The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wenna
I am an HL Physics student. I need a 6 for my university offer, which I am definitely not going to make, despite having studied very hard. I covered the material in the recommended course companion thoroughly, did the available past papers and yet I was grossly underprepared. This exam is not reflective of my physics knowledge, and may potentially ruin the future of many dedicated students. This needs to go further, it has to get into the news, people need to be made aware, so that the IBO doesn't just get away with it. This is intellectual crime and injustice. I hope some of you agree with me and are willing to commit to stand up for themselves and their fellow students, and get the IB to respond in favour of those who are suffering as a consequence of an unfair system.

https://www.change.org/p/ib-physics-examination-may-2016?recruiter=538187654&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-petition_show-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default
Original post by wenna
Signed it a few days ago :smile:

Good good 😊
Reply 223
Original post by FecktheIB
Good good 😊

What I meant was initiating another way of reaching out to the media and the public, to add to the effectiveness of the petition.
Original post by wenna
I am an HL Physics student. I need a 6 for my university offer, which I am definitely not going to make, despite having studied very hard. I covered the material in the recommended course companion thoroughly, did the available past papers and yet I was grossly underprepared. This exam is not reflective of my physics knowledge, and may potentially ruin the future of many dedicated students. This needs to go further, it has to get into the news, people need to be made aware, so that the IBO doesn't just get away with it. This is intellectual crime and injustice. I hope some of you agree with me and are willing to commit to stand up for themselves and their fellow students, and get the IB to respond in favour of those who are suffering as a consequence of an unfair system.

there's a petition going around change.org you should sign it :biggrin:
Reply 225
Original post by pixiedustfairy
there's a petition going around change.org you should sign it :biggrin:

I have, as I mentioned previously :smile:
good luck to the fellow history students taking their exams tomorrow, may the questions forever be in our favour
good luck to the fellow history students taking their exams tomorrow, may the questions forever be in our favour

Good luck to you too! Fingers thighly crossed
Reply 228
anyone got any tips for SL maths?
I ****ed up history, honestly hahaha worst exam i've ever done
How did physics paper 3 go????
Original post by LALAGURL
How did physics paper 3 go????

Phys paper 3 was actually so nice! I did astro and they were honestly some of the nicest questions I've seen. Unfortunately, I think I'm too far gone with the paper 1 and 2 both being complete disasters :frown:
Original post by pixiedustfairy
Phys paper 3 was actually so nice! I did astro and they were honestly some of the nicest questions I've seen. Unfortunately, I think I'm too far gone with the paper 1 and 2 both being complete disasters :frown:

Yeah same :frown: btw for one of the questions (which was about the element in astro), did you write helium or hydrogen? i think it was question 13
(edited 7 years ago)
I ****ed up history, honestly hahaha worst exam i've ever done

One of the worst papers I've EVER seen if not the worst. I was caught so off guard I had no idea what to do. I still managed but it was a ****ing evil paper
Original post by martaganger
One of the worst papers I've EVER seen if not the worst. I was caught so off guard I had no idea what to do. I still managed but it was a ****ing evil paper

which topics did u do??
Original post by sophieec
which topics did u do??

I did topic 2 (democratic states) and 3 (authoritarian single-party states). However, I ended up answering a question from topic 1 (which I luckily knew) instead of 2. I was really not expecting those questions in option 2. I wish I could say why but 24h to wait ahah
I did topic 2 (democratic states) and 3 (authoritarian single-party states). However, I ended up answering a question from topic 1 (which I luckily knew) instead of 2. I was really not expecting those questions in option 2. I wish I could say why but 24h to wait ahah

ah i did single party states too! thought they gave quite good and answerable questions:smile:)
Original post by LALAGURL
Yeah same :frown: btw for one of the questions (which was about the element in astro), did you write helium or hydrogen? i think it was question 13

D: no i was gonna, but then i put carbon; i thought cuz it wasnt on the main sequence it would make heavier elements?
Original post by sophieec
ah i did single party states too! thought they gave quite good and answerable questions:smile:)

Oh yeah, the single party states questions were amazing! it's the democratic states that let me down. I still managed to write pretty good essays though, so I'm quite happy anyway, I was just disappointed by the questions for topic 2. Even topic 1, which usually bores me, had quite nice questions. Don't know about the others!
Oh yeah, the single party states questions were amazing! it's the democratic states that let me down. I still managed to write pretty good essays though, so I'm quite happy anyway, I was just disappointed by the questions for topic 2. Even topic 1, which usually bores me, had quite nice questions. Don't know about the others!

i did topic 5 (cold war) and that also had good q's! hopefully the markers will be nice:'))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending