The Student Room Group

How do you revise for GCSE ICT???

My exam board is edexcel, I would really appreciate some tips.
Make notes, do past papers
Yeah I'm doing GCSE ICT as well, and there isn't too much you can do other than make notes and do past papers.

Oh, and make sure you're clued up about the ethics of ICT (environment, economic, social issues etc) as they're bound to come up in the exam.
Do you think it's easy to get an A* in ICT?
If your coursework is good enough (as it's worth 60% of the total grade).

If your coursework is at least 65 out of 80 or more, then you have a decent shot at getting an A* (UMS marks say 90 percent is an A*, so you should be looking more above 70 on both the exam and the coursework.)
Original post by Fractite
If your coursework is good enough (as it's worth 60% of the total grade).

If your coursework is at least 65 out of 80 or more, then you have a decent shot at getting an A* (UMS marks say 90 percent is an A*, so you should be looking more above 70 on both the exam and the coursework.)

What's the difference between a raw and ums mark?
Raw mark is the actual mark that you get (e.g. scoring 68 out of 80 in coursework).

UMS mark is a scaled mark used to work out your overall grade (the coursework mark is scaled up so that it's now worth 60% of the entire grade and not 50%, since both the coursework and exam are out of 80.)

If that makes sense.
Original post by Fractite
Raw mark is the actual mark that you get (e.g. scoring 68 out of 80 in coursework).

UMS mark is a scaled mark used to work out your overall grade (the coursework mark is scaled up so that it's now worth 60% of the entire grade and not 50%, since both the coursework and exam are out of 80.)

If that makes sense.

Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah that makes sense, thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by jessicasulty
Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah that makes sense, thanks for your help :smile:

no problemo

Quick Reply

Latest