The Student Room Group

New Mayor of London shows most people don't support the racist agenda

Scroll to see replies

As someone said... only time will tell. In his position being a muslim should not really affect what he does by much. If he does well and shows islam is peace and stuff, people will become less fearful of muslims in general. He can be a rolemodel. For the greater good i hope he does well.
Original post by Rakas21
People voting who are are not racist should not consider him being a Muslim either a good or bad thing, race and religion should not be a factor.

i certainly don't consider London electing a Muslim to be a good thing.

Why is it a good or bad thing? Its contradictory. If anything its increasing representation which is positive for democracy in the UK.he may be different in religion, but as long as he is british and a londoner i have faith in him
Reply 22
I don't care about his religion, I voted for him as his policies sounded sensible and he seems to care more about London than Goldsmith does. I hope he can bring a more positive change to the city.
Original post by pereira325
Why is it a good or bad thing? Its contradictory. If anything its increasing representation which is positive for democracy in the UK.he may be different in religion, but as long as he is british and a londoner i have faith in him

In what way is it 'increasing representation'? That's such a bunch of tribal, bigoted nonsense.

Your argument basically implies, like that of the OP (well, no, the OP exploited racism to make people conform to his or her political perspective in the most totalitarian way imaginable), that the only way for Muslims to be represented is to be represented by other Muslims, which is just as bigoted as suggesting the only way for white people to be represented is by other white people. It isn't a solution to the problem, it feeds the problem and that's the problem.

'You can vote for someone because they're Muslim, you can vote for someone because they're black, you can vote for someone because they're female, but FFS don't vote for someone because they're white - that's racist!'

I'm a proud black man, said the black man.
I'm a proud woman, said the woman.
I'm a proud Muslim, said the Muslim.
I'm a proud homosexual, said the homosexual.
I'm a proud white man, said the white supremacist and bigoted racist.

As per the OP's instructions, only some tribalism is acceptable and for the love of God, OBEY the OP, otherwise he will call you a racist - fall in line people, follow his tribal inclinations to side with the out-group at every available opportunity.

Welcome to the moral relativist identity war which brings down western civilisation - it's pathological. It's an affront to intellectual thought.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, some people think that people voted for im just because he is Muslim, the same way that many people voted for Barack Obama because he was black. That is quite unfair to a white Christian candidate.
Original post by faston2k16
Well, some people think that people voted for im just because he is Muslim, the same way that many people voted for Barack Obama because he was black. That is quite unfair to a white Christian candidate.

But Islamic tribalism is socially acceptable, a relativist good - don't you know that? As is identifying with someone because they're female, or black, or homosexual - don't you know that?

You're only the worst of the worst, the scum of the earth, a complete parasite and a social outcast when you identify with someone because they're male, and white.

Anyone would think they had manufactured this sentiment. Anyone would think they were waging class warfare along identity lines. Oh, but no, surely not, that would require logical thought, the consistent application of morality and an absence of brainwashed adherence to progressive ideology.
Judge him by his policies, not his religion.

If his religion clouds his policies, that would be an issue. But so far it looks like that will not be the case, so good on him.
Original post by faston2k16

Sorry to be petty but Obama is half white.
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
But Islamic tribalism is a socially acceptable, a relativist good - don't you know that? As is identifying with someone because they're female, or black, or homosexual - don't you know that?

You're only the worst of the worst, the scum of the earth, a complete parasite and a social outcast when you identify with someone because they're male, and white.

Anyone would think they had manufactured this sentiment. Anyone would think they were waging class warfare along identity lines. Oh, but no, surely not, that would require logical thought, the consistent application of morality and an absence of brainwashed adherence to progressive ideology.

I don;t really get your point tbh
I wouldn't vote for someone just because they are of a certain race, but I do feel that I would vote for someone who shares judeo-christian values which a Muslim would not completely support
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Sorry to be petty but Obama is half white.

yeah i guess
Woop woop :h:
Reply 31
Tbh I think he only won because the alternative to him was god-****ing-awful.
Erm, 38 percent of people in London are foreign born, and only about 40 percent are white English and most of them talk and behave like foreigners so it's really no surprise, Muslims are far less likely to vote for a Jew than a Muslim...especially with all the Israel stuff.
Personally I don't care, I mean the British identity is dying/dead, people are unpatriotic sacks of **** anyway, and by 2100 I have no doubt the majority of people won't be white anyway, and those that are will likely behave and speak like foreigners anyway, like the White people in London fam.......
I'm looking forward to this country going further down the toilet as people deserve it for voting Labour,Greens,Lib dems and even the Conservatives. I'll head to America when I'm older, as I'll have more in common with them than anyone in Britain, if you're going to be surrounded by foreigners, might as well do it in another, nicer country, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by brainhuman
Judge him by his policies, not his religion.

If his religion clouds his policies, that would be an issue. But so far it looks like that will not be the case, so good on him.

Such a bunch of *******s.

His identity is being paraded here, there and everywhere, as a 'victory.' It's suggesting that voting for someone of x identity is a victory for progressivism, but to apply that morality in the context of y identity is bigoted and racist (ie, voting for a male because they're white).

Today, like every other day, we're legitimising the prejudices we apparently oppose. By making it morally permissible to campaign along identity lines, you make it morally permissible to campaign along ALL identity lines, including white, or male. By declaring this a 'victory' for his identity, you declare it a defeat for anyone opposed to his identity.

You can't but judge him on his identity, his identity is 1. why he is in the position he is in (Labour have policies to promote ethnic minorities and women) 2. why his victory is being leveraged to score political points 3. an outright insult to intellectual thought, considering it would never, ever be acceptable to parade a white Mayor as a victory for whiteness.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
A big majority of Londoners voted for a Muslim Mayor of London. Far, far more than just the Muslims living in London.

It's no wonder that we are seeing a rash of xenophobic and racist-oriented UKIP-style threads on TSR this morning, as the far right go into shock that a clear majority of people don't share their views, won't react to their dog whistle politics and believe that a tolerant, multiracial London is not just possible but a current reality.

Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?

I wholeheartedly concur! They are bitter, and I love it :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by H011aaa
Who cares what race or religion he is, as long as he's not a conservative I'm happy.

Most muslims make the average UK conservative look like a vegan pansexual feminist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
I wholeheartedly concur! They are bitter, and I love it :biggrin:

So, you agree with propagating the election of Sadiq Khan as a victory based on the fact he's Muslim, but you'd disagree with propagating the election of Zac Goldsmith as a victory based on the fact he's white?

That's consistent.
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
Such a bunch of *******s.

His identity is being paraded here, there and everywhere, as a 'victory.' It's suggesting that voting for someone of x identity is a victory for progressivism, but to apply that morality in the context of y identity is bigoted and racist (ie, voting for a male because they're white).

Today, like every other day, we're legitimising the prejudices we apparently oppose. By making it morally permissible to campaign along identity lines, you make it morally permissible to campaign along ALL identity lines, including white, or male. By declaring this a 'victory' for his identity, you declare it a defeat for anyone opposed to his identity.

You can't but judge him on his identity, his identity is 1. why he is in the position he is in (Labour have policies to promote ethnic minorities and women) 2. why his victory is being leveraged to score political points 3. an outright insult to intellectual thought, considering it would never, ever be acceptable to parade a white Mayor as a victory for whiteness.

Why would you parade a white mayor when there are a dime a dozen of those?

He is the first Muslim mayor of an EU capital. That is something to talk about.

You sound like the typical white meninist. Omg womenz and non-whites get so much and poor me, I don't get nothing :cry2:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
A big majority of Londoners voted for a Muslim Mayor of London. Far, far more than just the Muslims living in London.

It's no wonder that we are seeing a rash of xenophobic and racist-oriented UKIP-style threads on TSR this morning, as the far right go into shock that a clear majority of people don't share their views, won't react to their dog whistle politics and believe that a tolerant, multiracial London is not just possible but a current reality.

Will the right wing headbangers please take a lesson from this and stop trying to fill TSR with hate messages every morning? Pretty please?
"islam = a race"?

do you see UKIP, the EDL (even tories) etc taking issue with indians (sikhs, hindus, etc) black people (jamaicans, africans, etc) east asians (chinese, korean, japanese, thai), etc?
no?
then how are they "racists"?
maybe it's about the quantities of immigrants, or the content of their beliefs?
but oh no, it's about race, somehow. right.,,
honestly, how do you maintain this position of yours? don't you like thinking?
(edited 7 years ago)
I really wish the Tories would stop this faux outrage about Zac Goldsmith's campaign. It's feeling a bit like a Goldsmith-hate free-for-all right now. If they really cared so much about it they'd have been saying all this weeks ago. Now it seems like they've decided he's the Conservative Party ScapegoatTM to push all the blame on to coax back Muslim voters... to hide the fact that this anti-Khan smearing was very convenient for them all until recently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending