The Student Room Group

My advice on gcse

I have got a constructive piece of advice for those individuals currently revising for their gcse. There are plenty of students at the moment crying about the stress of gcse .I was in the same position as you guys i really thought i was going to fail all my gcse at this time of the year, but i realized that gcse is not even that bad. The jump from gcse to A level is quite significant but now when i look back at the gcse books i wonder why i was even stressing .The key concept which you need to store in your head is achieving good grades but that needs a little hard work .If you have an assumption of gcse being hard you're not going to reach your potential is all about positive thinking you will realize how easy gcse really is when you're studying A levels.Through this mentality i managed to achieve 10 A*.This requires work but you need to know anything is achievable if you have a doubt in getting the best grade you will achieve poor grades its all about having a positive mindset. Trust me you can do it
Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by robin567
I have got a constructive piece of advice for those individuals currently revising for their gcse. There are plenty of students at the moment crying about the stress of gcse .I was in the same position as you guys i really thought i was going to fail all my gcse at this time of the year, but i realized that gcse is not even that bad. The jump from gcse to A level is quite significant but now when i look back at the gcse books i wonder why i was even stressing .The key concept which you need to store in your head is achieving good grades but that needs a little hard work .If you have an assumption of gcse being hard your not going to reach your potential is all about positive thinking you will realize how easy gcse really is when your studying A levels.Through this mentality i managed to achieve 10 A*.This requires work but you need to know anything is achievable if you have a doubt in getting the best grade you will not achieve that grade its all about having a positive mindset. Trust me you can do it
Good luck

much advice,such motivation 11/10 wow
Reply 2
Original post by niftyhitman
much advice,such motivation 11/10 wow

thank you GOOD LUCK
thank you GOOD LUCK

Are you Currently in Sixth Form or Uni?
Reply 4
Are you Currently in Sixth Form or Uni?

YR 13
Reply 5
This is so true :biggrin:
Im so scared for A levels now tho...everyone talks about how hard it is compared to GCSEs and how an E grade would be equivalent to an A in gcse :s-smilie:
YR 13

Do you plan on going to the top Russel Group Unis like Cambridge and Durham?
Reply 7
do you plan on going to the top russel group unis like cambridge and durham?

hopefully
Lmao only advice I would give to ppl genuinely struggling with specific subjects in GCSE would be to avoid doing them at a-level at all cost. If you find GCSE's hard and pick a subject that you found difficult at GCSE then you will genuinely hate a-levels.

There is no prep for the jump from GCSE to A-level at high school. You learn more in your first month at A-level than you did for the whole of GCSE and it's not easy content either.

Don't panic about GCSE's. Try your best and if you're grades are a pile of **** then avoid that A-level subject. And pick something you'll enjoy or you will hate the next two years of your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by s.mo
This is so true :biggrin:
Im so scared for A levels now tho...everyone talks about how hard it is compared to GCSEs and how an E grade would be equivalent to an A in gcse :s-smilie:

yes that is true but don't be scared is just challenging that's all but you can still get a top grade for A level if only YOU WORK HARD ... just be optimistic and you will see chances in your grades trust me
Did you get an A* in English too?
Reply 11
Original post by Exotoxin
Did you get an A* in English too?

YEAH why is it because you 're struggling believe in yourself you will get there
(edited 7 years ago)
I have got a constructive piece of advice for those individuals currently revising for their gcse. There are plenty of students at the moment crying about the stress of gcse .I was in the same position as you guys i really thought i was going to fail all my gcse at this time of the year, but i realized that gcse is not even that bad. The jump from gcse to A level is quite significant but now when i look back at the gcse books i wonder why i was even stressing .The key concept which you need to store in your head is achieving good grades but that needs a little hard work .If you have an assumption of gcse being hard you're not going to reach your potential is all about positive thinking you will realize how easy gcse really is when you're studying A levels.Through this mentality i managed to achieve 10 A*.This requires work but you need to know anything is achievable if you have a doubt in getting the best grade you will achieve poor grades its all about having a positive mindset. Trust me you can do it
Good luck

Hello!
When did you start revising?
How did you revise?
Good luck

Hello!
When did you start revising?
How did you revise?

Quick Reply