The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omen96
The vast majority have now accepted the left have a strange relationship with Islam

Stats and sources or it never happened.
Reply 21
Original post by Dan Jarvis
Firstly I would like to say on the whole you are correct.There is a clear distinction on the left which seems to show they are pro islam , and seem to hate Israel- for bombing Palestine. My personal belief is that Islamic nations are generally very left wing it will be unfair to call them communists , but when they move to England they remain very much left wing and influence the thinking of our left-wingers. Also left leaning governments seem to be internationalists so many do-gooders support left wing parties, I think the Greens love Islam much more than Labour Voters i have met. I think Blair as much as i liked his economic policies has a lot to answer to for allowing them here in their Droves in the early 2000's people did not care because times seemed to be good. But Cameron has sustained high immigration policies. I think Im probably blue labour hate immigration but support a lot of New labour policies (which aren't) linked to immigration.

Putting economic policies aside, you don't think sharia law has fascist characteristics?
I don't love Muslims but any idiot with a single brain cell can work out that the billions of Muslims worldwide are not responsible for the actions of a few terrorist groups.
Socially but not economically. My question is to you then, why do all Pakistanis i know vote green- not even Labour

Because right wingers generally spew drivel like OP and have negative attitudes towards muslims, that's possibly why. Are you honestly that brain dead? :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96
First of all, I would be happy if a moderator could confirm if I'm allowed to tag users on TSR who represent the topic at hand, with their quotes of course? I don't want to have the thread deleted as a result.

Secondly, before you bring up Christianity or Judaism, im a strict atheist and hate all religion, the reason we focus on Islam is because the left have a special relationship with the ideology.

Now, on a number of my previous threads and on other threads we have see left wingers defend and express their support for Islam. They will say stuff like "these actions are not representative of Islam", "islam is peace", "islam is tolerant"...only previously a user asked me for evidence when I suggested the majority of the Islamic world are opposed to homosexuality because she believed it was only a small handful minority, that's the level of denial the left have reached, they will not accept homosexuals are persecuted in the Islamic world.

Why do the left defend Islam? It is barbaric and like any religion is responsible for the deaths of catastrophic numbers. There is nothing peaceful about the Quran or tolerant or loving. The Hadiths are worse. Yet the left will attack you for admitting that.

I challenge a left winger to say Islam is a barbaric ideology. I will say the same about any of these ideologies if you ask

Please make one about Judaism or Christianity, so ****ing bored of seeing Islam this and Islam that on my thread feed, like goddamn, is that all people care about? The left have no fascination with Islam whatsoever, its a religion which is teeming in the middle east, prespectively, alongside Judaism in Israel (the so called "chosen ones") which Christianity, predominantly, alongside Islam in many Arab countries. I am an Athiest too, but not one to go bashing every religious ideology. It has 1.7 billion followers, surely some have the common sense to depart and eridacate from such an ideology if it was so bad? Just please, go to sleep or read a book, these threads are just pissing me off . I am so boreeeed.
Reply 25
Original post by Quantex
I don't think many love it as much as many right wing people on the internet believe. I can't speak for all the left (and it is foolish to lump all the left together, something I shouldn't need to state but it gets done on TSR all the time), but my views to from indifference to dislike. What I do like though is religious freedom and freedom of expression/speech. They are important British values. People should be allowed to follow the religion they choose and or hold the beliefs they want. As for Islamic countries, they've got a long way to go. Britain is very weak when it comes to criticising their human rights records. Take Saudi Arabia... Blair, Brown and now Cameron won't criticise them, instead we suck up to them and sell them weapons. I wish it was different, but it certainly isn't exclusively a left wing thing.

Although I do find it strange that some on the British right have latched onto LGBT rights and Islam. They seem to have very short memories as it is the more conservative elements of Britain that were once very proud about their persecution of gay people in the name of preserving British values. The Conservative party have done more harm to gay people than Muslims.

You have not addressed the question at hand. Why do the left actively defend and promote Islam? It's one thing supporting freedom of expression (which is completely false for the left, only look to America, the left hold violent protests at every peaceful trump rally, freedom of expression my ***, but strangely the left never protest at Islamic rallies which promote sharia law, death of homosexuals, strange, one would think the left support these), and another thing to make out Islam is a peaceful, loving, tolerant religion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 雷尼克
I don't love Muslims but any idiot with a single brain cell can work out that the billions of Muslims worldwide are not responsible for the actions of a few terrorist groups.

FUCCCCK... We need people like you. Scapegoating is just a masquerade for further hate.
Reply 27
Original post by ivybridge
Because right wingers generally spew drivel like OP and have negative attitudes towards muslims, that's possibly why. Are you honestly that brain dead? :lol2:

Where in my OP did I attack Muslims? I attacked Islam
Reply 28
Original post by 雷尼克

Wait where did terrorism come into this? I'm talking about the violent versus in the Quran and sharia law which the left defend, don't change topic
Religion does have very very big issues. ISIS and IRA was created through Religion lets not forget Al-queda. I do not think their is a Chrisitan terror group , if anyone says the KKK i will laugh in their face

People use violence for all sorts of reasons. If religion didn't exist, people would still do it, but for another reason as Humans for some reason can't just live and only kill for necessities. Christians have been persecuting people for centuries, just because they don't do it as much now, doesn't mean they're guilt free.
Original post by Omen96
Putting economic policies aside, you don't think sharia law has fascist characteristics?

Well I did originally say my preference would be zero immigration. But Sharia law sure does have fascist characteristics, That twisted version of the Qu'Ran has created more or less every terrorist in modern history 1990ish onwards. Sunny Islam is what the problem is, to many muslims bend over and take it up the rectum from their religion. I wouldn't worry to much about Sharia in this country we would clense the country if it came to atheiests and christians vs Muislims in a civil war. Most of them would run off and abandon the country like they have in Syria. The answer is to get out of the EU close the doors permanantly and then inevitably immigration will go down- hopefully some Mosques will go down with the religion.
Original post by Omen96
Where in my OP did I attack Muslims? I attacked Islam

To you, it's largely one-and-the-same. I have had debates with you on other threads and all you do is attack attack attack. You wouldn't have even made this thread if it wasn't for that purpose. You seriously need to get a hobby - spending your time online venting your anger about muslims and politics :lol:. Go out with friends, do something, get a life, and live and let live.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Oblivion99
Please make one about Judaism or Christianity, so ****ing bored of seeing Islam this and Islam that on my thread feed, like goddamn, is that all people care about? The left have no fascination with Islam whatsoever, its a religion which is teeming in the middle east, prespectively, alongside Judaism in Israel (the so called "chosen ones":wink: which Christianity, predominantly, alongside Islam in many Arab countries. I am an Athiest too, but not one to go bashing every religious ideology. It has 1.7 billion followers, surely some have the common sense to depart and eridacate from such an ideology if it was so bad? Just please, go to sleep or read a book, these threads are just pissing me off . I am so boreeeed.

Christianity and Judaism are barbaric as well

But did you read the OP, why would I make a thread on these if the left attack them all the time anyway? The left never attack Islam, that's why we have a thread on Islam
Reply 33
To you, it's largely one-and-the-same. I have had debates with you on other threads and all you do is attack attack attack. You wouldn't have even taken this thread if it wasn't for that purpose. You seriously need to get a hobby - spending your time online venting your anger about muslims and politics :lol:. Go out with friends, do something, get a life, and live and let live.

You haven't addressed a single point I made and instead make accusations. I attacked Islam on this thread, are you going to address any of my points in the OP or ignore it all?
Because right wingers generally spew drivel like OP and have negative attitudes towards muslims, that's possibly why. Are you honestly that brain dead? :lol:

No I'm not brain dead- anyone who thinks Islam has no threat to our country is brain damaged.I will go far enough to say many of them have brought drugs with them from their native countries, I have not personally seen any negative attitudes towards muslims, the only negative attitudes i have recently have seen have been by muslims on the 74 bus on the way home from work.

"Pakistan is better than England, nicer place - blah,blah,blah"

If you do not like Western Democracy there is always the choice of going back to from where you came
Original post by GdotMdot
You hate religion, therefore any opinion you have is heavily biased, and so can not be taken seriously.

Non sequitur, much? That logic would disqualify the opinions of the religious themselves, for being inevitably biased in the opposite direction.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96
You haven't addressed a single point I made and instead make accusations. I attacked Islam on this thread, are you going to address any of my points in the OP or ignore it all?

I think the entire premise is absurd. You're wrong.

/thread addressed. Move on.
Well I did originally say my preference would be zero immigration. But Sharia law sure does have fascist characteristics, That twisted version of the Qu'Ran has created more or less every terrorist in modern history 1990ish onwards. Sunny Islam is what the problem is, to many muslims bend over and take it up the rectum from their religion. I wouldn't worry to much about Sharia in this country we would clense the country if it came to atheiests and christians vs Muislims in a civil war. Most of them would run off and abandon the country like they have in Syria. The answer is to get out of the EU close the doors permanantly and then inevitably immigration will go down- hopefully some Mosques will go down with the religion.

LOL I think rainy Islam is a bit more peaceful tho
Original post by sfaraj
if youre talking about daesh then youre mistaken ychap, the aren't muslims, they are an extremist group

It's possible to be both. One doesn't preclude the other.
No I'm not brain dead- anyone who thinks Islam has no threat to our country is brain damaged.I will go far enough to say many of them have brought drugs with them from their native countries, I have not personally seen any negative attitudes towards muslims, the only negative attitudes i have recently have seen have been by muslims on the 74 bus on the way home from work.

"Pakistan is better than England, nicer place - blah,blah,blah"

If you do not like Western Democracy there is always the choice of going back to from where you came

Islam is a religion. It holds no threat as a concept; individuals do. All muslims do not collectively. You're incredibly unreasonable and basically profiling. I have no time for you.

I've discussed this issue umpteen times and I say my concluding point again: move on. Stop complaining about everything and anything and live your life and let others live theirs. There is no problem. You are making one out of fear and anxiety - exactly the reason Trump has an ounce of support in the States. Go out, have a life, and stop complaining about Muslims and insulting their faith online. Definitive element: grow up.

Latest