The Student Room Group

GUARDIAN : More British Muslims fight for Isis than the UK army?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Only white people join the KKK, same thing :lol:

No it's not, white=/=Islam

One is a racial demographic the other is a religious demographic.
Reply 41
Original post by HucktheForde
My hypothesis is muslims feels uneasy and angry at the status quo of current world order. Muslims see themselves as a former great world power as they once had a golden age (hence the idea of forming a caliphate), only forced to accept the reality that now western countries and civilization are doing better and islamic countries has become chaotic and lag behind western ones. Muslims in britain can connect with other muslims from far away countries despite the distance because they both share similar values, language and belief, just the same way australia and canada supported britain in WWII due to cultural and langauge similarities despite canada and australia are far away and has no whatsover to do with WWII.

Muslims want to see islamic power rise in world order so that they can feel proud and respected. But those with a good life and good career would not risk losing everything to emotions. However those with little to lose, and has a drive to seek something meaningful in life, in this context, would be martyrdom, ISIS offers everything they want.

Many soldiers have a Muslim background in the French army. It was obvious four years ago when Merah targeted some of them.

The difference is that France didn't attack Iraq.
Reply 42
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Quick google shows this to be nonsense
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_World_War_II

Had to deal with a direct invasion from the Japanese, commit soldiers to the British war effort, trade disruptions, etc.

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Darwin
Reply 43
Original post by donutellme
Mosque?

No, there are no mosques near me unless they are secret ones I don't know about.

I'm agreeing with you....

Original post by Josb
Many soldiers have a Muslim background in the French army. It was obvious four years ago when Merah targeted some of them.The difference is that France didn't attack Iraq.

They do ban the hijab though.
I'm agreeing with you....

No they haven't.
It is haraam to kill. I haven't joined ISIS.
Reply 47

Not the army.

Only the burqa is banned.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
No they haven't.

Niqab my mistake
Original post by Maker
No, there are no mosques near me unless they are secret ones I don't know about.

It was a joke...
Reply 50
Original post by Lord Samosa
xxxxx

I see you ignored my question... Here, how about this one? You're pakistani, right?

71% of pakistanis either support ISIS or are ''unsure'' about them. How is anyone one in their right mind ''unsure'' about ISIS (ignoring the already immense 18 million supporting them) ? That's 130 MILLION pakistanis. That number is absolutely obscene.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/in-nations-with-significant-muslim-populations-much-disdain-for-isis/

I know you'll probably ignore/duck/bob and weave this one too but the more people are reading this and are being exposed to reality the better, be it muslims or infidels.
Those stats are shocking
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by donutellme
It was a joke...

LOL
Reply 53
Original post by student.feed
It is haraam to kill.

Is it also haraam to own slaves, sell slaves, rape slaves, rape 9 year old girls, execute apostates/ homosexuals/ adulterers/''sorcerers'', chop off hands for theft, flogging people for not dressing modestly, treat women as second class citizens because of their ''deficient mind''? And this is just off the top of my head... which is still sitting nicely between my shoulders because I live in a 21st century democracy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Erebor
Is it also haraam to own slaves, sell slaves, rape slaves, rape 9 year old girls, execute apostates/ homosexuals/ adulterers/''sorcerers'', chop off hands for theft, flogging people for not dressing modestly, treat women as second class citizens because of their ''deficient mind''? And this is just off the top of my head... which is still sitting nicely between my shoulders because I live in a 21st century democracy.

Yes it is haraam. 1/10
Reply 55
Original post by student.feed
Yes it is haraam. 1/10

So Mohamed wasn't a real muslim? Pump yo' breaks, kid...
Original post by Erebor
So Mohamed wasn't a real muslim? Pump yo' breaks, kid...

1. Before you start educating me on my own religion, check out for simple spelling mistakes. Educate yourself before your preach.

2. I don't get where you are inferring that from.

Pump yo' breaks, middle aged man with nothing to do.
Reply 57
Of course more UK Muslims would be part of ISIS than the UK armed forces. What a stupid story. Both Trump and the media are idiots for highlighting this
Guardian being guardian
Well definitely more are dying for ISIS.

Quick Reply

Latest