The Student Room Group

I regret not working harder

Unis are just like girls, always rejecting me.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I honestly thought this would be some sort of long, heartfelt and motivational post about how working hard is the key to success, but nope.
Reply 2
I feel like that too. Like I could've have tried harder over the course of the year. :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Pockii

Spoiler

Gap year then?
Regret nothing and party hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yolo innit
Reply 6
Original post by M14B
Gap year then?

I wouldn't know what to do in that year tbh, plus i've already firmed so my fate is sealed :l
What were your grades like in GCSES and A levels? I feeel the same away about my gcses, literally messed them up soooo bad but now I'm making up for it through my work now in yr12.
i don't regret it, and i ain't even doing that bad in life
What about a year of work experience or an apprenticeship? Uni isn't always the best option for everyone, and there are many extremely successful and happy people who do not have degrees :smile:
I regret viewing this thread
Original post by fire_and_ice
I honestly thought this would be some sort of long, heartfelt and motivational post about how working hard is the key to success, but nope.

[video="youtube;FMug2TPuWAE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMug2TPuWAE[/video]
Original post by Pockii

Spoiler

Never too late to get to where you're meant to be though :wink:
Original post by Pockii
I wouldn't know what to do in that year tbh, plus i've already firmed so my fate is sealed :l

which have you firmed :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Tenisha1999
What were your grades like in GCSES and A levels? I feeel the same away about my gcses, literally messed them up soooo bad but now I'm making up for it through my work now in yr12.

I'm from America so different system, I was predicted 4 5's and 1 4 which translates to AAAAB, I think xD

Original post by AverageExcellence
which have you firmed :smile:

KCL for comp sci
Original post by Pockii
I'm from America so different system, I was predicted 4 5's and 1 4 which translates to AAAAB, I think xD

KCL for comp sci

Very nice dude, don't know what you're upset about that's a good result!
Original post by Pockii

KCL for comp sci

and what did you get instead of 55554
Reply 17
Very nice dude, don't know what you're upset about that's a good result!

Thanks! but I just feel like I could have done better, I contacted the unis which had rejected me and they basically told me the courses I was taking weren't good enough for them. I don't think they understand how the american system works to be completely honest, but yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pockii
Thanks! but I just feel like I could have done better, I contacted the unis which had rejected me and they basically told me the courses I was taking weren't good enough for them. I don't think they understand how the american system works to be completely honest, but yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

where did you get rejected from if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 19
where did you get rejected from if you dont mind me asking?

Well maybe I do mind >:[
jk, I got rejected from Southampton and Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest