The Student Room Group

Always worry people don't like me

Hi! I'm not a bad, rude, horrible person or anything. I'm someone who always wants to be able to do the best in everything and I try and do as much as I can for people.

But I just worry I'm not good enough to be someone's friend, or I worry they don't like me.

A few weeks back, coming home from a night out, someone about 40/50 who works at my work got on the bus drunk, and he pointed at me and said "I hate you". I've never done anything bad to him at all. Ever since then, I've been having panic attacks because i wonder why he said that and now I worry if other people don't like me.

Someone I've always thought of as a best mate, has sort of stopped texting me as much too, or stopped going out with me as much in favour of someone else.

I'm just worrying that people don't really like me or I've done something but I don't know how I'm meant to have upset anyone!? I'm a nice good person :frown:
That guy was drunk. Ignore him.

As for your other friend - people change. Are you also making an effort?
Original post by Tiger Rag
That guy was drunk. Ignore him.

As for your other friend - people change. Are you also making an effort?

I always make an effort to try and get him to go out on nights out, he always used to get me out, now it's like I'm getting him out but I just feel as if he'd rather not go with me.
Reply 3
Original post by 2scotty
Hi! I'm not a bad, rude, horrible person or anything. I'm someone who always wants to be able to do the best in everything and I try and do as much as I can for people.

But I just worry I'm not good enough to be someone's friend, or I worry they don't like me.

A few weeks back, coming home from a night out, someone about 40/50 who works at my work got on the bus drunk, and he pointed at me and said "I hate you". I've never done anything bad to him at all. Ever since then, I've been having panic attacks because i wonder why he said that and now I worry if other people don't like me.

Someone I've always thought of as a best mate, has sort of stopped texting me as much too, or stopped going out with me as much in favour of someone else.

I'm just worrying that people don't really like me or I've done something but I don't know how I'm meant to have upset anyone!? I'm a nice good person :frown:

Dat man was drunk, he was under the influence of alcohol, and that of your friend, we're all human being, a change will always happen in life.
And don't try to always give people your 100% do your best, and leave the rest, don't ever try to force yourself on people, u'll always get the worst when you do that. You're just one perfect being, but you'll only know that when you stop forcing yourself on people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idris11
Dat man was drunk, he was under the influence of alcohol, and that of your friend, we're all human being, a change will always happen in life.
And don't try to always give people your 100% do your best, and leave the rest, don't ever try to force yourself on people, u'll always get the worst when you do that. You're just one perfect being, but you'll only know that when you stop forcing yourself on people

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mean to be forceful... Just he has always been a really good mate and my best mate and I don't want that to change.
Reply 5
Original post by 2scotty

Aw, of course you're my a bad person.
You know what drunk people are like *rolls eyes*.

Sometimes people change, things happen in their lives which cause them to distance themselves. To change their behaviour and you often think "have I done something wrong".

I had a friend. I was there for him for three years, thick and thin. Then he started drinking doing drugs, becoming a horrible person. He would ignore me, and mock me when I tried to reach out. I blamed myself. But I realised, sometimes you've got to let people do what they need to people change. I told him I would always be there for him. But I kept my distance. For my sake. You can do the same if it feels to much. Focus on you.

But honestly, as you've said, you're a nice person. I wouldn't change that. If people are not appreciating that, that's their loss. Don't worry about that.

I hope this helps.
Message me if you need anything :smile:.
All the best.
Original post by 2scotty

Im a nice, kind person but everybody ive ever met treats me the same, their always telling me not to spend money on certain things that i buy which are cheap but i dont do drugs, smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol very often but they never tell those people their wasting money. It really annoys me that friends, family and every new person i meet treats me this way but what is worse is the fact that i never argue with anyone but people always end up resenting me and stop texting or if i tell them the truth about how i dont like how they treat me they stop contacting me or send one small text then say bye, see you later. And family, friends sometimes angry with me just because i like to buy them stuff so i dont anymore as they dont appreciate it. I hate people who do that because they clearly think their better than i am. Im scared to make new friends because everyone treats me the same so i wish i could meet genuine, normal people
Original post by 2scotty

But what i realise about most people is that they will always hate me more for being nice to them and their very unforgiving if i make a tiny mistake but they dont hate the people who are nasty to them so i just look at it like this, i know im a good person and im never going to change just because people hate me for being kind to them because i see it as their problem not mine. I believe in karma and all those people act the way they do and are hateful because they are un happy in life. I just try to find new friends who will like me so you should do the same. Whenever ive read about people who are bullied its always the nice, kind people who are bullied and picked on and hated for no good reason so it isnt thier fault. That drunk person is an idiot but of course its hurtful he singled you out but everyone knew he was an idiot and didnt take him seriously.

Quick Reply