The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UB2 Representin
Western international capitalism/marketing encourage the discrimination more than traditional lifestyles. Islam/Sharia acknowledges the frailties of the male psyche and works around them applying practical solutions. Compared with whites who are literally crippled with fear about inconsequential faux pas. Westernettes would be vastly happier under Sharia system and could rediscover their femininity rather than actually having to live daily life cheek by jowl with unrelated men and all the problems that inevitably brings.

Original post by UB2 Representin
Being uncovered will only lead to more misery and depression. Kaffir are hypocrites when they talk about freedom and liberation because they are first to criticise weight and facial appearance when these are not up to par; its actually far more liberating for a women to say ' f/u I'm not playing by your warped rules, let the sisters be covered and judge us on our Dawah/Fitwah rather than our physique'.

@UB2 Representin I have reported your posts to TSR. It's one thing to express your views online, it's another thing to voice views that I find deeply offensive. Seeing through your spelling mistake, you have referred to "non - believers" as Kafirs, a term that is incredibly derogatory. Not believing in the Muslim faith does not condemn people who don't believe to hell. If your God is one who is loving and kind, why would he subject non - believers to torture and suffering?

You also mention the Sharia law, which I also find offensive and deeply alarming. I hope you understand that the U.K is a free country, and it will never be under the rule of something so barbaric as Sharia law as long as there are people left fighting for the people's freedom and autonomy. There will never be a day when homosexuals, people who engage in premarital sex, or who voice views not conforming to the Islamic faith receive sentences that are inhumane to the extreme.

To the OP: I really admire your courage for voicing something that's relatively "taboo" in your community that troubles you. It is brave to confront the problem rather than blindly conforming to the social construct in which you were born into. I have friends who are Muslims, but do not wear the hijab. They love their God. I am an outsider but in my mind, that's more important than wearing something which makes them feel trapped. I think it's better to not wear it when you don't believe in it. I also know people who realised later on down the line, that they want to wear the hijab after all - that's okay too. The most important thing is your happiness, and how you feel about yourself.
that verse is on about sex... when men/women have sex they have to purify themselves
why don't you actually learn the meaning of the verses or learn about Islam
I cant believe how you cant understand what "contact with women" means
it means having sex
and please, Islam has given women so many rights
She doesn't have to contribute her income to her family etc.
the Quran banned female infanticide
each gender is tempted by the other in a different way
Original post by Freudian Slit
Lol you give me that impression it's not hard.

Concrete, reproducible evidence then, I see. :moon:
Reply 163
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
According to whatever, there are an infinite possibility of gods that could exist, including insane, evil ones who have no real criteria for judgement.

Judging specifically in regards to a test is nonsensical because God already knew your actions before you were born so a test becomes meaningless.

Okay, but you need to face a situation that forces you to choose which action to take - whether to choose the right choice or the wrong one..
But I'm going to stop now. You have your beliefs and I have mine and I think it should be left at that, we should respect each others ideas.
why are you on tsr for advice about your hijab...surely you should visit an INDIVIDUAL more open minded, knowledgeable and empathetic about islam as well as your situation
yes this is tsr and therefore you look like an attention seeker
Why ask TSR for advice, deep down you know what kind of answers you will get, be sincere and go ask someone with some knowledge.
Original post by Anonymous
that verse is on about sex... when men/women have sex they have to purify themselves
why don't you actually learn the meaning of the verses or learn about Islam
I cant believe how you cant understand what "contact with women" means
it means having sex
and please, Islam has given women so many rights
She doesn't have to contribute her income to her family etc.
the Quran banned female infanticide
each gender is tempted by the other in a different way

also you're bare confusing man..the thread starts with you bashing the quran now you're siding with it loool make your mind up pls.
Hello Sister,

I think the only way this could be solved is if you and your parents talk to a religious lecturer, he/she may be able to encourage you to wear it by giving you logical reasons in which you may change your mind and would want to wear it. Also, the religious lecturer may also encourage you to take it off, i mean if you are in absolute depression thenhe/she might tell this to your parents and because they have the "authority" then your parents minds will change and let you take it off.

The thing with muslim parents is that they make their daughters wear it at such a young age, i believe this is a wrong approach since a girl has to fully know the purpose of why shes wearing it.
in my case for example when i was 7 i really wanted to wear the hijab because my best friend was wearing it. However, my parents didnt allow me to wear it saying i should grow up more and get to learn the religion and purpose behind it before wearing it. I am thankful for my parents for doing that, i started wearing the hijab 2 years ago (when i was 16) and i wore it knowing WHY i wore it. Now im 18 and im really happy with my hijab.

I wish more Muslim parents take this approach rather than imposing it on their daughters, the outcome is always better.
Original post by Hydeman
Concrete, reproducible evidence then, I see. :moon:

Well when it comes to things of this nature human instinct and experience can often be more powerful in making decisions than evidence which we you know can be fallacious. I'm not gonna run a scientific study to analyse this specific instance am I. :h:
Well when it comes to things of this nature human instinct and experience can often be more powerful in making decisions than evidence which we you know can be fallacious.

If it's fallacious, it's not evidence.

I'm not gonna run a scientific study to analyse this specific instance am I. :h:

Wouldn't expect any better from a biologist. :h:
Original post by Anonymous

"And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Huehuehue
Original post by Hydeman
If it's fallacious, it's not evidence.

Wouldn't expect any better from a biologist. :h:

It's good to have low estimations because then I can never let you down.

Evidence can be fallacious as well. Lol.
Original post by Ayahhh
Okay, but you need to face a situation that forces you to choose which action to take - whether to choose the right choice or the wrong one..

Which in itself is subjective, what one considers to be the right action may be considered wrong by another.
Original post by Ayahhh
Hmmm why can't you keep your thoughts to yourself?

do you know what the point of a forum is?
Original post by Cephalosporin
@UB2 Representin I have reported your posts to TSR. It's one thing to express your views online, it's another thing to voice views that I find deeply offensive. Seeing through your spelling mistake, you have referred to "non - believers" as Kafirs, a term that is incredibly derogatory. Not believing in the Muslim faith does not condemn people who don't believe to hell. If your God is one who is loving and kind, why would he subject non - believers to torture and suffering?

You also mention the Sharia law, which I also find offensive and deeply alarming. I hope you understand that the U.K is a free country, and it will never be under the rule of something so barbaric as Sharia law as long as there are people left fighting for the people's freedom and autonomy. There will never be a day when homosexuals, people who engage in premarital sex, or who voice views not conforming to the Islamic faith receive sentences that are inhumane to the extreme.

To the OP: I really admire your courage for voicing something that's relatively "taboo" in your community that troubles you. It is brave to confront the problem rather than blindly conforming to the social construct in which you were born into. I have friends who are Muslims, but do not wear the hijab. They love their God. I am an outsider but in my mind, that's more important than wearing something which makes them feel trapped. I think it's better to not wear it when you don't believe in it. I also know people who realised later on down the line, that they want to wear the hijab after all - that's okay too. The most important thing is your happiness, and how you feel about yourself.

That UB2 poster is a dupe account of someone who keeps making accounts with username such as "Global Dawah" and "Global Ummah" bashing white people, and calling all non-Muslims degenerates.
They're not and no one has been able to show they are.

They are. This is the wrong thread btw.
Evidence can be fallacious as well. Lol.

No, it can't.
Original post by champ_mc99
They are. This is the wrong thread btw.

They're not and again, no one has been able to show they are.
I think thats the problem when muslim parents are far too strict on their children. They get pushed so far that they eventually snap and retaliate - often turning to haram things in order to shun their parents who have oppressed them too much throughout their childhood.

They begin to resent the religion as they associate it with the lack of self-choice their parents enforced upon them.

A girl should be able to choose if she wants to wear a hijab or not. You can be modest with or without it.

Live in your own truth
They're not and again, no one has been able to show they are.

They are. Again, wrong thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending