The Student Room Group

He's slowly fading away (I think)...

Solved.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MaterialBoy
Hello, so I met a guy online about 3 weeks ago. We spoke everyday, during school occasionally, at home etc... by text then he asked me out on a date the following weekend which we started talking. So we went out, it was amazing, I then invited him out again for a sleepover this time. We didn't do anything like... you know. We just cuddled, kissed and spooned.

So the day after out 2nd "date" I walked him to the station, and I felt like crying on the way back. I'd known this guy 2 weeks and I was crying over him...? Really. So we were speaking and speaking. All of a sudden it didn't feel the same. Texting just wasn't the same, I didn't get the same "oomf" or anything. I questioned him asking if he was still interested, he said he wants to see me again, but he said it's too soon to know if I'm the right one.

So last weekend we texted, then on Tuesday, he just stopped. He didn't speak at all. The following day I texted hello, and he said hello back. But he was just extremely blunt. I then told him I felt he was not interested and that he didn't seem to want anything with me. He didn't respond all day so I deleted him on everything assuming it was, ultimately, over. He texted me at night apologizing greatly for not responding he left his phone at home. He then said how he doesn't feel like anything's different and he doesn't think we're drifting apart. I said okay and carried on still with some doubt - but carried on speaking. Then we were fine on Thursday...ish. But yesterday, he didn't reply for 10 hours. He had work in the evening and all I got was a dozey snapchat with no caption worth reading.

So here I am, Saturday... wondering why he isn't speaking to me. He's suddenly just started not speaking to me. I don't want to seem desperate anymore, or like I'm chasing him. So I've told myself, if he wants it... he can come and get it. The last contact we had was him sending me that snapchat, to which there was no response from me cause it wasn't really reply worthy. So I'm sat here assuming things like, he's no longer interested? He has found someone else? He is distancing himself so we don't get ahead of our game?

Please help me. I'm 16 and he's 17. I've been so down this week thinking we could've had it all...

don't be so attatched

learn to let go
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
don't be so attatched

learn to let go

Easier said than done. I cannot do anything with that piece of advice.
Easier said than done. I cannot do anything with that piece of advice.

It is, maybe a change of thought towards the other person and concentrate on other things?
we could've had it all...

Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it, to the beat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by samzy21
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it, to the beat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally.
Reply 6
Hello, so I met a guy online about 3 weeks ago. We spoke everyday, during school occasionally, at home etc... by text then he asked me out on a date the following weekend which we started talking. So we went out, it was amazing, I then invited him out again for a sleepover this time. We didn't do anything like... you know. We just cuddled, kissed and spooned.

So the day after out 2nd "date" I walked him to the station, and I felt like crying on the way back. I'd known this guy 2 weeks and I was crying over him...? Really. So we were speaking and speaking. All of a sudden it didn't feel the same. Texting just wasn't the same, I didn't get the same "oomf" or anything. I questioned him asking if he was still interested, he said he wants to see me again, but he said it's too soon to know if I'm the right one.

So last weekend we texted, then on Tuesday, he just stopped. He didn't speak at all. The following day I texted hello, and he said hello back. But he was just extremely blunt. I then told him I felt he was not interested and that he didn't seem to want anything with me. He didn't respond all day so I deleted him on everything assuming it was, ultimately, over. He texted me at night apologizing greatly for not responding he left his phone at home. He then said how he doesn't feel like anything's different and he doesn't think we're drifting apart. I said okay and carried on still with some doubt - but carried on speaking. Then we were fine on Thursday...ish. But yesterday, he didn't reply for 10 hours. He had work in the evening and all I got was a dozey snapchat with no caption worth reading.

So here I am, Saturday... wondering why he isn't speaking to me. He's suddenly just started not speaking to me. I don't want to seem desperate anymore, or like I'm chasing him. So I've told myself, if he wants it... he can come and get it. The last contact we had was him sending me that snapchat, to which there was no response from me cause it wasn't really reply worthy. So I'm sat here assuming things like, he's no longer interested? He has found someone else? He is distancing himself so we don't get ahead of our game?

Please help me. I'm 16 and he's 17. I've been so down this week thinking we could've had it all...

(EDIT: I was contemplating asking him out next weekend, but one of my friends said wait for him to ask you out. She said if he doesn't, it's obvious he is no longer interested. What I don't get it, we have had 2 dates, and I feel like crying over this boy! I want to get over him now so whether he comes back or not I know I'll be fine. I was contemplating finding someone else?)

I spoke to someone on fb before meeting them and felt we got on great we were flirting and when i met them in real life it felt awkward and i didn't feel any chemistry so maybe that is why the texts aren't the same as now you met in person you don't have the same feelings as you did before you met and that is probably why he isn't replying as much.
Also you are both young so like someone else said don't get too attached as you both don't really know what you want at this stage of life.
Reply 7
Original post by chikane
I spoke to someone on fb before meeting them and felt we got on great we were flirting and when i met them in real life it felt awkward and i didn't feel any chemistry so maybe that is why the texts aren't the same as now you met in person you don't have the same feelings as you did before you met and that is probably why he isn't replying as much.
Also you are both young so like someone else said don't get too attached as you both don't really know what you want at this stage of life.

See, I understand that. But when we were together we got on so well? I mean if he doesn't want it that is absolutely fine! I just wish he'd tell me straight up and what are your thoughts on me talking to other guys temporarily to take my mind off of it?
Reply 8
See, I understand that. But when we were together we got on so well? I mean if he doesn't want it that is absolutely fine! I just wish he'd tell me straight up and what are your thoughts on me talking to other guys temporarily to take my mind off of it?

Maybe he is being polite and doesn't want to hurt you and doesn't know what he wants?
He is being very hot and cold so if i were you i would chat to other guys who might treat you better than this guy as one person told me 'Never put all your eggs in one basket', don't invest so much time on this guy when there is plenty of others out there because this guy doesn't seem so invested in you.
Reply 9
Original post by chikane
Maybe he is being polite and doesn't want to hurt you and doesn't know what he wants?
He is being very hot and cold so if i were you i would chat to other guys who might treat you better than this guy as one person told me 'Never put all your eggs in one basket', don't invest so much time on this guy when there is plenty of others out there because this guy doesn't seem so invested in you.

Thanks, respect.
Maybe he feels you're being a bit too full on? Texting him asking if he's still interested, saying you don't feel like he is, almost crying on the second date because you have to say goodbye.. It's just a bit much tbh. You need to chill and back off a bit. Give him some space because you're both so young and you're coming on so heavy that he's probably worried that you'll be more into it and committed to this than he is cause he likely doesn't know what he wants yet and just wants to see how it all goes.

Back off and leave him be, if he likes you he will text you, if he doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending