The Student Room Group

asian men beat their women?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Well men from Pakistan and UK born pakistanis are a shade of the same are they not? Since the tradition is so hard to break, right? Then they're continuing those sometimes depraved traditions...elsewhere, 9/10.

Not really, men form Pakistan are from tribal areas where they wouldn't survive, most UK Pakistanis are soft in the heart, trust me.
Original post by ShiningNights
I agree that SOME Asian men can cause violence, just like SOME Black and White men.

Ok great, bye.

Original post by thefatone
that's pretty funny since my dad's hit me plenty before

sure?

my dad has hit my mum before......

lol

Original post by Anonymous
Idk about that, sometimes I tell myself that they have their own demons to battle- maybe that's why they resort to violence? But still that's NO excuse to inflict abuse on people. It's just sad, I've always tried to see the better from people, in situations like this, I can't :/ but I'll have to move on from this and change this backward thinking

Eradicate this comepletly

There's so many anonymous I dunno if you're the one I spoke to earlier lol

I agree no excuse and eradicate but you can't indoctrinate it unless countries make it illegal but Pakistan is politically theological. And I've seen ppl say the Koran encourages sexism and violence so. It's a shame, it's stuff like this that drags me from the left wing.
Well am sorry that did happen to you. :smile:
But just because it did happen to you doesn't mean it happens in every household.

See you. Ppl are trying to move forward and you're draggin back denying still pointing out irrelevancies. No one said it happens in every household, you.

Not really, men form Pakistan are from tribal areas where they wouldn't survive, most UK Pakistanis are soft in the heart, trust me.

I try to trust but then you hear about child sex slavery and Pakistan grooming gangs and joining ISIS and nonsense.
Original post by 0to100
See you. Ppl are trying to move forward and you're draggin back denying still pointing out irrelevancies. No one said it happens in every household, you.

lol have I done anything to upset you?

I didn't deny anything....
Original post by 0to100
Ok great, bye.

lol

There's so many anonymous I dunno if you're the one I spoke to earlier lol

I agree no excuse and eradicate but you can't indoctrinate it unless countries make it illegal but Pakistan is politically theological. And I've seen ppl say the Koran encourages sexism and violence so. It's a shame, it's stuff like this that drags me from the left wing.

Haha it was me :tongue: anon 6 lol

And hmm, tbh, in my situation religion never played a role in the violence, only because my dad wasn't very religious...I really think in my situation is was purely a cultural/mentality thing. From what I've known, my fathers entire generation have grown up with this thinking- they legit think it's normal that beat people up. It's so backward.

Also, if we dig deeper, people from villages and poorer places in Pakistani tend to be more abusive than those from the cities (this is a trend I have learnt when asking people about stuff like this) so I conclude most of the time, it's a mentality thing

But I see your link about religion (people from the villages tend to be more religious too- just something I've realised and most Pakistanis understand so maybe there is a link as much as people deny it, but in my household, religion wasn't the case)
lol have I done anything to upset you?

I didn't deny anything....

I mean it's too much effort to block. I'd have to look for how to do so on here. Then go to the page, try to find your name, then come back here like no. Just quit quoting you're not very mature and you're kind of like apologising for domestic abuse. Maybe I'm upset because I may or may not have dealt with domestic abuse as well and Im not even asian/muslim, as you like to point out white ppl experience it too. So I relate to ppl no matter their culture. And here you are trying to act like it's no big deal comparing the lesser of two evils!
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
Being Asian and having Asian friends I have never even remotely heard of Asian women being treated badly by Asian men.

Really? Wow thats interesting.
Literally every asian i know personally from London has been beaten by their father or even worse their muslim teacher in an islamic school! Which is atrocious as a kid to have the man who is physically superior to you, in a higher position of authority to you, teach you about your religion and then physcially beat you and your fellow students (muslim brothers).....how do we go about our lives saying we love every muslim in the world wen we brutally beat our physically inferior with no right at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it was me :tongue: anon 6 lol

And hmm, tbh, in my situation religion never played a role in the violence, only because my dad wasn't very religious...I really think in my situation is was purely a cultural/mentality thing. From what I've known, my fathers entire generation have grown up with this thinking- they legit think it's normal that beat people up. It's so backward.

Also, if we dig deeper, people from villages and poorer places in Pakistani tend to be more abusive than those from the cities (this is a trend I have learnt when asking people about stuff like this) so I conclude most of the time, it's a mentality thing

But I see your link about religion (people from the villages tend to be more religious too- just something I've realised and most Pakistanis understand so maybe there is a link as much as people deny it, but in my household, religion wasn't the case)

No no you're very right that villages it happens more! They're ore vulnerable, less educated and less ability to protect themselves. Also villages might have their own gov't. That's just how it is wolrdwide in smaller more isolated or poorer areas. So they're a bit more barbaric and have to rely on their own methods and traditions. It happens in let's say China where ppl STILL buy wives but it happens more in the countryside, where the village mayors kinda let the townspeople have at it themselves and do as they say smh. I'm sure societies will be very different in different regions because of lifestyle but I'm still sure many times even immigrants like 3 or more generations ago still practice their culture. But I agree vulnerability and theology is higher in the country and small villages.
Original post by 0to100
I mean it's too much effort to block. I'd have to look for how to do so on here. Then go to the page, try to find your name, then come back here like no. Just quit quoting you're not very mature and you're kind of like apologising for domestic abuse. Maybe I'm upset because I may or may not have dealt with domestic abuse as well and Im not even asian/muslim, as you like to point out white ppl experience it too. So I relate to ppl no matter their culture. And here you are trying to act like it's no big deal comparing the lesser of two evils!

I don't think you understand what I am saying. There should be a thread about domestic violence in all household not just Asian. So that everyone can contribute. I never denied that it happens in Asian households.
And I agree with you, no matter their culture. That's why am saying don't look at the culture or the race.

But I didn't mean to upset you.
Original post by 0to100
No no you're very right that villages it happens more! They're ore vulnerable, less educated and less ability to protect themselves. Also villages might have their own gov't. That's just how it is wolrdwide in smaller more isolated or poorer areas. So they're a bit more barbaric and have to rely on their own methods and traditions. It happens in let's say China where ppl STILL buy wives but it happens more in the countryside, where the village mayors kinda let the townspeople have at it themselves and do as they say smh. I'm sure societies will be very different in different regions because of lifestyle but I'm still sure many times even immigrants like 3 or more generations ago still practice their culture. But I agree vulnerability and theology is higher in the country and small villages.

Yup, that's exactly it. You explained that perfectly well. :smile:

Bottom line, we need to evolve to be better human beings, and then convey it to the future generation.
Original post by 0to100

i agree with most of the things you have said!!! im a muslim and in my culture ( not asian) men respect their women they are giving the rights and eqaullity they get. my father and mother get along. my dad never raised his hand or voice at my mom ( all praise to God) i would never want to witness my mother being hit cause if anyone did i would stop it and get rid of that prson ASAP. and ill be 100%honest i dont like asains (pakis and bengalis) esspicaly men. they tend to be racist against blacks and jamicans like youre not any better!!
Well am sorry that did happen to you. :smile:
But just because it did happen to you doesn't mean it happens in every household.

yup
Original post by 0to100
lol

was it really that funny????
I think domestic violence is an issue that all races have to some extent but I can only speak from my personal experience of having a Muslim dad who abused my mum and often would try justify it by saying it was 'accepted by our culture and religion'. That being said, I dont really see a solution to this and I can't blame the religion because it's not like he strictly followed all the other principals of Islam, rather I think he used religion as an excuse. I've never seen him show remorse for hurting my mum and that's just despicable because no matter what religion you follow, how can you be satisfied after harming someone you're meant to love?
They do. My mother has a pacemaker and is in bad health generally as well but that doesn't stop it. Kick, belt, slap, punch, you name it. I beg at his feet and my brother covers my mother, my siblings are screaming yet that doesn't phase him. Everyone ends up in tears covered in bruises.

And I know many my age, some as young as 16, and he comes in drunk. I know a 19 year old with two young children (under the age of 3) and she got paint from the store. She dropped the paint bucket on the way home and it spilled on the road. She paid for that with a gallon of tears and a black eye. That was just last week.
They're all cheaters, they all have multiple bitches they go out and **** while their women are abused and are back home crying to their mothers, cooking and running after the kids.

You can say it's only a few all you want, you come over here and I'll show you all the women/ girls who go through it. Yet they're all too scared to report because of all the 'shame' they'll bring unto themselves, and all the 'family honour' they'll destroy. Getting the neighbours calling 999 on you at 1 am is really preserving your family honour isn't it.

That's why I've decided I won't get married. I don't care who judges me, I'm not going to live like that.
In Scotland white men beat their women!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do. My mother has a pacemaker and is in bad health generally as well but that doesn't stop it. Kick, belt, slap, punch, you name it. I beg at his feet and my brother covers my mother, my siblings are screaming yet that doesn't phase him. Everyone ends up in tears covered in bruises.

And I know many my age, some as young as 16, and he comes in drunk. I know a 19 year old with two young children (under the age of 3) and she got paint from the store. She dropped the paint bucket on the way home and it spilled on the road. She paid for that with a gallon of tears and a black eye. That was just last week.
They're all cheaters, they all have multiple bitches they go out and **** while their women are abused and are back home crying to their mothers, cooking and running after the kids.

You can say it's only a few all you want, you come over here and I'll show you all the women/ girls who go through it. Yet they're all too scared to report because of all the 'shame' they'll bring unto themselves, and all the 'family honour' they'll destroy. Getting the neighbours calling 999 on you at 1 am is really preserving your family honour isn't it.

That's why I've decided I won't get married. I don't care who judges me, I'm not going to live like that.

Are you a girl?

My dad was the same, ****ing a prostitute in india when I was 6. I never want to get married, I'm too scared.
I think domestic violence is an issue that all races have to some extent but I can only speak from my personal experience of having a Muslim dad who abused my mum and often would try justify it by saying it was 'accepted by our culture and religion'. That being said, I dont really see a solution to this and I can't blame the religion because it's not like he strictly followed all the other principals of Islam, rather I think he used religion as an excuse. I've never seen him show remorse for hurting my mum and that's just despicable because no matter what religion you follow, how can you be satisfied after harming someone you're meant to love?

Well the culture where women hit them back should be allowed. Why physically hurt anyone. Women should **** the honour, family **** and get some balls and tell the police so their so called husbands can get arse ****ed in prison viciously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you a girl?

My dad was the same, ****ing a prostitute in india when I was 6. I never want to get married, I'm too scared.

I am!
Exactly, and oh I wish it was just him. My mother got ****ed over, my aunts, all their husbands had other women on their phones. They were always at 'work'. Lol.
I'm not doing it, they're all the ****ing same. Love doesn't exist when you're Muslim/ asian. It's all ********. In fact this morning I was told my cousin told one of my aunts that he was going to marry me so he could get to Britain, and divorce me then marry the girl he actually likes and bring her here.

They're all ****ing disgusting I wish I was gay.
I made a post about my dad earlier bring abusivr to my mum but also the only other Asian father figure I know well is my grandpa and he is one of the kindest most patient people I've ever met, I've never heard him ever even raise his voice at my grandma forget hurt her and my mum says hw has always been like that. Ultimately it depends on how educated you are and your own experiences, for example if you were raised in the village in Pakistan and saw your own dad hit your mum with his sandals 24/7, you are likely to reflect that behaviour but if you have a brain and a conscience, you don't need to be primitive and can use words to express yourself rather than violence
I come from a Bengali Muslim background & despite my mum & dad arguing there's never been a situation where I've seen him hit her. Women are to be respected, if anything it's our role as men to protect those who are weaker than us. I can't speak for other families though, I'm sure there's a few psychos out there, but it's not something that would just be reserved for one sole ethnicity or even gender.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending