The Student Room Group

GCSE A* Study Group

Scroll to see replies

What is the best advice that you can give for science to move one or two grades up. I done my mock for Chemistry and i had a D i was 7 marks away from a C. And for Biology i had a C. What i can do have a B or an A I having been done past papers.
Original post by mosisgansta
What is the best advice that you can give for science to move one or two grades up. I done my mock for Chemistry and i had a D i was 7 marks away from a C. And for Biology i had a C. What i can do have a B or an A I having been done past papers.

See where you are losing marks and revise those topics. Then do the questions you got wrong again and see if you get them correct this time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think that i can have a A having a C in my mock and knowing that I only have 10 days for the Biology test?
Original post by mosisgansta
Do you think that i can have a A having a C in my mock and knowing that I only have 10 days for the Biology test?

I revised B1 in 3 days (around january) and now I fully remember everything. Did a past paper and got full marks in most exam papers (least I got was 54/60). I was able to revise B1, B2 and B3 in like 10-12 days and am predicted A* for Biology. It depends on how well you revise and how quickly/efficiently you revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What have you all revised today ? :biggrin:
Hey guys! Is there a whatsapp group for any of the AQA sciences? Please may I be added? :smile:
Who wants to do a Whatsapp group for Science? If someone wants just write yours numbers and i will create.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've tried to finish off the last of my mind maps for P1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys theres an AQA biology group chat on the app "Bindle". Search for the hashtag "AQAbiology" :smile:
Hopefully:
Maths (OCR) A*
English language (WJEC) A*
English language (WJEC) A*
History (OCR) A*
Biology (AQA) A*
Chemistry (AQA) A*
Physics (AQA) A*
Further Maths (AQA) A^
I already did edexcel stats but only got an a because I messed up the coursework.
For Spanish I don't know what I'll get. Minimum is A but if I do well in the listening maybe I can get an A*. I got two A* for writing and 1 A* for speaking, along with an A.
By the way, how do you guys revise for AQA science. I need advice so I can get high A* in the exams because i only got one A* and two As in the ISA
Reply 90
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I revised B1 in 3 days (around january) and now I fully remember everything. Did a past paper and got full marks in most exam papers (least I got was 54/60). I was able to revise B1, B2 and B3 in like 10-12 days and am predicted A* for Biology. It depends on how well you revise and how quickly/efficiently you revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also predicted an A* but I usually get in the 40's, do you simply use a revision guide and test yourself with revision questions?I feel like it is not enough for me as the exam questions are never that straight forward
Reply 91
Original post by Real_jenn
Hey!
I think this is great as I want many A*s aswell
I've already got an
A*-RE
A-Biology(one mark of an A*)
A*-Chemistry
I would be happy to help and give tips vice versa 😊

hi
my exam is on Tuesday and i have revised everything.except genetic modification.Am in year 10 and this year we r only doing three exams of b1,c1, and p1,my exam board is AQA and biology exam is on tuesday,so can you plz tell me how you tackled the exam questions including graph and suggest questions and did you revise everything as well..and what did you do for chemistry exam as you got an A*?
Original post by abbigm1
I am also predicted an A* but I usually get in the 40's, do you simply use a revision guide and test yourself with revision questions?I feel like it is not enough for me as the exam questions are never that straight forward

I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys ready for the B1,C1 and P1 :wink:
Also how are you revising ?
Reply 94
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks for that, good luck in your exams
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Can anyone give me some help with revising science. I do aqa triple and I am aiming for at least grade 7.

Quick Reply

Latest