The Student Room Group

Have you ever thought about donating an organ?

Poll

Have you everr thought about donating an organ?

I know almost everyone would immediately say yes if it was for a relative but what about donating to a stranger, possibly if you were their last hope?

What about people who haven't entirely improved their excessive drinking lifestyle but are still on the list for an organ donation?

Wouldn't it be a waste?
Do you think they deserve a second chance at life?

(or are there ways of doctors measuring this?, idk)

I haven't really made my mind up about this just because the whole transplantation process scares me but what do you think/would you donate?

Scroll to see replies

Already on the organ donor register.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Already on the organ donor register.

same
1) My organs are of little use to anyone, but I'd consider it I suppose. People are certainly welcome to them when I die. They can use my rotting face to scare naughty children for all I care.
2) Organ donation should be opt-out and not opt-in.
3) I would not actively donate to an alcoholic, but am not opposed to those with their addiction under control receiving a transplant.
I misread the title for orgasam....

I think about both often.
If you've already died then why not? It's not like you're going to need further use of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jawsontheflooor
same

Sneaky?
I don't think I'm allowed to lol, but I would.
Original post by ivybridge
I don't think I'm allowed to lol, but I would.

You could donate your jazz hands?
Original post by ByronicHero
Sneaky?

I don't understand ???
Original post by jawsontheflooor
I don't understand ???

Same.
Original post by ByronicHero
You could donate your jazz hands?

Lmao :lol:
I am already on the donor list. I had been meaning to sign up for years but I got the wake up call last year when my papa got put on the transplant list after he developed kidney failure after recovering from cancer. It two mins to sign up. Sadly, none of my family are matches to him so he's still on the list. My whole family has signed up to donors too. I want to help a family in a similar situation to what my family is in at the moment once I die. My organs will be no use to me.

I've also signed up to give blood too but I am waiting until my panic attacks are better before I donate because I'll end up taking a panic attack in the chair if I do it now and they wouldn't get any blood from me :frown: its been one of my goals for 2016 to give blood though and the year is not over year so you never know :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kiniun
I know almost everyone would immediately say yes if it was for a relative but what about donating to a stranger, possibly if you were their last hope?

What about people who haven't entirely improved their excessive drinking lifestyle but are still on the list for an organ donation?

Wouldn't it be a waste?
Do you think they deserve a second chance at life?

(or are there ways of doctors measuring this?, idk)

I haven't really made my mind up about this just because the whole transplantation process scares me but what do you think/would you donate?

Yes but i'm not sure who'd want my organs???

i mean my digestive system is pretty screwed up....
Reply 14
Original post by thefatone
Yes but i'm not sure who'd want my organs???

i mean my digestive system is pretty screwed up....

Surely every donation counts right? Or is it so bad that you feel the person you're donating to would suffer? I don't think it would be so serious to the extent that doctors may refuse your donation offer:smile:, It might not even be dangerous or anything
Original post by Kiniun
Surely every donation counts right? Or is it so bad that you feel the person you're donating to would suffer? I don't think it would be so serious to the extent that doctors may refuse your donation offer:smile:, It might not even be dangerous or anything

of course it does

the only they suffer is horrendous smelling gas and huge meaty poops

the only thing it's dangerous too is weak flushing power toilets
Reply 16
Original post by thefatone
of course it does

the only they suffer is horrendous smelling gas and huge meaty poops

the only thing it's dangerous too is weak flushing power toilets

10/10 for description:rofl::rofl:
Original post by Kiniun
10/10 for description:rofl::rofl:

well it's happened to me....

Spoiler

currently huge poop in toilet and 26 flushes still not gone down
They can have what they want from me, not sure if they would though. I can't give blood for a number of reasons and am also terrifiedof needles but organs definitely.
No. I wouldn't be able to play music without it.

Quick Reply

Latest