The Student Room Group

Things you used to be scared of

Scroll to see replies

1. Escalators
2. The bogey man
3. The dark (not gunna lie, still a tinsie bit true)
Original post by Kamara7
Omg I only just saw this, sorry :frown: What happened?

They used to trigger traumatic memories from the 2006 Lebanon war. Thankfully I've overcome the phobia and quite like fireworks now :smile:
A Labour Government.
Original post by saladays
Okay, so I can't remember what the advert looked like exactly but it was a big cardboard point of sale display with this guy called Nobby who looks like this

image.jpeg

displaying these nuts and I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED. I refused to go near it. I ran out of the store crying once because they moved the display overnight and when I walked through an aisle I thought was safe, BAM, IT'S NOBBY'S NIGHTMARE NUTS!

The fear is understandable :console:
Original post by childofthesun
They used to trigger traumatic memories from the 2006 Lebanon war. Thankfully I've overcome the phobia and quite like fireworks now :smile:

:console: :hugs:
Original post by rm715
I used to be scared of going to sleep because I got a lot of nightmares. The dark also, I'd sleep with the duvet over my head so I didn't see any 'ghosts' lol I was so weird.

Awww :h: I think my worst nightmare would've been of that Teletubbies cloud :lol:
Sunflowers :colondollar:

Still scared of birds tho
The troll in Harry potter and the Philosopher's Stone, who goes into the toilet when Hermione is in there:s-smilie:
Original post by AthiaKarim
Sunflowers :colondollar:

Still scared of birds tho

That is so adorable :h:

All birds?
Original post by Tarte Tatin
The troll in Harry potter and the Philosopher's Stone, who goes into the toilet when Hermione is in there:s-smilie:

Tbh that was some ugly troll :lol:
Original post by Kamara7
That is so adorable :h:

All birds?

Haha 😂 And yes all birds unfortunately, from robins, to pigeons, to crows, to chickens in the farm, to an ostrich. My fear is like no joke, I'm legit so frightened of them. Some people try and scare me, but my reaction to them isn't always pleasant lol
Original post by AthiaKarim
Haha 😂 And yes all birds unfortunately, from robins, to pigeons, to crows, to chickens in the farm, to an ostrich. My fear is like no joke, I'm legit so frightened of them. Some people try and scare me, but my reaction to them isn't always pleasant lol

:console: My brother is terrified of pigeons, he says it's the way they "knock their heads" :lol:
My friends cat... in fact I still fear it after 5 years! Who knew such a small cat could scratch so deeply
Original post by Kamara7
:console: My brother is terrified of pigeons, he says it's the way they "knock their heads" :lol:

Aww bless him! Tbf I'm not even afraid of that, I get freaked out by their physical look and their feathers esp! They just creep me out

Ooh I just got the shivers lol 😬
Original post by JackFletch
My friends cat... in fact I still fear it after 5 years! Who knew such a small cat could scratch so deeply

Oh no! :O Were you bleeding everywhere???
Original post by Kamara7
Oh no! :O Were you bleeding everywhere???

Pretty much! I needed a bandage haha
Original post by JackFletch
Pretty much! I needed a bandage haha

>.< The cuteness of cats is such a facade :lol:
Original post by Rhythmical
Clowns and still they freak me out. I used to be scared of balloons when they pop and the sound of cardboard as it made my spine shiver.[/

I used to be dead scared of balloons and especially other people blowing them up. It was the unpredictability of the loud bang and the anticipation of it that made me very nervous of them.
Bạn thể nhớ bất cứ điều bạn đã từng sợ khi bạn còn trẻ?

Tôi sử dụng để được sợ hãi của một con khủng long màu tím trên Dora the Explorer (Tôi nhớ ẩn đằng sau sofa, tôi sử dụng để được sợ khủng long này) một đám mây trên Teletubbies được sử dụng để bay đến mặt đất (Tôi nghĩ rằng tôi trên cả của họ bây giờ)

Quick Reply

Latest