The Student Room Group

Veterinary Bioscience Glasgow

Hi, anyone else going to do vet bioscience at Glasgow uni in September? Are you applying for accommodation yet??
Reply 1
Hey, I'm hoping to do that course too. Not looked at accommodation just yet but I'm getting round to it. 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hello, i'll hopefully be doing that course too :smile:
Only just looking at accommodation now, where have you applied? Looking forward to the course :biggrin:
Reply 3
I applied for QM, kelvinhaugh, winton, murano and cairncross 😆 It sucks how you won't hear back though because it's a conditional 🙄
Reply 4
Oh i didn't know that. Thats annoying. So when do you find out? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Katie46
Oh i didn't know that. Thats annoying. So when do you find out? :s-smilie:

We don't find out until results come through in August, which is so long away! But the faster you apply the more likely you get your first choice I think. But QM seems to be the most popular accommodation and that's my first choice 😂
Reply 6
Urgh, that’s ages. I better apply soon then. Yeah, QM looks really nice, I like the idea of staying by the botanic gardens. I hope you get it! :smile:
My Dad keeps talking about me going to Wolfson Halls, think he's worried that I’ll forget to feed myself. I think I’ll apply closer to the main campus though.

Have you visited any of the accommodation? I didn't get the chance to at the offer day :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Katie46
Urgh, that’s ages. I better apply soon then. Yeah, QM looks really nice, I like the idea of staying by the botanic gardens. I hope you get it! :smile:
My Dad keeps talking about me going to Wolfson Halls, think he's worried that I’ll forget to feed myself. I think I’ll apply closer to the main campus though.

Have you visited any of the accommodation? I didn't get the chance to at the offer day :s-smilie:

Yeah Wolfson has a lot of vet students I think cause its near the vet school. I've visited QM back in the Open Day and it was really nice and visited Murano which had a nice library bit to it and computer room. However that's shared between all the students in the village. I think it's basically typical student flats.
I keep seeing adverts for Vito student flats and they look so much nicer but I want to move into Uni accommodation for 1st year so I'm i with other first years.
Reply 8
Aw that sounds good :smile: I only got to see Wolfson from the outside but they looked okay :biggrin: I had a wander round the Garscube Campus and it was really pretty and green. Think it will be a nice place to study.
Yeah I get what you mean. I live in Edinburgh so I could commute but I was worried that I wouldn't meet as many new people if I did. Where will you be coming from?
Reply 9
Original post by Katie46
Aw that sounds good :smile: I only got to see Wolfson from the outside but they looked okay :biggrin: I had a wander round the Garscube Campus and it was really pretty and green. Think it will be a nice place to study.
Yeah I get what you mean. I live in Edinburgh so I could commute but I was worried that I wouldn't meet as many new people if I did. Where will you be coming from?

I'm coming from Lanark which is about an hour on the train but then you also have the subway ride. Plus it's really expensive and Scotrail cancels a lot of trains :frown:
My brother stays away at Stirling Uni and enjoys it so i think that makes me want to go as well. Definitely not looking forward to doing my own ironing but!
Are you ready for biology tomorrow?
Reply 10
Yeah, I thought that too. Especially during freshers week, can't imagine having to get the train home every night. Haha, had completely forgotten about ironing, was thinking more about learning to cook :colondollar:
Oops, bit late but I thought the biology was okay. So many wordy questions though :frown:
How'd you find it? Are you doing Chemistry too?
Reply 11
Yeah I can't wait to start cooking but I'm sure I'll just be learning the local takeaways number 😂
I thought it was okay when I came out but now I've thought I did quite bad, hopefully the project will be okay! Yeah chemistry is my last one!!
Reply 12
Oh no, I'm sure you did fine tho! What did you do your project on? Aw, lucky. I have to wait until the 31st for Art before i'm done :frown:
Reply 13
I did it on training of fruit flies! How bout you? That sucks 😰
Reply 14
Thats so cool! Did it work? I didn't know you could train fruit flies :biggrin:. I did mine on suncreams and uv sensitive yeast.

How do you feel about Chemistry on Wednesday? Do you think you'll be ready? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending