The Student Room Group

Am I ready for my theory test? AMA*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by similarBlank
There's a level crossing ahead?

No. Well, yes, but only a certain type of level crossing (so not all will have this sign, most don't).

it's a concealed level crossing. And the signs can be any distance apart that makes sense, but all 3 signs are the same distance apart.
*Ask me anything to do with the theory test and hide the answers as a spoiler or just give me some advice. :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

I've been revising recently. Hopefully it will help you too.

1462712046400.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
No. Well, yes, but only a certain type of level crossing (so not all will have this sign, most don't).

Spoiler

Ah, slight bit of a trick question with the distance bit then. :tongue:
Reply 23
Ah, slight bit of a trick question with the distance bit then. :tongue:

That's why I said bonus points. All the other countdown markers are a set distance.

I am deliberately picking hard questions which you probably won't get in the actual theory test, but they are signs that exist and are in use.

I'll find the next sign in a minute
Reply 24
What is the difference between these two signs?
Original post by Juno
What is the difference between these two signs?

First one is 'Lanes Narrow From Both Sides' and the second one is 'Lanes Merge Ahead'?
Reply 26
First one is 'Lanes Narrow From Both Sides' and the second one is 'Lanes Merge Ahead'?

First is correct, well done! Second isn't.

I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away:tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by cherryred90s
I believe the second is end of dual carriageway. I'm also preparing for my theory even though it's ages away:tongue:

Correct!

This is actually a question I got on my recent theory test :
What is the maximum possible speed limit after you've passed that sign?
Original post by Juno
Correct!

This is actually a question I got on my recent theory test :
What is the maximum possible speed limit after you've passed that sign?

Is it 60mph?
Reply 30
Is it 60mph?

Why are you asking me? You should be saying "I know the maximum speed limit is X, because after the 'dual carriageway ends' sign you'll be on a single carriageway, and therefore the speed limit there will be..."

But yes you are correct.
Original post by Juno
Why are you asking me? You should be saying "I know the maximum speed limit is X, because after the 'dual carriageway ends' sign you'll be on a single carriageway, and therefore the speed limit there will be..."

But yes you are correct.

Sorry, lack of confidence right there :frown:
Reply 32
Sorry, lack of confidence right there :frown:

You can have one chance to redeem yourself.

You are driving along the motorway in thick fog. You decide to turn your fog lights on. What is the maximum distance you must be able to see?
Related to the above question - why should you not have your fog lights on when it's not foggy?
Reply 34
Original post by WoodyMKC
Related to the above question - why should you not have your fog lights on when it's not foggy?

That's cheating. You're just trying to get me to answer my own question.

rule 226 and 234. You must switch fog lights off when visibility improves. You can only switch them on when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you can't see more than 100m
Original post by Juno
You can have one chance to redeem yourself.

You are driving along the motorway in thick fog. You decide to turn your fog lights on. What is the maximum distance you must be able to see?

Visibility must be seriously reduced to 100m or less
Original post by Juno
That's cheating. You're just trying to get me to answer my own question.

Spoiler

I thought this thread was to test the OP, not each other :lol:

Would make your brake lights less clear or would dazzle other drives? I don't know :colondollar:
Reply 38
I thought this thread was to test the OP, not each other :lol:

I wasn't sure if you were asking a question as a test, or wanted clarification on a point you didn't know
Would make your brake lights less clear or would dazzle other drives? I don't know :colondollar:

Yup, both of those are correct answers :biggrin: You may get a question on this that has either one or both of those answers as choices, of course if both are answers then it's a "Mark two answers" question :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending