her and I dont want a long distance relationship and for us to become something I kinda have to apply to her uni but the chances of me getting into that uni is really slim. Shall i tell her that theres no point getting to know each other anymore cuz its just gunna end in heartbreak even though its something I don't want to do...
So ye whats your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been quite a long time since I've done one of these and I'm interested to see what people might decide to ask me this time around.

I've had a lot of controversial debates recently so let's see.

Ask me anything!

what's something not many people know about you? (not personal)
Reply 58
Original post by HuzaifahN
Theres this girl I met on TSR and she's awesome and funny and everything good. well so far she is anyway. However both her and I dont want a long distance relationship and for us to become something I kinda have to apply to her uni but the chances of me getting into that uni is really slim. Shall i tell her that theres no point getting to know each other anymore cuz its just gunna end in heartbreak even though its something I don't want to do...
So ye whats your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my opinion is don't bother breaking her heart cos she's a heart breaker and she does it first ygm fam
x

have you ever made a poop so sticky and big it sticks to the bottom of your toilet and is big enough to cover most of the toilet water area(but has gaps so othet things like water can pass through when flushed)???

I did one today and the record is so far 8 flushes without going down, it's been 10 hours since i made it(made it at 12:00 roughly)
so the water is softening it i guess

Quick Reply

Latest