First round%

Lab Sadiq Khan 44.0%
Con Zac Goldsmith 35.0%
Green Sian Berry 6.0%
Lib Dem Caroline Pidgeon 4.0%
UKIP Peter Whittle 4.0%
Women Sophie Walker 2.0%
Respect George Galloway 1.0%
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/may/05/uk-election-results-tracker-2016

It looks like London has decisively rejected the dog whistle appeals to racism and strife generated by corrupt Tory adviser-in-chief, Lynton Crosby, who has controlled the party's message in recent elections and focuses on smears and character attacks just before election day.

It's also great to see Galloway getting a kicking and the Greens likely coming third! :clap2:

Sometimes I am so glad to live in one of the greatest cities in the world and tonight will be cause for considerable celebration. :woohoo:

EDIT: Now looks a dead cert that Khan is the new Mayor of London. Very happy to see the back of Boris, who has been a dreadful Mayor and a big thumbs down to the useless Zac Goldsmith and his race hate campaign.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/may/06/uk-elections-sadiq-khan-ahead-in-london-mayoral-race-live-updates

Alan Sugar is really ecstatic about it.
Reply 122
Original post by BubbleBoobies

by the way
3:00 and 8:35
and 1:52
"ohh, look at the lightsabers" he says
what about the ****ing terrorist flags

Labour turned into a openly islamists party. Yawn

Seeing that London is not majority Britishh no wonder Sadiq won there. In future britain would need to abandom a city in favour of ISIS and move the capital somewhere else.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sad day for the UK.
Original post by democracyforum

hahahaha this is fantastic
#CreepingSharia
hahaha so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who think that Khan will introduce Shariah Law to London don't understand the powers of the Mayor of London.
Original post by BasicMistake
People who think that Khan will introduce Shariah Law to London don't understand the powers of the Mayor of London.

or Khan... or Shariah law... or anything
Original post by gr8wizard10
terrorist flag?

the slogan reads "there is no god but god"

Yeah lol it say's there is no God but Allah which basically means God in Arabic.

Or Sadiq Khan. :rolleyes:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Or Sadiq Khan. :rolleyes:

Well sadiq khan is a muslim.
What does islam have? Sharia law. So it is possibly subconciously affecting his decisions. Its reading between the lined a lot though haha.
I will inhibit my personal feelings of islamophobia as much as possible when considering sadiq as mayor. Congrats to him and i really hope he can fulfill the promises he made!
Reply 132
Original post by ivybridge
Get over yourself with your anti-muslim drivel.

Why are you so pro-Islam?
Original post by pereira325

Is he really a practicing muslim? The only thing I found that he doesn't drink alcohol.
Reply 134
What does islam have? Sharia law. So it is possibly subconciously affecting his decisions. Its reading between the lined a lot though haha.
I will inhibit my personal feelings of islamophobia as much as possible when considering sadiq as mayor. Congrats to him and i really hope he can fulfill the promises he made!

Wtf are you on about

Just because someone is Muslim, doesn't mean they support Shariah Law. This has been mentioned a million times already but Sadiq voted for gay marriage. This resulted in an iman issuing a fatwa against him as well as death threats from hardline Muslims.

Hell, I have friends who are Muslim and eat pork because they don't give a damn about their religion anymore.
Original post by BaronK
Why are you so pro-Islam?

I am not pro-Islam. I am pro-live and let ****ing live. You are all losing your heads about nothing.
Original post by admonit
Is he really a practicing muslim? The only thing I found that he doesn't drink alcohol.

IDK exactly, but if he calls himself a muslim. Then he kinda is one? Unless the imam's or religious leaders say he's not, well then he is. Practicing muslim, well idk. You probably do end up practicing a bit of what you learn, so I guess the same applies to him; decisions are made based on past experiences and intuition.

Original post by Luhar
Wtf are you on about

What's so confusing? At least be specific with your pickiness.

Just because someone is Muslim, doesn't mean they support Shariah Law. This has been mentioned a million times already but Sadiq voted for gay marriage. This resulted in an iman issuing a fatwa against him as well as death threats from hardline Muslims.

Hell, I have friends who are Muslim and eat pork because they don't give a damn about their religion anymore.

Okay fair enough- then the question is he a Muslim? I mean if he has his own imams telling him he's not then he kinda isn't. It's like being a Christian and having the Pope remove you from the church, yet still calling yourself a Christian.
TBH he'd probably get less hate then if he just said he has no religion, but he does believe in a greater being/presence.
Eating pork and being muslim is so contradictory... like a hindu eating beef. They need to check their beliefs out, switch religions or have no religion ya know.
Khan was an excellent candidate and showed what labour needs to do to win elections, run an inclusive campaign based on hope, not the divisive 'us against them campaign' which the central leadership seems to favour.

Excellent to see Londoners tell Zac goldsmith where to stick his prejudicial, divisive and fearmongering campaign.

Probably would have worked anywhere else but London is one of the most cohesive, multicultural cities anywhere.
Reply 139
What's so confusing? At least be specific with your pickiness.

Your daft comments about sharia law affecting Sadiq Khan's thought process, as BasicMistake said, even though he is a muslim it doesn't mean he gives a toss about sharia law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending