The Student Room Group

Still can't decide on A-level subjects

Still trying to pick my A-levels and I have no idea what to do :s-smilie:

I definitely want to do Spanish and RS but I can't decide between French or politics for my third subject. I've never done politics before but it seems interesting and does look like something I'd enjoy.

I've done French since Year 10 and I do love it, but I'm just worried about balancing two languages at once as I keep hearing stories about how hard languages are at A-level and that even people who are natives don't get A's :s-smilie: I still don't really have an idea of what I want to do in the future either :frown: What do you guys think? which subjects would leave quite a lot of options open?
Original post by luciie

I definitely want to do Spanish and RS but I can't decide between French or politics for my third subject. I've never done politics before but it seems interesting and does look like something I'd enjoy.

I've done French since Year 10 and I do love it, but I'm just worried about balancing two languages at once as I keep hearing stories about how hard languages are at A-level and that even people who are natives don't get A's :s-smilie: I still don't really have an idea of what I want to do in the future either :frown: What do you guys think? which subjects would leave quite a lot of options open?

Why don't you do both?
Original post by luciie

What do you want to be in the future?
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Why don't you do both?

I can an only take 3 subjects since they've gotten rid of AS
Original post by luciie

Maybe you could do history or English instead then, A level politics is kind of useless
(edited 7 years ago)
Take politics, I take it and it's so interesting cos it changes all the time and you use what's in the news in your answers. All my friends that took French dropped it by Chirstmas cos it's really hard. Plus if you take politics it goes well with philosophy, I do that :smile:
Original post by luciie

You can still take an AS qualification for any specific subject. So if you were doing AS History and you let the school know, they would enter you for the exam and you can drop the subject once it's done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You still have time to decide if you're doing your GCSES at the moment :smile: I know people in the same situation as you but I think you'll have a clearer idea after you get your results and it'll be an indicator of what you could be really good at. Think about subjects you're enjoying at the moment or look into any A Levels that you think you would be interested in. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest