The Student Room Group

Mental health nursing degree?

Is this a good degree to achieve, will it be possible to get a job in this straight away?
Original post by mariaaa786
Is this a good degree to achieve, will it be possible to get a job in this straight away?

Well the employment rate for nhs degrees are normally around 99% so finding a job wouldnt be an issue really but its whether its the right career for you that matters.
Reply 2
Original post by mariaaa786

I'm in my 3rd & final year/months of the MH degree, I absolutely love it! The 6 placements we get are so different so it helps narrows done what area you want to work in! It's brilliant!!
Also, the NHS jobs website advertises the jobs, have a look on there to see local jobs. People are always recruiting newly qualified band 5's so its not hard to get a job.. its just knowing where u want to work!
Original post by Tackle19
I'm in my 3rd & final year/months of the MH degree, I absolutely love it! The 6 placements we get are so different so it helps narrows done what area you want to work in! It's brilliant!!
Also, the NHS jobs website advertises the jobs, have a look on there to see local jobs. People are always recruiting newly qualified band 5's so its not hard to get a job.. its just knowing where u want to work!

hi i was just wondering if you know whether i can still be a mental health nurse and get into a good uni even if im getting d's an e' in biology i do psychology which ill probs do alright in. but im just a bit worried that unis will make me do a foundation year as i failed bio
thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by Grace spencer
hi i was just wondering if you know whether i can still be a mental health nurse and get into a good uni even if im getting d's an e' in biology i do psychology which ill probs do alright in. but im just a bit worried that unis will make me do a foundation year as i failed bio
thanks!

Hiya,
Not too sure, it depends where you apply. Different Uni's have different entry requirements. Mine was 240 UCAS points. I actually failed 2 of my AS Levels, and only passed psychology, but ended up doing Health & Social Care Extended Dip. as i moved colleges cos i moved across the country, afterwards and then applied for nursing. It just depends on entry requirements for Uni!

Quick Reply

Latest