The Student Room Group

Pregnant Woman Shot 15 Times by Israeli Forces

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Moon Man
Palestine isn't a country so how can Israel have illegal settlements???

Hey Moonman you seem a lot more mellower than your songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnb2M03WwHQ (Disclaimer: Random **** I found on YouTube)
Become a Sikh..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
No warning shots? Just like that?

Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they shot her
Original post by thefatone
they shot her

Wut? Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dunno i didn't read the article i just assumed the thread title was correlated to the article :smile:
Original post by thefatone
i dunno i didn't read the article i just assumed the thread title was correlated to the article :smile:

I thought she had a nice warm welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 month pregnant women with a knife tried to approach Israeli forces armed with guns? Sounds legit. And then the brother was shot for running...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hot lead is pretty warm.
Very sad story,sickening to say the least
Palestine isn't a country so how can Israel have illegal settlements???

Annexing land that isn't yours, in contravention of international law = illegal.
Reply 31
She had a knife. The police did what they had to do
This is nothing new from Israel. Occupying land illegally and subjecting Palestinians to a daily routine of poverty and sadistic control.

Shooting a pregnant civilian 15 times is just another day in the life for those subject to forced Israeli rule. All this whilst the world watches on and funds Israel with nuclear submarines and vetos any UN Security Council Resolution condemning their war-crimes.

Horrifyingly sad. Anyone with a conscience should be saddened by this news.
Original post by sdotd
She had a knife. The police did what they had to do

Witnesses also refute Israeli claims, saying the two Palestinians began moving away from the lane when the troops asked them to. One witness told local media that Maram was shot 15 times by an Israeli soldier.

Alaa Soboh, a Palestinian bus driver who said he witnessed the incident, told Reuters the pair appeared to be unfamiliar with crossing procedures."As soon as the two crossed, (Israeli forces) started screaming 'Go back, go back,' and then they began shooting. The first one they shot was the girl ... the boy tried to go backward when they fired seven bullets at him," Soboh said.A Palestinian local and witness to the incident, Ahmad Taha, told the Ma’an news agency that Israeli officers approached the two after they had been shot before opening fire on them again “to ensure that they were dead,” adding the officers “could have moved the two away without opening fire.

Shooting a heavily pregnant woman 15 times because she is walking toward you with what you suspect is a knife is not a proportionate response and should be condemned unequivocally.
This is disgusting. I refuse to believe that shooting her 15 times was their only option.
That's not true, at all. Jews have a right to have a country which they can call their own. But as usual the violent cult of Islam can't let them have it

Why should a religion have the right to a land of their own? Because America and Britain said so? Jews pre world war 2 were happy living within other nations in Europe and North America. You can't just carve out a country to give them when people have been living there for centuries as well have having huge cultural and religious significance and expect them to roll over. Israel has gone about illegally increasing its land share over the past 70 years by killing any opposition and innocent civilians, therefore is an illegal terrorist state. But you continue burying you head in the sand and believe the bs
Original post by Jebedee
Apparently she was walking towards them with a knife... if that is the case it is her fault.

And yet, the witnesses stated otherwise.

Even if they *thought* she had a knife:

A Palestinian local and witness to the incident, Ahmad Taha, told the Ma’an news agency that Israeli officers approached the two after they had been shot before opening fire on them again “to ensure that they were dead,” adding the officers “could have moved the two away without opening fire.”
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GdotMdot
Why should a religion have the right to a land of their own? Because America and Britain said so? Jews pre world war 2 were happy living within other nations in Europe and North America. You can't just carve out a country to give them when people have been living there for centuries as well have having huge cultural and religious significance and expect them to roll over. Israel has gone about illegally increasing its land share over the past 70 years by killing any opposition and innocent civilians, therefore is an illegal terrorist state. But you continue burying you head in the sand and believe the bs

I disagree with you about the illegal origins of the State of Israel - I think it was justified and legal.

However, there is no question that all the land they have acquired since 1948 has been illegally annexed - it is illegal under international law to acquire new territory through the use of force, even when that use of force is in self-defence (which is itself debatable to some extent).

Lets not digress into a Israel/Palestine debate here, though, there is already a thread for that.
Original post by Camila Cabello
I disagree with you about the illegal origins of the State of Israel - I think it was justified and legal.

However, there is no question that all the land they have acquired since 1948 has been illegally annexed - it is illegal under international law to acquire new territory through the use of force, even when that use of force is in self-defence (which is itself debatable to some extent).

Lets not digress into a Israel/Palestine debate here, though, there is already a thread for that.

In what way was the origin of Israel justified and legal?
Original post by GdotMdot
In what way was the origin of Israel justified and legal?

As I said, this is a question for a different thread (the 'mega thread' on Israel/Palestine), not this thread. :smile:

Quick Reply