The Student Room Group

Am I Only black person that don't speak slang or listen to that Grime or Rap music?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hezzlington
OP, can you dance?

yes.
Original post by blackstar101204
Not Africans as a whole but certainly a lot of Nigerians, the only Nigerians who seemingly don't hold this sense of superiority to West Indians/AA's are the Igbos/ebos (sorry don't know how to spell it), and if you want me to be more specific it seems to be the Yoroba in particular who view the black diaspora as scum

I'm sorry but your 30 person strong sample size doesn't accurately depict all africans or west-indians. Much of what you're saying is unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Popsiclez
yes.

do you hang around with mostly other black guys?
Original post by Princepieman
I'm sorry but your 30 person strong sample size doesn't accurately depict all africans or west-indians. Much of what you're saying is unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prove it.
Reply 64
do you hang around with mostly other black guys?

Mixed my school is diverse I hang out with some Phillipino (Sorry if I spelt it wrong, Some White, Mix Raced, And some black. But not Primarily the main people I usually talk to one is Asian one is white.
U dizzy fam
Mixed my school is diverse I hang out with some Phillipino (Sorry if I spelt it wrong, Some White, Mix Raced, And some black. But not Primarily the main people I usually talk to one is Asian one is white.

It's hardly surprising then that you don't follow the typical black culture, if you are in a multicultural environment where there are many non blacks then you are most likely to adopt the culture of the many different ethnicities around you, there is nothing wrong with this
Original post by loveleest
lol not neccessarily. There are loads of british accents.

They are all fancy sounding no?
Original post by xobeauty
They are all fancy sounding no?

No.

[video="youtube;dABo_DCIdpM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM[/video]

First 3 mins are a variety of accents.
(edited 7 years ago)
No.

[video="youtube;dABo_DCIdpM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM[/video]

First 3 mins are a variety of accents.

Oh yeah true. They still have a fancy Victorian day feel to them though, just sounds rough.
Oh yeah true. They still have a fancy Victorian day feel to them though, just sounds rough.

(RP) British accent is quite a popular accent worldwide.
(RP) British accent is quite a popular accent worldwide.

Which one do you have ?
Which one do you have ?

#3. my voice is deeper than that guys though.
#3. my voice is deeper than that guys though.

Thats a really really nice accent geez
So, you don't act or dress like the other black boys.

Good on you, here's a cookie 🍪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

Who even says 'dizzy' anymore? Some moist school still XD
Reply 76
Original post by Federerr
Who even says 'dizzy' anymore? Some moist school still XD

My Moist school.
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

In other words you are ashamed to be black

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Daimonos
In other words you are ashamed to be black

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please highlight where you saw me write that.
Reply 79
"that don't speak slang", lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending