The Student Room Group

Stretch Marks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JS31294
Hi guys!

So after about a year of going out with my boyfriend of three years I gained a little bit of weight (due to pill) i got quite a few stretch marks. Mainly got them on the tops of my thighs, little bit of my boobs but then mostly on the back of my calves.

Now these are purple still after around 2 years, I've went to see a doctor and all they said is that they will fade over time. My other stretch marks have and they are a white colour. But the ones on my calves are still quite purple. I have tried EVERY cream,oil and scrub but nothing seems to be working on them.

I've sort of come accustomed to them now but it does make me self concious especially when i want to wear skirts and dresses.

Any help? Remedies that have worked for you? xx

Perhaps try a derma roller. They're suppose to be really good for stretch marks. The description sounds terrifying but it's really not that bad. They have lots of little needles and you firmly roll it back and forth and diagonally on your problem areas. You do that repeatedly and then immediately apply something like bio oil. Applying an oil/cream afterwards is good because it was absorb over 90% of it in comparison to something like 4% without using a roller.
The process will be slightly uncomfortable but it shouldn't hurt and you shouldn't bleed. If you bleed, you have to stop and be more gentle.
Reply 21
Original post by thefatone
it's weird but i'm sure it'll go but my dad keeps stressing me over it and i really just want him to **** off.(i really do hate my dad.)

I don't think posting that on here is the best thing to be honest
Reply 22
Original post by cherryred90s
Perhaps try a derma roller. They're suppose to be really good for stretch marks. The description sounds terrifying but it's really not that bad. They have lots of little needles and you firmly roll it back and forth and diagonally on your problem areas. You do that repeatedly and then immediately apply something like bio oil. Applying an oil/cream afterwards is good because it was absorb over 90% of it in comparison to something like 4% without using a roller.
The process will be slightly uncomfortable but it shouldn't hurt and you shouldn't bleed. If you bleed, you have to stop and be more gentle.

Oh, sounds intriguing, i'll have a look into it! Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by JS31294
I don't think posting that on here is the best thing to be honest

too many things of mine here have been posted on here

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by thefatone
too many things of mine here have been posted on here

Spoiler

Look thats all fair and good, but i started this as a serious topic and you're not really helping so if you could just leave it that would be great :smile:
Original post by JS31294
Look thats all fair and good, but i started this as a serious topic and you're not really helping so if you could just leave it that would be great :smile:

ok sorry
Original post by JS31294
Oh, sounds intriguing, i'll have a look into it! Thank you very much :smile:

You can order them from eBay, and this site may help:
http://skinoverhaul.com/how-to-use-a-derma-roller-the-right-way/
Reply 27
Original post by cherryred90s
You can order them from eBay, and this site may help:
http://skinoverhaul.com/how-to-use-a-derma-roller-the-right-way/

Brilliant, thanks so much!
People can get stretch marks on the back of their calves?
Original post by emobambam
People can get stretch marks on the back of their calves?

Yep!
As many people have said i think its bio-oil that helps!:smile:
Original post by JS31294
Yeah I think at some point you have to be grateful for the body you have and embrace them for what they are :smile:

Yup. I totally agree with you :smile: honestly it's no big problem, just try your best to be happy with =)

Quick Reply

Latest