The Student Room Group

Honest Opinions: What do you think about homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

I hate it. It literally ruined my life:frown::frown::frown::frown:

I really cant take it anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its really no big deal i think. If 2 guys/girls/ one of each are being cute then its cute :smile:

The only time it causes problems if if your shoving your relationships down everyone's throat. But that goes for everyone really. cute hugs and kisses and holding hands is always fine :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and openly homosexual. A boy I'm speaking to and me have discussed holding hands in public but I'm personally scared of doing that in fear of being tormented or even being the victim of hate crime.

What are your honest opinions on homosexuality? How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street? What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?

Personally it doesn't affect me and too much pda in general, straight or gay is the only thing I will be bothered by.
Well i like the girls myself lol (ik you are a boy but still) so i guess i'm biased in favour lol but even if i wasn't i honestly have no problem with it. Imho what someone does shouldn't bother anyone else unless it harms someone which being gay dosent at all. The only thing i don't like is when people use their sexuality as like their defining thing, not because they should be ashamed of it or anything just because i find it all a bit over the top. Even though i am 'in the closet' so to speak so am obviously quiet about it even if i wasn't i wouldn't shout and scream about it (not saying holding hands is doing that btw at all just ik some people who whilst a minority are like this)
but honestly don't worry at all, if people don't like it they can **** off, do what makes you happy hun :smile: x
I'm 17 and openly homosexual. A boy I'm speaking to and me have discussed holding hands in public but I'm personally scared of doing that in fear of being tormented or even being the victim of hate crime.

What are your honest opinions on homosexuality? How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street? What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?

I'm gay too and so, naturally, I have no issues with homosexuality (:lol: can you imagine if I did? Awkward reality check coming soon when Henry Cavill walks on TV). However, I have suffered hate crime on a mass scale in public. Nonetheless, I think things are getting better and the majority wouldn't bat an eye-lid if you held your boyfriend's hand or whatever. Just stick two fingers to the haters and just try to remember that most people look because they never see it elsewhere - it's a bit new for them, not because they hate you.

Story: when a group of guys started hurling abuse at me and one of my ex-boyfriends, we just shared a rather long french kiss and they ran away. #BeatHateWithMoreLove

It's a bit gay.

Well done for informing OP of his own sexual orientation - do you want a medal or a trophy with that certificate?
Reply 25
If I saw a gay couple holding hands in the street I'd be happy for them, happy we live in a society where gay people feel comfortable and confident enough to be themselves and not get attacked or abused like they would in many other parts of the world. Seriously I'd recommend just go for it, I can imagine how scary it must be for you and you may indeed get some funny looks as it's still not hugely common to see 2 men holding hands in the street, but don't let the fear of haters stop you from living your life, it's none of their business if you want to hold hands with your partner, be defiant and be yourself :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
Just stick two fingers....

This sentence could of gone anywhere :sexface:
Original post by hezzlington
This sentence could of gone anywhere :sexface:

:colonhash: :wink:

If I ever saw two men walking together holding hands I would probably think 'ew' and feel a bit repulsed but if I saw a heterosexual couple making out I would feel the same way. In my opinion public acts and displays of affection are inappropriate. I wouldn't do anything just feel a bit disgusted.

My area has got a bit of a chav problem so I don't think it would go down too well in my area, at least not without some verbal harassment
So what happens if someone is violent towards me?

but at the same time, you cannot live your life in fear, as that is not living.

I see plenty of gay couples in Glasgow (which is considered a rough city) and i have never seen any violence inflicted upon them.

There will be people in this world who are stuck in their ways, but there are also so many people who are accepting of gay couples.
Holding hands isn't really a PDA though... I mean, I can understand kissing but I don't understand why two people touching hands and walking and talking would make you feel 'repulsed'? Such a strong word too.
I love seeing openly gay couples in public. Makes me realise what a fantastic country I live in.

Gay couples are so cute too. :blushing:
Holding hands isn't really a PDA though... I mean, I can understand kissing but I don't understand why two people touching hands and walking and talking would make you feel 'repulsed'? Such a strong word too.

I'm just saying how I felt when I've seen it before in the past. The OP did ask for honest opinions

AngryRedhead is very religious.
Would a man and a woman holding hands in public make you feel "repulsed"?
That's fine, I respect that, I just don't quite understand and was asking why you have such a strong aversion to nothing... Kissing and things beyond that I can totally understand.

When I see religious people holding hands in public I feel "repulsed". :biggrin:
Original post by Camila Cabello
Would a man and a woman holding hands in public make you feel "repulsed"?

I'd probably think something like 'oh, come on, really?'

That's fine, I respect that, I just don't quite understand and was asking why you have such a strong aversion to nothing... Kissing and things beyond that I can totally understand.

My initial feelings and reactions are not something I have any control over *shrugs*

*sigh*
I guess as an asexual it's not something you understand. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending