The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan looks set to be UK's most powerful Muslim

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ishea16
looooool:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ignorant AF:h:

are you taking issue with my spelling...? or the fact that the al qaeda flag is the same as the one at that "peaceful" muslim conference? :|

Spoiler

Original post by Fullofsurprises
It was just one of a number of absurd Goldsmith moments that made him look laughably toff and out of touch.

Boris has sufficient street sense to make a joke out of his bumbling attempts to be non-Etonian - Goldsmith seems incapable of escaping the straightjacket of his privileged blinkers.

I much prefer the Toffs like Jacob Rees Mogg who are honest don't even pretend to be 'normal' rather than the likes of Cameron and Goldsmith who pretend to like football and Greggs etc to be seen as 'one of the lads'.
the media attack Muslims so much

Do you count reporting acts of terror carried out by Muslims in the name of Islam to be 'media attacks?'
Reply 163
Original post by Copperknickers
London has had a serious problem with crime and subversive groups since long before immigrants got there. The reason they never solved the Jack the Ripper murders was largely because there was a murder on the street running through his area of London pretty much every day, and corruption and gang activitiy was so rife it was a no go zone for police. So frankly London has greatly improved since the immigrants arrived, and is still a less violent place than many mostly white cities such as Liverpool, Glasgow etc.

Anyway, no wonder some ethnic minority youths in London feel disaffected, when their mayor and prime minister up til now have been Etonian school chums who were members of an Oxford society specifically founded to glorify wealth and laugh at poor people. Perhaps having one of their own as mayor might provide them with something to aim for beyond drug money.

And this my friends is the mentality of left wingers ^

He is praising the third world dumps in London but what's the bet he's not a hypocrite and actually lives in one of them?
So Suliman Gani, the Conservative is taking legal action agains Michael Fallon for calling him an IS supporter, and so he should. Good on him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
I much prefer the Toffs like Jacob Rees Mogg who are honest don't even pretend to be 'normal' rather than the likes of Cameron and Goldsmith who pretend to like football and Greggs etc to be seen as 'one of the lads'.

:yep: This. At least Rees-Mogg doesn't even try to be what he isn't. The smoothing consultants that people like Cameron and Osborne use to try to seem more normal have a bit of a job. :teehee:
:yep: This. At least Rees-Mogg doesn't even try to be what he isn't. The smoothing consultants that people like Cameron and Osborne use to try to seem more normal have a bit of a job. :teehee:

My favourite Cameron one was the greggs comment in the midst of the pasty tax. Asked if he liked greggs he said 'yes I got one the other week'. Asked which pasty he got, he replied 'a large one'.

😂😂😂
My favourite Cameron one was the greggs comment in the midst of the pasty tax. Asked if he liked greggs he said 'yes I got one the other week'. Asked which pasty he got, he replied 'a large one'.

😂😂😂

A classic of consultant abuse - no doubt the advisor said something about "mention Greggs" but omitted the detailed brief. :lol:

Also Cameron can often be observed (like Boris) 'winging it', an Eton symptom if ever there was one.
Original post by Omen96
And this my friends is the mentality of left wingers ^

He is praising the third world dumps in London but what's the bet he's not a hypocrite and actually lives in one of them?

I am not from England, but I lived in a largely African area of London for a while and my grandparents lived in a largely Asian area which I have spent a lot of time in. I have been to the rough areas of London and other British cities and the worst areas I have seen are white areas in Glasgow in terms of violence and crime. Cultural differences and mismanagement of immigration have played a part in causing problems in London, but generally speaking social deprivation and poverty are the cause of crime and violent behaviour, and that issue spans all races and creeds.
Oh btw. I think the most important detail has been missed. I don't think he is UK's most powerful Muslim, that honour and privilege probably lies with a Saudi billionaire - who is probably in bed with Cameron. I mean I'm sure we can all think at least one politician whose decision has been influenced by a Muslim, couldn't we @Fullofsurprises ? Maybe a certain ... grandma? Someone whose name may rhyme with... artillary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chemting
Oh btw. I think the most important detail has been missed. I don't think he is UK's most powerful Muslim, that honour and privilege probably lies with a Saudi billionaire - who is probably in bed with Cameron. I mean I'm sure we can all think at least one politician whose decision has been influenced by a Muslim, couldn't we @Fullofsurprises ? Maybe a certain ... grandma? Someone whose name may rhyme with... artillary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, the list of 'powerful British Muslims' seems to grow by the minute. Perhaps there should be a Wikipedia page. :yep: I must start one. :excited:

The main US impact is going to be what Trump does. If he's elected, will Khan join the ranks of the banned 'Mooslims'? We await developments.
X

Do you intend to answer my question or am I to take it that, having as usual said something you can't prove, you're now going to save face and resort to the good old silent treatment? :rolleyes:

Original post by Hydeman
Do you count reporting acts of terror carried out by Muslims in the name of Islam to be 'media attacks?'
Original post by Hydeman
Do you intend to answer my question or am I to take it that, having as usual said something you can't prove, you're now going to save face and resort to the good old silent treatment? :rolleyes:

You weren't asking a relevant question, you were attempting some low grade point scoring with something that has no logical connection with the points I was making.
You weren't asking a relevant question

You said 'the media attacks Muslims so much.' Asking whether a given example constitutes a media attack on Muslims in your mind is a relevant question, though one that you're obviously reluctant to answer, hence the silly accusations that I've redacted from the quote.
(edited 7 years ago)
You weren't asking a relevant question, you were attempting some low grade point scoring with something that has no logical connection with the points I was making.

Doesn't surprise me. He loves taking little digs and swipes.
Lol, the list of 'powerful British Muslims' seems to grow by the minute. Perhaps there should be a Wikipedia page. :yep: I must start one. :excited:

Just cherry pick from here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Muslims#Members_of_Parliament

The main US impact is going to be what Trump does. If he's elected, will Khan join the ranks of the banned 'Mooslims'? We await developments.

Khan can invest millions in Trump Organisation ... and stay in Trump Tower :tongue:

Hey! what's wrong with low grade point scoring? :h: We are only preparing you for your inevitable career in politics... those sexist dudes won't go easy on you in the white men club... :fatcontroller::catfight:

@Hydeman really does have your best interests at hear :tongue: and that is training you to be a successful shill ... I mean... politician :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Doesn't surprise me. He loves taking little digs and swipes.

You love imagining them where they don't exist more like. Spot a dig or a swipe in the following post:

Original post by Hydeman

And you wonder why I don't think you're worth talking to.
Original post by BubbleBoobies
you absolute ****ing mong? ......you're a total numbskull who needs to learn how to argue better, i.e. not resorting to these childish ad hominems at the end, as if that makes you sound better - it makes you sound *actively* worse. what kind of intelligent person argues in that way?

Lmao the irony
Original post by Hydeman
You love imagining them where they don't exist more like. Spot a dig or a swipe in the following post:

And you wonder why I don't think you're worth talking to.

Sorry I was talking to FoS, not you.
But go through this thread and you've made lots of little passive aggressive digs such as'that's a bit Unregressive for you' ,'you're just ignoring to save face as usual', 'you defend crazy people' etc.

You're laughable. Yes I take digs at people, at least I'm honest about it. I don't take lots of little snidey, passive aggressive digs and then act like and claim I'm above it all.

You're as much of a pedant mudslinger as anyone on here, don't act like you're better.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest