The Student Room Group

What can a Nutritionist potentially earn?

Title says it all tbf.
it depends on several issues i know 2 nutritionists
one works with in a local gym and makes about £25,000 a year
the other works for a client of mine and she only works for him and his family and gets £120,000 a year
Original post by jamesthehustler
it depends on several issues i know 2 nutritionists
one works with in a local gym and makes about £25,000 a year
the other works for a client of mine and she only works for him and his family and gets £120,000 a year

120k? How
I've heard £25,000-£35,000 touted. I'm liking the sound of that.

Although my take on it is the holistic health industry is an ever growing market in this day and age.

Surely the potential of the populace getting health conscious, accompanying hard work can result in great earnings?

I'm also assuming working at a high level in the sporting world (football) would be a lucrative job.

Just thought I'd ask the question as it's something I'm passionate about! The more money the merrier, passion and love aside.
Original post by jackbuddyolboy
I've heard £25,000-£35,000 touted. I'm liking the sound of that.

Although my take on it is the holistic health industry is an ever growing market in this day and age.

Surely the potential of the populace getting health conscious, accompanying hard work can result in great earnings?

I'm also assuming working at a high level in the sporting world (football) would be a lucrative job.

Just thought I'd ask the question as it's something I'm passionate about! The more money the merrier, passion and love aside.

Whatever you do, don't get involved in MLM :wink:
Original post by hezzlington
120k? How

this guy i won't use names but he's a film director and makes £10M in a good year
Depends how good at conning people you are. Gillian McKeith is pretty rich. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist.
Disagree.

You can't call yourselfs a Nutritionist of worth based on no experience and/ qualification.

Learning the chemistry on a base level in relationship to how each nutrient responds in the body on genetic and cellular level will ultimately result in a positive outcome for the customer.

Going to a person who hasn't had any training, qualification or experience and expecting to see results is like learning bodybuilding from someone who's never entered the gym.

Ultimately, it's a rewarding job as it empowers the people. People go away with a better physique. People go away with the knowledge in relation to how food interracts with your mental wellbeing, resulting in happier and healthier people.

You are what you eat after all, put unleaded in a diesel car and it isn't going to run properly.
Original post by jackbuddyolboy
Disagree.

You can't call yourselfs a Nutritionist of worth based on no experience and/ qualification.

Unfortunately you can. 'Nutritionist' isn't a protected title. I could start calling myself one tomorrow if I wanted.

You might be thinking of a dietitian. This is a protected title, meaning only people who are accredited with the Health and Care Professions Council (meaning they've done a properly vetted course in dietetics) are able to use it. If you want to work in the NHS or any other reputable organisation, you need a dietetics qualification and the professional registration to go with it. 'Nutritionist' qualifications aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Quick Reply

Latest