The Student Room Group

So I think I finally found a really nice girl

.....shes pretty, has a really great personality, I see her quite often and I think she is at least interested in me cos

1)she laughs at my jokes (maybe politeness tho?)

2)and smiles everytime I see her (again I guess it could be politeness, but its like EVERY TIME tho??)

So basically if it was any girl in my year, Id have chatted more, got to know her really well and ask her out, end of the story, all wells ends wells, thats all folks, bobs your uncle, marys you aunt and trump isnt president...

but no

shes in the year above (yr13) and Im in yr 12

this means with exams in 2 weeks it might not be the right time, and after those exams, theres only like 2 months of school left for yr13s, is it worth building a meaningful friendship let alone attempt a relationship bearing in mind she will finish studying at the school this academic year?

Thing is I dont think we could even meet up over the summer as Im going back to see my relatives in France for the vast majority of the holidays...

Any advice/opinions/similar experiences??:h:

About me: Im quite an old school romantic, so I do believe in long term stuff and really knowing someone deeply, going on dates and films and flowers and things so....is it worth it?

I just dont want to pour so much into it and be heartbroken at the end
Sure poured much into this thread :indiff:

With the timing and stuff doesn't really seem worth it to me especially with the possibility of her leaving for uni/apprenticeship/w.e ... :dontknow:
Original post by Anonymous
.....shes pretty, has a really great personality, I see her quite often and I think she is at least interested in me cos

1)she laughs at my jokes (maybe politeness tho?)

2)and smiles everytime I see her (again I guess it could be politeness, but its like EVERY TIME tho??)

So basically if it was any girl in my year, Id have chatted more, got to know her really well and ask her out, end of the story, all wells ends wells, thats all folks, bobs your uncle, marys you aunt and trump isnt president...

but no

shes in the year above (yr13) and Im in yr 12

this means with exams in 2 weeks it might not be the right time, and after those exams, theres only like 2 months of school left for yr13s, is it worth building a meaningful friendship let alone attempt a relationship bearing in mind she will finish studying at the school this academic year?

Thing is I dont think we could even meet up over the summer as Im going back to see my relatives in France for the vast majority of the holidays...

Any advice/opinions/similar experiences??:h:

About me: Im quite an old school romantic, so I do believe in long term stuff and really knowing someone deeply, going on dates and films and flowers and things so....is it worth it?

I just dont want to pour so much into it and be heartbroken at the end

Year 13's will finish their academic year on the day of their last exam so you only have 2 weeks left to see her at school. Probably the best thing you can do is just keep in touch with her and be good friends with her. I am not sure you can form a meaningful relationship with her especially during this stressful exam period. Also when she starts university she will most likely meet many more new people. Sorry to break your heart but this is just my opinion based on past experiences. At the end of the day its your life, so you have to decide what you want to do. I hope things go well for you buddy. Good luck! :h:
let it go, its mostly out of politeness she's doing this i guarantee it, maybe if u were in yr 13 and she was yr 12 it would be different
Reply 4
Original post by Imperion

With the timing and stuff doesn't really seem worth it to me especially with the possibility of her leaving for uni/apprenticeship/w.e ... :dontknow:

Yeah thats what I thought, ty.....would it hurt to be friends?

Original post by Sulemandems
let it go, its mostly out of politeness she's doing this i guarantee it, maybe if u were in yr 13 and she was yr 12 it would be different
How would that be different btw?

Original post by DeadEnd_96
Year 13's will finish their academic year on the day of their last exam so you only have 2 weeks left to see her at school. Probably the best thing you can do is just keep in touch with her and be good friends with her. I am not sure you can form a meaningful relationship with her especially during this stressful exam period. Also when she starts university she will most likely meet many more new people. Sorry to break your heart but this is just my opinion based on past experiences. At the end of the day its your life, so you have to decide what you want to do. I hope things go well for you buddy. Good luck! :h:

Very well put, I guess it wouldnt hurt to be friends?

Youre the only one here to say I should go for it, how would you feel if you were the girl? Would you think it was right?

Very well put, I guess it wouldnt hurt to be friends?

Youre the only one here to say I should go for it, how would you feel if you were the girl? Would you think it was right?

it would be different in the sense that nowadays in society it can be deemed as weird for a girl to be going out with a guy a year younger, i'm not saying that's the case, but i'm talking from experience. But yeah dude be friends with her because she will go off to university and it's gonna be tough to have a relationship

Only you can decide if it will. It may sting a bit at first but as long as you don't mention it or be weird/awkward it'll be fine.

You're basically friendzoned
Reply 7
Add her on facebook?
Reply 8
Original post by chikane
Add her on facebook?

Did that, she liked my new cover pic too quite quick and I liked hers backed, should I go further you think?
Did that, she liked my new cover pic too quite quick and I liked hers backed, should I go further you think?

o.. m... g...
Get up
Talk to her
Ask her out
See where this leads you to
Never regret because you took the chance
Never ask yourself "what if I wasn't such little pussy?"
Thank you for your attention. Now go and get her tiger

Yes inbox her ask her how's revision, don't mess this up by letting her walk away.
Absolutely yes. You can be friend or go on a date and keep in contact. You will never know otherwise.

Btw Uni will fly by. Maybe dont go for the full on relationship, but spend some time being friends and let her know you enjoy her company, but you realise Uni is on the way. If you stay in touch then you have something you cna build on after.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ICEN_Prophet
o.. m... g...
Get up
Talk to her
Ask her out
See where this leads you to
Never regret because you took the chance
Never ask yourself "what if I wasn't such little pussy?"
Thank you for your attention. Now go and get her tiger

Haha well said I guess even if she leaves in 2 months, I can at least make the most of that period?

Original post by chikane
Yes inbox her ask her how's revision, don't mess this up by letting her walk away.

Thats actually quite a good line, might use that, hmmm she'll walk away in 2 months regardless tho...

Original post by 999tigger
Absolutely yes. You can be friend or go on a date and keep in contact. You will never know otherwise.

Yeah true thanks!
Haha well said I guess even if she leaves in 2 months, I can at least make the most of that period?

Thats actually quite a good line, might use that, hmmm she'll walk away in 2 months regardless tho...

Yeah true thanks!

I never knew year 13's leave in July usually its after their exams i left at the end of May so you might have a few weeks with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending