The Student Room Group

Why has it gone so wrong

Why has my life gone so wrong,

I had a lovely (first) girlfriend up until the end of last year and then we broke up quite abruptly. We've spoken since that happened but I don't what I can do, I want her back so badly, I'm totally in love with her and see shes perfect and can do nothing wrong, she has complete power over me.

She is moving/moved onto other people and wanting them, unfortunately I'm so in love with her that this hurts so badly, it questions why I'm even here, I just want to go.

She gives me such happiness at times but then such sadness afterwards and seems to argue with me or be annoyed over every little thing.

What can I do to make my life better and be happy?
Reply 1
How do I do that?
Reply 2
Original post by game1
How do I do that?

Firstly you delete her off Facebook, Twitter or other social media so you won't be reminded of her and delete her number as well so you won't have the urge to contact her but also try to distance yourself from her.

Then you keep busy try out a new hobby, hang out with your friends or go to the gym to improve your confidence and self esteem and try and meet other women cause when you like someone else then you won't think of your ex.

Pining over her is only stopping you from meeting other women and you are wasting your time on someone who does not want you back.
Mate have you played Sid Meier's "Civilisation"? You should download the latest from Steam and you'll get addicted - such a good game and just as good as a gf imo.

Also - gym and work hard and hang out with friends.
Reply 4
Unfortunately she is my only friend. Everything I've done since I known her as to do with her in someway, I'm back to how I was before I knew her, hating myself and not believing in any future, she changed it all right until we broke up and just wants to be friends instead.
Some other good games as well like Airline Tycoon.
Reply 6
A game wont make things better..
Reply 7
Original post by game1
Unfortunately she is my only friend. Everything I've done since I known her as to do with her in someway, I'm back to how I was before I knew her, hating myself and not believing in any future, she changed it all right until we broke up and just wants to be friends instead.

That sucks your only friend was her that is why people say don't date your friends as this is what happens.
Why did you break up?
Reply 8
Differences, that could of been sorted in my eyes.
Original post by chikane
That sucks your only friend was her that is why people say don't date your friends as this is what happens.
Why did you break up?

I don't see an issue with dating friends tho. Your partner should be someone you're friendly with and if they're bang tidy then why not? The issue is that you should keep other friends as well.
Reply 10
good point
Original post by Melancholy
I don't see an issue with dating friends tho. Your partner should be someone you're friendly with and if they're bang tidy then why not? The issue is that you should keep other friends as well.

I think this guy probably been friends with this ex for years before dating her and once you break up its hard to go back to how it was before unless it was a mutual breakup which this wasn't.
I think dating a friend is good if there is a spark between you both but when it goes wrong there might be a chance you will lose a friend so i would tread carefully.
Yes he needs other friends probably depended too much on her.
Reply 12
Sigh :frown:

I thought she'd be the one and only.

Maybe I'll get over her, or maybe I'll die, who knows

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending