The Student Room Group

Is using numbers to rate looks, stupid?

I mostly think so, I mean what are the general differences between a 7/10 and a 9/10?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
I mostly think so, I mean what are the general differences between a 7/10 and a 9/10?

it it's stupid because numbers on a scale are all relative to each and every person and is thus different, however big differences in the number scale should be quite obvious no matter the person
Reply 2

We've had this discussion on TSR about a gazillion times, and the OP will always get accused of being a 1/10.
it is very stupid
I think its supposed to measure relative attractiveness (relative to other people that you would rate).

But yes, I think its arbitrary and very subjective, so it loses meaning. Any one person can vary by up to 6 or 7 points on the scale depending on who you ask.

And I've noticed that when people on TSR are asked to rate someone, they are quite harsh. Probably because they can be, but they're not fooling me.
C'est trés stupide
OP is 1/10.

@Davalla
It's less stupid than using crumpets or something.
Reply 8
We're all attractive to somebody

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by RezzBerry
OP is 1/10.

@Davalla

Well you're a guy, so you're supposed to find me a 1/10
no
Reply 11
No. No one seems to have a problem with calling someone beautiful, but is that 7 beautiful or 10 beautiful? Numbers are just more accurate.

Spoiler

There are very attractive guys who are 10/10s. Doesn't mean I('m gay or) want to suck their penis', lol.

Btw, is the use of brackets, above, correct?
Original post by RezzBerry

There are very attractive guys who are 10/10s. Doesn't mean I('m gay or) want to suck their penis', lol.

Btw, is the use of brackets, above, correct?

I never said you was gay, but the fact that you find other men to be attractive is interesting.
And yes
(edited 7 years ago)
ily too :blush: :love:

Spoiler

You assumed since you're a guy I cannot find you attractive. I meant objectively attractive, btw.

I'm a genius.
I messaged someone on a dating app the other day and I got told to "go away" because I "look grotesque".

Bit harsh. :frown:
I miss that healthy yellow glow he used to radiate :cry2:

No because mathematics is the language of the universe.
We use it to understand the universe and find things out.

Quick Reply

Latest