The Student Room Group

British Council TCS internship?

Hi just wanted to ask if anyone has applied to the British Council TCS scheme? If so has anyone heard back yet? Reaaally want to get the scheme because it looks so interesting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nervous_student
Hi just wanted to ask if anyone has applied to the British Council TCS scheme? If so has anyone heard back yet? Reaaally want to get the scheme because it looks so interesting

I've not applied but I expect it takes them a while to work through the applications... did they give a reply date on the application at all?
Ah they said interviews were in mid-April but they'd contact you a few days before so I'm just a little worried
Reply 3
Hi, I had emailed them about when I would hear back on the 10th of April and then two days later I got an email for an interview on the 21st of April. Has anyone else heard back?
Yes! I got an email for an interview next week and I'm super nervous! I saw that their requirements/skills included tech so i'm quite nervous
Reply 5
Yes! I got an email for an interview next week and I'm super nervous! I saw that their requirements/skills included tech so i'm quite nervous

Yes, I am very nervous too! The role is very techy, hopefully if I prep well I should be fine. What do you study?
Original post by SBar1994
Yes, I am very nervous too! The role is very techy, hopefully if I prep well I should be fine. What do you study?

I study politics so the furthest you can get haha, what about you?
Also good luck for today :smile:
Reply 8
I study politics so the furthest you can get haha, what about you?

Thats great! I study Maths with Finance :smile:
Good luck for your interview also, hope it goes well!!
How did it go? Your subject seems a lot more suited tbh haha
I had my interview yesterday and I don't think it went as well as I'd hoped :frown:

How was it for you guys?
I haven't had it yet and am super nervous! Any tips? Why did it not go well?
Reply 12
How did it go? Your subject seems a lot more suited tbh haha

Yes it went well I think. Make sure you know all background info about the firm like be able to name some Tata group subsidiary's, why you want to do the internship, what you know about TCS, your motivation to working in India and also some of the shocks you may have while living there. And just prepare some competency questions I.e teamwork and such. Also any knowledge of technology or softwares and such. You will be fine!! Good luck :smile:
I know nothing about technology and software so I'm kind of screwed lol
It's okay, I'm an English student so really don't know much about tech! Could be why mine didn't go so well haha, but mainly I think I just let my nerves get the better of me. I had a mind blank about Tata (even though I'd done lots of prep) and all I could remember was a lot of negative press about Tata steel, whoops.

The tips Sbar posted are spot on, prepare this and you should be fine! My panel consisted of two people, one from the British council and one from Tata. Good luck!!
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 16

No I have not had a reply from them! Have you emailed them to ask when they will be responding to applicants?

I've still not heard anything either. I asked in my interview and they said they'd let us know in either the first or second week of May so expecting a response soon!
Got a reply today saying i'm on the waiting list, basically have no idea if I've made it or not still lol, trying not to let my hopes get too high
Got the same email! Bit annoying to still be in limbo ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending