The Student Room Group

Am I Only black person that don't speak slang or listen to that Grime or Rap music?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackstar101204
We Don't reject it and yes indeed WE are black but Africans are not. The reason for this is simple. The very term black was a category given to 'Africans' who were descended from slaves since Africans from Africa apart from Liberians) are not descended from slaves, they do not legitimately have the title of black, they are simply just Africans. People call Africans black out of pure ignorance and the fact that they look fairly similar to black people but as I said Africans are not black.

Your words:

Anyone else find Africans (especially Nigerians) extremely black and evil?

Troll game weak.
We Don't reject it and yes indeed WE are black but Africans are not. The reason for this is simple. The very term black was a category given to 'Africans' who were descended from slaves since Africans from Africa apart from Liberians) are not descended from slaves, they do not legitimately have the title of black, they are simply just Africans. People call Africans black out of pure ignorance and the fact that they look fairly similar to black people but as I said Africans are not black.

Black is a skin colour, not a culture.
Original post by Popsiclez
Excuse me for asking a question.

lol there's no need to put down grime music or the way ppl talk just bc you don't do those things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
lol there's no need to put down grime music or the way ppl talk just bc you don't do those things

Posted from TSR Mobile

He wasn't. He was asking other black people if they do those things.

I'm an Oreo, OP. I listen to rock and wear mainly black. Most of my black friends tease me for this...(the music part)
I like rap music but I hate slang.
Original post by xobeauty
Slang sounds so corny and odd when British people say it. British accent is too sophisticated like Victorian days and castles.

lol not neccessarily. There are loads of british accents.
Original post by Mr...
@Popsiclez

This is the dumbest post ever. You don't adhere to stereotypes:congrats:. I think you're aware that these attributes are not universal among black people.

Your short hair is just as normal as their high top or someone else's braids, you're not some pure form of black person so stop seeking validation :rolleyes:

Also, you make it sound like those who listen to grime and use slang (in the appropriate environment) are doing something wrong.

+ Can a black person who is articulate and not a roadman not be referred to as an Oreo or white on the inside or whatever, decent behaviour isn't a "white thing"

This ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm cringing at this
Original post by cherryred90s
Your words:

Troll game weak.

Not trolling and also you nigerians also claim the as i do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojVMkOMdDM
Not trolling and also you nigerians also claim the as i do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojVMkOMdDM

So now you think that one person accounts for all? That's really becoming an issue of yours
Original post by cherryred90s
So now you think that one person accounts for all? That's really becoming an issue of yours

Oh trust me there's many more like that, that's one out of like 30 odd i've seen
Original post by niftyhitman
Special Snowflake alert!

How are you a special snowflake for not liking a popular form of music? :s
you do speak black slang though - you said "don't" instead of "doesn't" in the title
Oh trust me there's many more like that, that's one out of like 30 odd i've seen

30 is a big number, wow.. 30 you say? Isn't that like 80% of all Africans in the world? Astounding, you've uncovered a widespread trend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Ok Guys Im sorry for making this thread, there! I'm sorry for forcing you to click on this thrread read my post like Im a special snowflake! Sorry for being so selfish.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popsiclez
This is me basically lol The otherday someone said I act like a whiteboy

And you liked that comment right? You're self loathing. You have to accept who you are. Just because you don't conform to black stereotypes doesn't mean you're like a white boy. That's an insult. I'm not black but if someone said that to me I'd be angry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Ras' Al Ghul
And you liked that comment right? You're self loathing. You have to accept who you are. Just because you don't conform to black stereotypes doesn't mean you're like a white boy. That's an insult. I'm not black but if someone said that to me I'd be angry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I was just stating what he said the other day.
Original post by Princepieman
30 is a big number, wow.. 30 you say? Isn't that like 80% of all Africans in the world? Astounding, you've uncovered a widespread trend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not Africans as a whole but certainly a lot of Nigerians, the only Nigerians who seemingly don't hold this sense of superiority to West Indians/AA's are the Igbos/ebos (sorry don't know how to spell it), and if you want me to be more specific it seems to be the Yoroba in particular who view the black diaspora as scum
OP, can you dance?

It doesn't make your comments any less ignorant. Opinions of a few people cannot represent an entire culture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending