The Student Room Group

Do I continue to see this guy?

So I've been seeing this guy for the past 5 months and we haven't even kissed and yet he thinks we're official?
I really do like him, and I know some will say "if you really do like him, you can wait" but I really don't think this is the situation. I've been on so many dates with him but nothing has happened, it's not as if he doesn't like me, because he has said he does.
Like, I'm tired of waiting around for something to happen, so do I end it with him?

Scroll to see replies

5 months without kissing,

either
he is asexual
has bad breath
is a coward
wants to wait until marriage (to kiss?)
doesn't like you

nothing good
Reply 2
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
5 months without kissing,

either
he is asexual
has bad breath
is a coward
wants to wait until marriage (to kiss?)
doesn't like you

nothing good

Literally you read my mind.. AND every friend of mine that I've told, lmao.
Original post by Ceriidwen
Literally you read my mind.. AND every friend of mine that I've told, lmao.

For someone i'm sexually interested in, i'd go straight in.
For someone i'm romantically interested in, if i've known them for a while i'd kiss first date, if not i'd kiss second date, if religion or anything gets in the way i'd even consider third if I didn't think she looked ready.

I damn well wouldn't wait 5 months to kiss a girl I liked.
Reply 4
For someone i'm sexually interested in, i'd go straight in.
For someone i'm romantically interested in, if i've known them for a while i'd kiss first date, if not i'd kiss second date, if religion or anything gets in the way i'd even consider third if I didn't think she looked ready.

I damn well wouldn't wait 5 months to kiss a girl I liked.

He's not religious so it's not that, I think he's just too shy for me, and to say (what turns most nice guys to jerks) he's too nice.
He's not religious so it's not that, I think he's just too shy for me, and to say (what turns most nice guys to jerks) he's too nice.

It doesn't turn nice guys into jerks, jerks are always jerks, a nice guy wouldn't compromise his belief that he should be nice to people just because a girl didn't like him.

I get it, you want a guy who can make decisions for himself and you don't feel like you have him wrapped around your finger because he is too shy and passive. Nothing wrong with that.
Reply 6
It doesn't turn nice guys into jerks, jerks are always jerks, a nice guy wouldn't compromise his belief that he should be nice to people just because a girl didn't like him.

I get it, you want a guy who can make decisions for himself and you don't feel like you have him wrapped around your finger because he is too shy and passive. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly! Thanks for clarifying, thought I was a bad person for a second.
Exactly! Thanks for clarifying, thought I was a bad person for a second.

I have this effect on people :tongue:

Natural instinct for a woman to want a provider I think, as long as you're not nasty to the guy there's no point denying that he simply can't address your needs in a relationship.

Are you Welsh btw? Interesting name, I briefly studied Welsh history at uni.
Reply 8
I have this effect on people :tongue:

Natural instinct for a woman to want a provider I think, as long as you're not nasty to the guy there's no point denying that he simply can't address your needs in a relationship.

Are you Welsh btw? Interesting name, I briefly studied Welsh history at uni.

Haha, that is true! You're right, I've been really nice and patient with him, but I think it's time for me to pipe up!

Yes, in fact I am :tongue: although it's just a nickname people have been calling me since I was little aha.
Reply 9
People show affection in different ways which aren't physical :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by SophiMai
People show affection in different ways which aren't physical :smile:

I completely agree, he does show affection in a different way, but surely it shouldn't take 5 months to go in for the kiss?
So I've been seeing this guy for the past 5 months and we haven't even kissed and yet he thinks we're official?
I really do like him, and I know some will say "if you really do like him, you can wait" but I really don't think this is the situation. I've been on so many dates with him but nothing has happened, it's not as if he doesn't like me, because he has said he does.
Like, I'm tired of waiting around for something to happen, so do I end it with him?

I don't understand, have you ever initiated a kiss? Or ever mentioned this topic to him?

I don't think it's weird for him to think your official when you've not kissed, because everyone has a different perspective on relationships. I'm just confused on why you want to end it...?

Have you tried to kiss him and he doesn't want to or something?
Reply 12
Original post by >Username<
I don't understand, have you ever initiated a kiss? Or ever mentioned this topic to him?

I don't think it's weird for him to think your official when you've not kissed, because everyone has a different perspective on relationships. I'm just confused on why you want to end it...?

Have you tried to kiss him and he doesn't want to or something?

We spoke about it after I attempted to after a few weeks of seeing him and his reply was "I don't want to force anything to happen". And it was after that he kept bringing it up saying "I don't want to force it, I want it to happen naturally". So I'm leaving it up to him. I've been waiting for it to happen "naturally" and yet it seems to be taking longer than I hoped
:dontknow:
Why don't you go for the kiss then?
I completely agree, he does show affection in a different way, but surely it shouldn't take 5 months to go in for the kiss?

I see your point but maybe he lacks confidence, it could be an idea to discuss the matter with him? Maybe he's waiting for you to make the first move? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Why don't you go for the kiss then?

I attempted to after a few weeks of seeing him and his reply was "I don't want to force anything to happen".

:curious::curious:
We spoke about it after I attempted to after a few weeks of seeing him and his reply was "I don't want to force anything to happen". And it was after that he kept bringing it up saying "I don't want to force it, I want it to happen naturally". So I'm leaving it up to him. I've been waiting for it to happen "naturally" and yet it seems to be taking longer than I hoped
:dontknow:

Right, okay... Well, since then have you been in situations where it could happen naturally?

If not, why don't you mention it? Or instead when you're together try and kiss him. If he says it again... Mention it and ask him why, make sure you say you don't want to pressure him into anything but ask if there is a specific reason or anything to it.

Does that sound okay?
Reply 17
Original post by SophiMai
I see your point but maybe he lacks confidence, it could be an idea to discuss the matter with him? Maybe he's waiting for you to make the first move? :s-smilie:

I did attempt within the first few weeks of seeing him, and he said "I don't want to force anything" so I've left it up to him. :/
jeez, you need to kiss him duh. just do it, as things are things arent gonna work out rn as things are, if you kiss him though and he responds well or alternaitvely, it will just confirm you need to end things
Reply 19
Original post by >Username<
Right, okay... Well, since then have you been in situations where it could happen naturally?

If not, why don't you mention it? Or instead when you're together try and kiss him. If he says it again... Mention it and ask him why, make sure you say you don't want to pressure him into anything but ask if there is a specific reason or anything to it.

Does that sound okay?

Yeah, we have been in situations for it to happen naturally, which is the most annoying part. But yeah, I agree, I think the only way is to have at it again and see what happens. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending