The Student Room Group

UK British mosques ban women from Facebook, traveling alone or wearing trousers

Mosques across the UK have ordered Muslim women to stop wearing trousers, leaving the house without permission from their husbands, or using Facebook in new controversial rules published by various Muslim organizations and associations.

he documents caused anger among anti-extremism campaigners and moderate Muslims who called the rules “outdated”and “totally wrong” interpretations of Islam, according to a report from The Times.

The Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham banned women from wearing trousers - even in front of their husbands as they show “details of her body”, while Blackburn’s Central Mosque said women should delete their Facebook accounts to protect them against “evil.”

The mosque cited a quote from the Koran about the “sin” of alcohol to justify its stance against the “vicious network” of Facebook.

“Facebook has opened the doors for it reads.sin. Muslim girls and women alike have become prey to this evil,” it reads.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/uk/342116-british-mosques-ban-women-/

Scroll to see replies

The beginning of the end if this turns out to be true
Use Twitter. :yeah:
Walk with your squad. :yeah:
Wear yoga pants. :yeah:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
LOL what idiots....
The Muslims are taking over, a Muslim has just been elected mayor of the capital.
Then close those mosques down. The point about women not wearing tight clothes in front of her husband makes me laugh though. What do those people do when having intercourse with their wives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
"Mosques across the UK"

Never heard of this change before...

Wonder who on Earth is reporting this...

Btw, I am a Muslim and have not even heard of this change let alone making it hahaha so idk wtf whoever wrote that is saying
Reply 7
Original post by Antediluvian
The Muslims are taking over, a Muslim has just been elected mayor of the capital.
I think that most True Muslims™ will call him a Not True Muslim™.
Although, to be fair, he would probably call some of them Not True Muslims™.
And the ones who consider themselves to be the Only True Muslims™ will call them all Not True Muslims™.

Oh well, Allah Knows Best™.
And he said that all Muslims are Muslims unless they publicly profess disbelief, and that Muslims aren't allowed to call other Muslims "not Muslims".
I don't understand why this is being allowed, surely this is a breach of so many British laws about discrimination, oppression, human rights?
Original post by QE2
Think of Muhammad?

Well done for showing yourself to be as idiotic and close-minded as the people who made the stupid comments in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's be honest, these mullahs and imams are just scared of women

They're scared that women will find that power in them to leave them and not mindlessly serve them and follow their orders.
Reply 11
Some of these mosques also get public funding. It's surreal what western Europe has turned into.
Original post by ivybridge
I don't understand why this is being allowed, surely this is a breach of so many British laws about discrimination, oppression, human rights?

As per Sharia courts, these aren't official bodies. They are free to say whatever they want to say, in the same way Imams are free to order wives back to their abusive husbands by invoking ancient, oppressive scripture (or their interpretation of it). Ultimately, we know that the Sharia court is deemed by the Muslim population as the FINAL and ULTIMATE point of arbitration, but it has no official legitimacy, therefore it's accepted as 'multicultural.'

The same applies here - Mosques aren't acting illegally, they're merely making suggestions which they know will be followed. Welcome to oppression creep - it's the history of every nation-state the world over. Rights are never withdrawn, they are eroded.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rEaR vIeW
Then close those mosques down

but that would be fascist/racist/islamophobic/xenophobic/nasty/mean

we live in a tolerant society where there is no room for those who discriminate and try to force their values on others
Original post by Antediluvian

We need to be more worried about men taking over. Men have been elected mayors of many capitals. They are also being allowed to be presidents and monarchs. It's very worrying. Very concerning. I can't stop shuddering because I'm so worried about the rise and rise of men.
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
As per Sharia courts, these aren't official bodies. They are free to say whatever they want to say, in the same way Imams are free to send wives back to their abusive husbands. Ultimately, we know that the Sharia court is the FINAL and ULTIMATE point of arbitration, but it has no official legitimacy, therefore it's accepted as 'multicultural.'

The same applies here - Mosques aren't acting illegal, they're merely making suggestions which they know will be followed. Welcome to oppression creep - it's the history of every nation-state the world over. Rights are never withdrawn, they are eroded.

I don't understand though? We're not run under Sharia Law. We are run under British Law. As such, how the **** are they not accountable?

The fallout from stopping or combating it would be more politically inconvenient then it is to just let it slide. That's how it all works I'm afraid, those with the power would rather follow the path of least resistance because it makes their jobs and lives easier.
They also don't want to alienate a massive number of people against them, because they want/need the votes and support.
Reply 17
Original post by TelAviv
but that would be fascist/racist/islamophobic/xenophobic/nasty/mean

we live in a tolerant society where there is no room for those who discriminate and try to force their values on others

I don't understand though? We're not run under Sharia Law. We are run under British Law. As such, how the **** are they not accountable?

They are, as far as they are concerned, under Sharia Law (a body of legal codes which has thousands of interpretations, but much of it is utterly barbaric). See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Arbitration_Tribunal

40% of the British Muslim population wants to implement Sharia Law as the final point of authority in British society. http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jan/29/thinktanks.religion (these attitudes are far more prevalent amongst younger generations).

It's not that this is happening which concerns me, it's the oppression creep which concerns me - these things never operate in isolation, nor do they ever stop until more and more rights are eroded for the purposes of facilitating someone's inclusion.

In the 60s we had the civil rights movement, which is universally deemed correct. Then in the 80's we had the anti-racism movement which stipulated it's no longer enough to 'not be racist', you had a positive duty to patrol racism. Now, in the 00's, we have 'white privilege', a belief every white person is racist by default. It's oppression creep.
Am I the only one who is suspicious of the fact this is reported by RT,a Russian Govt owned news station that is known for continously spouting negative stuff about the West,while only saying positive stuff about Russia and its friends i.e. Assad ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending