The Student Room Group

How to Start a Rant

For my English assessment, I have to write and present a rant to my class and I decided to do it on certain things I hate about school (like ‘The bell doesn’t dismiss you; I do’ Toilets at school Pencil sharpening Group projects Gum Getting called on for answers Getting called by teacher to talk with them, etc). However, I don't know how to start. Can anyone help? It is due in 2 days!
Original post by Eesha_Dev
For my English assessment, I have to write and present a rant to my class and I decided to do it on certain things I hate about school (like ‘The bell doesn’t dismiss you; I do’ Toilets at school Pencil sharpening Group projects Gum Getting called on for answers Getting called by teacher to talk with them, etc). However, I don't know how to start. Can anyone help? It is due in 2 days!

Bitch about anything and everything that happens which you don't like and can argue against.

or maybe it's some inequality or something unfair you wish to argue
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
Bitch about anything and everything that happens which you don't like and can argue against.

or maybe it's some inequality or something unfair you wish to argue

I have already found a topic that I can rant about (my teacher said it has to be funny) but I just don't know how I should start
I have already found a topic that I can rant about (my teacher said it has to be funny) but I just don't know how I should start

oh what's it about?
Reply 4
Original post by thefatone
oh what's it about?

Just certain things I dislike about school. Some examples include gum, the toilets, group projects, getting called on for answering questions that you don't know the answer to, etc. I figured that people in my class would be able to relate to it but I don't know how to start it off well so that people are interested. I don't know how to make it funny.
Just certain things I dislike about school. Some examples include gum, the toilets, group projects, getting called on for answering questions that you don't know the answer to, etc. I figured that people in my class would be able to relate to it but I don't know how to start it off well so that people are interested. I don't know how to make it funny.

Lol yea bro of course xD i'm sure many people will be like dat is so relatable derp

Hmm to start off? maybe begin with something really relatable/something which needs to be fixed or just a pet peeve.
Maybe something like "I'm sure all of us have a that one moment when xxxx" then carry on from there?

I guess to make it funny you could have a slideshow of dank memes. like make some of your own save them and just show them.

Maybe if you have time you could possible make some rage comics if you could?
how about a pizza rant my students love pizza

Quick Reply

Latest