The Student Room Group

Riot police in action at Italy border as Austria prepares to fence up.

This comes as the mainly African migrants have begun flooding into Italy after the Macedonia border was closed off, the border to Austria is a main route for trade in and out of Italy and is already very prone to delays, there are fears that the resurrection of border-checks will harm the economy in Italy.
This is of course, on top of the very costly rescue operations getting the Africans and Muslims from their coastline, straining public services, with up to 3,000 a day recorded in the weeks gone past.

The rioters that appeared on the borders and clashed with police were shouting for 'no borders'. Not protesting the effect on the economy, but the effect it would have on migrants trying to enter Europe via the route.

Are we seeing the end of Europe,specifically schengen. Just how much are people prepared to sacrifice for those migrants that simply have dollar signs in their eyes. What will it be like when Turkey gets visa free access ? I can't see any way of Europe surviving this tsunami.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3578659/Italian-riot-police-injured-violent-clashes-no-border-protesters-EU-boss-Juncker-warns-closing-Austrian-Italy-controls-political-catastrophe.html
Reply 1
Wow!
Loads of war refugees!
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
Wow!
Loads of war refugees!

I know, it breaks my heart to all those women and children from Syria desperate to..... wait a minute, are Syrians black? Figure I'll be called a racist for pointing that out.
But w-w-wwall!......f-f-ffence!... RACISM!!!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by HanSoloLuck
This comes as the mainly African migrants have begun flooding into Italy after the Macedonia border was closed off, the border to Austria is a main route for trade in and out of Italy and is already very prone to delays, there are fears that the resurrection of border-checks will harm the economy in Italy.
This is of course, on top of the very costly rescue operations getting the Africans and Muslims from their coastline, straining public services, with up to 3,000 a day recorded in the weeks gone past.

The rioters that appeared on the borders and clashed with police were shouting for 'no borders'. Not protesting the effect on the economy, but the effect it would have on migrants trying to enter Europe via the route.

Are we seeing the end of Europe,specifically schengen. Just how much are people prepared to sacrifice for those migrants that simply have dollar signs in their eyes. What will it be like when Turkey gets visa free access ? I can't see any way of Europe surviving this tsunami.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3578659/Italian-riot-police-injured-violent-clashes-no-border-protesters-EU-boss-Juncker-warns-closing-Austrian-Italy-controls-political-catastrophe.html

Wait, the Schengen is death for ever? Is that for sure?

From what I got it is just suspended for some time.
These hardly look like the kind of people we want in our lands.

Wait, what am I saying, they're clearly doctors and engineers!
I need to brush up on my geography. Never knew Syria was in Africa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending