The Student Room Group

Racism. Major UK corporation only accepting job applications from white people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
White people are fab, I would pay a white person to pretend to work for me even if they were really stupid and can't even make coffee or tell me the time.
Reply 61
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.

Are you sure they are ONLY accepting applications from ethnic minorities and not just trying to recruit more of them? To be honest I'd like to see more ethnic minorities on BBC.

As well as that black people do understand black issues better than white people, but that's not to say that white people aren't able to understand them too.
(edited 7 years ago)
The irony is that the BBC are a bunch of Big Black Cockrels :frown:
Original post by lonyeka
Are you sure they are ONLY accepting applications from ethnic minorities and not just trying to recruit more of them?

Yes, I'm sure. Unless you're looking at something I'm not?

Original post by lonyeka
To be honest I'd like to see more ethnic minorities on BBC.

Why?

Original post by lonyeka
As well as that black people do understand black issues better than white people, but that's not to say that white people aren't able to understand them too.

Yes, because as we know all 200,000 black people think alike, behave alike and speak alike. Right? Oh, wait, that's racism.
Original post by Kircheis
Interviews are pointless, lets just give every job to those of an ethnic minority so we can apologise for our past actions against them.

Agreed. I think we owe an apology for the fact near every black slave enslaved through the Atlantic slave trade was enslaved by a black African tribal leader and then sold onto a white European coloniser.

Of course, I'd rather hold out for an apology from our Arab oppressors, for their enslavement of over 1 million white people through the Arab slave trade.
Original post by lonyeka

Not really. It means they cannot be impartial, especially as minority communities can ostracize someone for having the wrong opinion. Plus many minorities have succumbed to propaganda from their camp. Hence BLM.
Original post by ohgeez
Shut it you cocooned idiot.

Bit agreesive mate☺️
Reply 67
Original post by ivybridge
Oh, go to bed.

I wonder if you would say the same thing if this was against non-whites or your religion of Islam?
Original post by queen-bee
There was a hashtag on Twitter that was trending after it was found out that sadique khan won the vote called #wakeupwhitepeople

Yea he was elected though it's completely different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Gwilym101
Ignoring the fact that this isn't the main website for BBC jobs (hint: It has its own jobsite), so stop being a cry baby that 9 jobs compared to the 100 on the BBCs own website are advetised explicitly on a website for ethnic minorities.

This, it's 9 jobs out of 1000s ffs, some of the hysterical reactionary stuff on this thread is just absurd, you may not agree with organisations trying to increase representation of minorities, but all this crap calling it institutional racism is extreme to say the least, how can it be institutional racism when those at the top of the organisation and the vast majority of the BBC still are predominantly white themselves? No-one is trying to kill off white people or any of that paranoid stormfront rubbish :facepalm:

Yes, I don't particularly agree with an organisation explicitly advertising a job to people of a certain race, they open themselves to a lot of criticism for doing that, but again, it's 9 jobs, and whether you agree with it or not, increasing the representation of minority groups is not 'white hate', if they were purposefully getting rid of white employees because of their skin colour then maybe you would have more of a case, but this is different and certainly does not legitimise hateful ideologies like white supremacy.
Reply 70
In my honest opinion, I think people should be recruited based upon their merit, irrespective of their ethnic background.
Original post by Olie
This, it's 9 jobs out of 1000s ffs, some of the hysterical reactionary stuff on this thread is just absurd, you may not agree with organisations trying to increase representation of minorities, but all this crap calling it institutional racism is extreme to say the least, how can it be institutional racism when those at the top of the organisation and the vast majority of the BBC still are predominantly white themselves? No-one is trying to kill off white people or any of that paranoid stormfront rubbish :facepalm:

Okay, I appreciate that. I will take this as confirmation that it's perfectly acceptable to advertise jobs as 'white only, no black people' if it's only a small number of jobs.
Reply 72
Why?

It's nice to feel represented.

Yes, because as we know all 200,000 black people think alike, behave alike and speak alike. Right? Oh, wait, that's racism.

I did not say that at all. I said that both white and black people can understand issues to do with black people but obviously black would understand it more having experienced it themselves. However I do agree it's wrong to only take applications from ethnic minorities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lonyeka
I did not say that at all. I said that both white and black people can understand issues to do with black people but obviously black would understand it more having experienced it themselves. However I do agree it's wrong to only take applications from ethnic minorities.

It's the same thing. You are saying one black person has more affinity to another black person because they share skin colour, which naturally extends to one white person has more affinity to another white person because they share the same skin colour.

The natural extension is we aren't actually human beings which share more commonality in our humanity, but packs and tribes which identify primarily by skin colour. It's progressive ideology which makes you think this way, it's not logical and it's everything we fought against in the civil rights movement (the only difference is it's framed around positive connotations, which makes it appear socially acceptable) - very few sweeping categorisations of such large subsets of people are ever valid.

What's worse, is these categorisations almost always come from other white people - as a form of 'social grouping', 'black people' is such a mind-numbingly anti-intellectual statement. It doesn't exist. All you have are individuals.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Multiculturalism
This isnt racism, it is positive discrimination, which is necessary to overcome white privilege

White privilege is an incredibly racist notion. Reminds me of when the post Great War Germans were jealous of the Jews and had to repossess all their property to equalise.

Racism against white people is peaking in the west.
Original post by MrControversial
White privilege is an incredibly racist notion. Reminds me of when the post Great War Germans were jealous of the Jews and had to repossess all their property to equalise.

Racism against white people is peaking in the west.

How is white privilege racist? I mean, the only racist part is the whites who perpetrate and discriminate in this way.
Original post by lolatmaths
How is white privilege racist? I mean, the only racist part is the whites who perpetrate and discriminate in this way.

Oh god the irony

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.

That's unbelievable and unacceptable! :angry:

Spoiler

Original post by paul514
Oh god the irony

A lot of racists don't know that they are racist and if they can't figure it out on their own I wonder if they can really be helped.

I suppose you could transplant white-privilege with non-white jealousy, they hate us because they ain't us.

Instead of studying, trying to climb that ladder and struggling to get ahead in life like everyone else the normal way we should turn it all into race wars about who gets the free leg up in life because some people didn't win the birth lottery and are jelly. They want to be carried, by us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCQA1EJiC0

I could have studied, I could have worked hard but nope, race war, that's the way to get ahead these days.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Oh god the irony

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's horrific, eh? Progressivism is a religion, its adherents are almost allergic to the presentation of logic - in fact, as far as they are concerned, logic is blasphemy.

Quick Reply

Latest