The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They have a good work ethic apparently. Well done Indians. :biggrin:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Pakistani's in countries like America are quite well off. But in the UK we've had more idk how to say it, "trashy" type of Pakistani's immigrate here :lol:

"mirpuri" cough cough... cough
Reply 62
Original post by nucdev
LMFAO Pakistan was stolen by India?????

:lol:

Yes. Pakistan was part of India during the personal union with the UK. Also, modern day Pakistan was Hindu before the muslims invaders came and colonised/islamised the land. So, yes. Indians are indigenous to Pakistan and not "Pakistanis" who are btw an atifical nation.
Original post by sachinisgod
"mirpuri" cough cough... cough

I thought I read that a lot of the 'Asian' rape/grooming gangs originated from Mirpuri culture. Does that make any sense?
Reply 64
Original post by Eternalflames
Um, do you even know the history of India?

The Mughal(Turkic-Mongols) Empire lasted before the British arrived. They were Muslim and spread Islam to the sub-continent. If you mean them, then yes they stole the land from the Hindus. And the Hindus stole the land from the original inhabitants.

Sorry, it was my lapsus. I mean Pakistan was stolen from India not by India. :wink: of course muslims are decendants of invaders there, and Hindus are indigineous to Pakistan.
Answer is simple. Look at the nature of immigration from India... it's mainly only been professionals for the NHS and engineers, contrasting to the other Commonwealth immigration e.g. Pakistani Kashmiris in the first wave of Pakistani immigration that all came in exchange for Britain building a dam (near the border they hastily created and screwed up when they left British India in 1947 after years of colonialism). Those people were unskilled labourers who built roads up north, then owned coronerships and drove taxis. Their kids are also poor and for a period, it was easier for them to bring some family over too, who were also unskilled labourers. There are plenty of successful Pakistani professionals as well, but not as much as Indians because there are no unskilled Indian immigrants and india is 10x larger. Bangladesh is a tiny country in comparison.

Typical TSR with people being like 'yeah well Indians are just amazing'... massive generalisations. It's the largest country in the world population wise with immense poverty issues, but those on top are doing ok hence why their economy is doing well with fields like I.T.
Reply 66
The greatest Indian in history. I hope his legacy is there preserved.

Original post by slaven
Sorry, it was my lapsus. I mean Pakistan was stolen from India not by India. :wink: of course muslims are decendants of invaders there, and Hindus are indigineous to Pakistan.

India didn't even exist as a country when Pakistan was made so it definitely wasn't "stolen from India".
And btw do you actually think all 600 million South Asian Muslims are 'descendants of invaders' lol. Vast majority are the descendants of native Hindus and Buddhists who converted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by Ravenous
India didn't even exist as a country when Pakistan was made so it definitely wasn't "stolen from India".
And btw do you actually think all 600 million South Asian Muslims are 'descendants of invaders' lol. Vast majority are the descendants of native Hindus and Buddhists who converted.

Yes, I know. They sold the culture of their ancestors in favour of invaders. Unfortunately, they indentify with the invaders more with the native Hindus and Buddhist. Therefore they are not native anymore.
Original post by slaven

They're not all descendants of the Mughals, they like to think they have some Mughal(royal) blood but all of them don't. Many are converts from Hinduism of that local region. Hence why there are still Muslims in India after 1947 because that's their original place before they converted to Islam.

Hindus are actually from Afghanistan, but I won't derail the thread here.
Reply 70
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Answer is simple. Look at the nature of immigration from India... it's mainly only been professionals for the NHS and engineers, contrasting to the other Commonwealth immigration e.g. Pakistani Kashmiris in the first wave of Pakistani immigration that all came in exchange for Britain building a dam (near the border they hastily created and screwed up when they left British India in 1947 after years of colonialism). Those people were unskilled labourers who built roads up north, then owned coronerships and drove taxis. Their kids are also poor and for a period, it was easier for them to bring some family over too, who were also unskilled labourers. There are plenty of successful Pakistani professionals as well, but not as much as Indians because there are no unskilled Indian immigrants and india is 10x larger. Bangladesh is a tiny country in comparison.

Typical TSR with people being like 'yeah well Indians are just amazing'... massive generalisations. It's the largest country in the world population wise with immense poverty issues, but those on top are doing ok hence why their economy is doing well with fields like I.T.

Actually, a lot of immigrants of Indian origin that came in the 70s and 80s came from East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania) and were NOT educated professionals on the whole. It was their children's generation (our parents' generation that started to become educated professionals) which has continued to our generation.

Even in the 60s, most of those Indian immigrants that came from India were not educated professionals.

The educated professionals coming over to the UK is a recent thing - 90s onwards.

Original post by slaven

Subhas Chandra Bose, right?

:adore:
Original post by slaven

Subhas Chandra Bose, he's definitely respected by all Indians.
Original post by nucdev

The educated professionals coming over to the UK is a recent thing - 90s onwards.

That's when my family came :lol:
Original post by slaven

NETAJI ki JAI!

Lol mine came in the early 2000s :ahee:
Reply 75

Sardar Patel also deserves a similar level of respect for unifying all those princely states into the Indian Union after Independence imo :yep:

Way more than Nehru tbh :angry:
Reply 76
Of course it is Bose for gods sake. he fought for free India in world war II.
Reply 77

Mine were part of that group that came in the 70s and 80s :u:

Original post by nucdev
Mine were part of that group that came in the 70s and 80s :u:

Kenyan Indians?
Reply 79
Kenyan Indians?

Lmfao too complicated :lol:

Mum's side moved to Uganda from Kenya before coming over in the 70s when they were expelled.
Dad's side came in the 80s from Kenya

Latest

Trending

Trending