The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys!

My class and I are pretty screwed with this exam and wondering if you guys had any tips or videos that can be used to revise the exam!

pls halp:s-smilie:

Thanks
Hi guys, I'm starting this exam on Monday but I have no idea what I'm doing at all! please any help
You need learn about DB structures such as tables, columns, rows, keys - primary, foreign, compound and composite, queries - select, append, update, delete and how to manipulate queries to return different results and, finally relationships. Then understand how to apply this to access! Do past papers!

Also, take a look at Lynda.com
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by titch786
Hi guys, I'm starting this exam on Monday but I have no idea what I'm doing at all! please any help

Hi! I made a table of all the validation rules for access. I'll attach it in a bit. Goodluck for your exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billystride
Please send it to me on pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
14624378772841258300147.jpg
Attachment not found
sitting it Monday morning , my teachers are struggling with it and I have no idea on how to do macros .
My teachers think we'll need to know action queries for adding new tables/data etc. Also queries and forms for registering new teachers/acts. We also have 6/7 tables, we assumed we would have to manage video information. I am also struggling to get macros to work tho.
Original post by thiswayitcomes
My teachers think we'll need to know action queries for adding new tables/data etc. Also queries and forms for registering new teachers/acts. We also have 6/7 tables, we assumed we would have to manage video information. I am also struggling to get macros to work tho.

6/7 tables ? Your teachers are crazy! The most there has ever been is 5. I think that there will be 5 tables, and maybe a m:m relationship but that may not even occur.
Lol😂
**** this is unit7...
Wrong group😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by joshgallagher24
6/7 tables ? Your teachers are crazy! The most there has ever been is 5. I think that there will be 5 tables, and maybe a m:m relationship but that may not even occur.

The maximum tables will be 5
Ive got
Establishments
Acts
Rounds
Artist
Teachers
Reply 51
Original post by Bex1308
I agree with these tables, however the voting system is confusing me and I'm not sure how it is going to work, since there is different judges and the establishment and teachers can vote in the final round. This seems confusing in terms of tables to me. Any ideas?

I think they will be
Acts
Establishments
Rounds
Teachers
Artists as a link table
Reply 52
a2.png
Hey guys ive attached a picture above of what i think how the relationships will go
It is just a guess so dont use it as a guideline throughout your exam
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 14.08.08.png
Hi guys, i have attached what we thought might be the tables with their field names and the relationships, this is also just a guideline, please give any advice or improvements you suggest to these, thanks, and good luck to us all
Personally I don't believe there will be a many to many, instead I think we will have a 1:m to one specific table like the 2013 exam. They haven't used many to many a lot in this exam so cross your fingers!
Original post by Joshlpearson
sitting it Monday morning , my teachers are struggling with it and I have no idea on how to do macros .

Youtube macros for saving records and macros in general
Original post by joshgallagher24
Personally I don't believe there will be a many to many, instead I think we will have a 1:m to one specific table like the 2013 exam. They haven't used many to many a lot in this exam so cross your fingers!

Yeah, I was thinking that too
Original post by XIIIClueLessIIIX
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 14.08.08.png
Hi guys, i have attached what we thought might be the tables with their field names and the relationships, this is also just a guideline, please give any advice or improvements you suggest to these, thanks, and good luck to us all

Looks good
Who's got a unit 9 networking exam as well?
Reply 59
Original post by Mohsin56
Looks good

Dont think video will be a table. Either Votes or Artists

Latest