The Student Room Group

how strict are colleges on attendance?

i know this will vary per college, but on the whole - how strict are colleges on attendance?

my attendance is rather poor at the moment (just under 85%). when i went to my collehe interview a few months back i was at 89% and they said they wanted all applicants at 90% minimum - usually they would put people under 90% on a plan to improve it, but considering i was so close they didnt.
my attendance last year was even worse though - i think i ended up around 75%, but that includes all camhs appointments and the lessons i attended at an online school thing that i was trialing at the school.

all of my absences are authorised, but can college kick you out for low attendance? how low has it got to be?

many thanks,!
That depends on your college. Mine is very strict. It also depends on your reasoning.
90% and you're sacked
Reply 3
Mine had a rule where if you were under 90% attendance you had to attend meetings where they would "seek out the problem". But yeah it varies by college. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ivybridge
That depends on your college. Mine is very strict. It also depends on your reasoning.

ive been off due to ill mental health. my secondary school is really supportive and my college is considered supportive on these matters too but i am still scared ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Reply 5
mine says it should be above 95 % and if it is 90 or below then you have to pay for exams
I was on report for truancy :O

Quick Reply

Latest