The Student Room Group

Chemistry ISA at A grade!

Hi guys, I was wandering if I could get an A* overall in my chemistry gcse with an A as my isa grade. I really want an A* overall in chemistry. I asked my teacher if I could redo it but she said that an A grade is really good and there is no point in redoing it. I am worried as I have got an A* in both of my biology and physics ISA. Thanks for your help!
Original post by starstudent7
Hi guys, I was wandering if I could get an A* overall in my chemistry gcse with an A as my isa grade. I really want an A* overall in chemistry. I asked my teacher if I could redo it but she said that an A grade is really good and there is no point in redoing it. I am worried as I have got an A* in both of my biology and physics ISA. Thanks for your help!

Yeah, should still likely be possible.
Yup...it's still possible.

Do you know your (raw) mark? And then convert it to UMS and see how close it is to A*?

You can still get A* but make sure your unit exams are high...aim to get at least 2 A*s out of the 3 exams and that should put u in a better position..
It should be fine, the isa is only 20% the rest count much more.
Thank everyone, I feel much better now!:smile: My raw mark was 42/50.
Thank everyone, I feel much better now!:smile: My raw mark was 42/50.

What did you get in Biology and Physics ?
Original post by nisha.sri
What did you get in Biology and Physics ?

I got 47/50 in Biology and 48/50 in Physics! I was really happy with them.:u: What did you get?:smile:
I got 47/50 in Biology and 48/50 in Physics! I was really happy with them.:u: What did you get?:smile:

Well done !
Physics - 46/50
Biology - 42/50
Chemistry - 49/60

I was really happy with mine too except from Biology, i was scared that i wouldn't be able to get an A* overall but I will try very hard with my exams :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest