The Student Room Group

AS predicted grades from GCSE's

It is coming up to GCSE's and right now I have no idea what kind of grades I will be receiving in the summer.
I am thinking about getting into a good university after I do my A levels and was wondering if they predict your A2 grades from the ones you got at GCSE? and when do they tell you your predicted grades, is it in September (at the started of AS) or just before applying to uni? any advice/guidance would be gratefully received :smile:
Reply 1
They predict your A2 grades at the start of the second year based on what you get in AS and partly in the ones of GCSE (kinda like if you get a B in AS but you had an A in GCSE you're more likely to get a predicted A for A2, at least in my college). The other predicted grades were given around January in AS, based on the performance so far and the GCSE grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Cacsel
They predict your A2 grades at the start of the second year based on what you get in AS and partly in the ones of GCSE (kinda like if you get a B in AS but you had an A in GCSE you're more likely to get a predicted A for A2, at least in my college). The other predicted grades were given around January in AS, based on the performance so far and the GCSE grades.

Thank you so much for explaining that, it is really useful! Good luck with your exams this year!
Most A levels will be linear from this September and the majority of schools don't do AS levels in subjects that you plan to complete a full A level in. A level grades will be predicted in year 13 based on performance in lessons, progress tests and internal exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Most A levels will be linear from this September and the majority of schools don't do AS levels in subjects that you plan to complete a full A level in. A level grades will be predicted in year 13 based on performance in lessons, progress tests and internal exams.

Quick Reply

Latest