Original post by HAnwar
Really? We have so much in common :biggrin:

Looks like it. :wink: :h:
I so want to marry now 😔
Original post by Shatoo
I so want to marry now 😔

you're not the only one fam
Original post by Anonymous
Also, if it's not obvious from your username, put whether you're male or female.
I'd like to be married by 25 - female.

I would like to get married as sooner as possible (20-21).. cause it protects u from many sins.. protects ur private parts.. & creates haya in u.. imo..
Original post by Muhammad Shehzar
I would like to get married as sooner as possible (20-21).. cause it protects u from many sins.. protects ur private parts.. & creates haya in u.. imo..

exactly man if you get married early you're not tempted
ur so much more likely to sin if u leave it in my opinion unless you like level 10 self control which i lack
I'm asking my father if I can get married at 18 or 19.
Original post by Lookingforlight
I'm asking my father if I can get married at 18 or 19.

like he's gonna let u they always say wait till you're financially stable first
23/24. :biggrin:
Original post by MevMev
like he's gonna let u they always say wait till you're financially stable first

If I get an Apprenticeship then I will probably also try and get married
Ex muslim here so sorry if my post doesn't really fit the quota.

However when I was a muslim and still now tbh I never really wanted to marry young.
Around late 20's would have been good, wanted to get my degree(s) out the way and be financially stable before I made any commitment to another human being.
Sin was never a factor, when i was religious i never wanted to get married for the sole reason that I may stray and have a relationship before marriage, I had enough will power to stay single till marriage.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Wouldn't you get bored at home though? I'm sure you'd be able to manage work and home life.

Some people actually enjoy their job, and if everyone had that attitude, then society would not function. Does the idea of being completely dependant financially on your husband not bother you?
Your choice is your choice though, so whatever.
Random question, why bother going to university and wasting money if you have no wish to actually put your degree to use? Surely if it was just to learn, you could find cheap alternatives of doing so as opposed to wasting £9000 a year?

100% agree with this! What's the point of going to university if you do not plan to work. I want to work, i don't like the idea of depending on my husband all the time.
Original post by noticemesenpai
100% agree with this! What's the point of going to university if you do not plan to work. I want to work, i don't like the idea of depending on my husband all the time.

I third this.

Although I'm a male and no longer a Muslim, I wouldnt want to marry a women who was 100% dependent on me. Being independent is such an attractive trait. I imagine some male muslims feel the same.
Original post by Cobalt_
I third this.

Although I'm a male and no longer a Muslim, I wouldnt want to marry a women who was 100% dependent on me. Being independent is such an attractive trait. I imagine some male muslims feel the same.

I just hate the idea to be honest, i prefer working. It is my preference, never liked the idea of being a housewife, some girl's prefer it. I just think it's a tad lazy in my opinion.
I just hate the idea to be honest, i prefer working. It is my preference, never liked the idea of being a housewife, some girl's prefer it. I just think it's a tad lazy in my opinion.

Completely agree, its an extremely selfless and good opinion to have.
Being independent is a really great trait :h:
Original post by Cobalt_

Thanks! Well, getting a degree and then becoming a housewife makes no sense to me.
25 minimum. Being financially stable first is more important to me.

I already explained how a degree can serve as a back up as you have no idea what's going to happen in the future, whether you'll get married or not etc.

Lol cleaning the whole house top to bottom is lazy?
Cooking for the whole family is lazy?

Original post by Cobalt_
I third this.

That's completely subjective.

Original post by Cobalt_

Well you could also argue putting a career over one's family is more selfish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Well, getting a degree and then becoming a housewife makes no sense to me.

Well, I can see why people would get a degree.
Could be for development of skills or just for knowledge on a subject which you find interesting. However 9K a year for 3/4 years seems pointless if you're only going to develop skills/increase your knowledge in a particular filed which you'll never use in the real world.

What bothers me is the attitude. I actually know a few women out there who are expecting to marry a guy doing a particular degree (eg medicine) and for them to pay for their lifestyles whilst they contribute nothing. Somehow this opinion is accepted and somewhat encouraged.

I may have a western view on relationships but I think they should be equal. Both partners should at least try to share both work and domestic tasks out.
Original post by HAnwar
I already explained how a degree can serve as a back up as you have no idea what's going to happen in the future, whether you'll get married or not etc.

Lol cleaning the whole house top to bottom is lazy?
Cooking for the whole family is lazy?

That's completely subjective.

Well you could also argue putting a career over one's family is more selfish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that is my opinion. As stated before, some girls may prefer looking after their home, i just don't like the idea to be honest.
once i've got a house, a ranger rover and enough money to support myself and my cat. Whenever that happens.
-F

Latest