The Student Room Group

Am I Only black person that don't speak slang or listen to that Grime or Rap music?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Popsiclez
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

What about Obama or Morgan Freeman? I could not imagine them listening to grime.
Reply 81
Original post by Lostrider
What about Obama or Morgan Freeman? I could not imagine them listening to grime.

You never know.
Reply 82
Apart from a few other black people I know in my school I've noticed this trend of that slang people use "init doe man is vexxed?" and "Nah u must be dizzy fam" Yet I just speak normal English. And they seem to listen to that grime music that you can hear blazing out their earphones on the 3:20 bus, which I just hate and don't listen to I don't hear any rhythm or sensical lyrics or nice flowing backing music. The best I listen to is Old rock bands like Queen.

I also don't dress much as most of the black people in my school they have that boxed haircut where its just hair on the top of their head and cut off around the sides with fancy designs. But I just have short normal black hair that I don't really alter. I really act nothing like my race stereotypes lol.

Lol I can see your stress, but just because you dont fit into the 'black' stereotypes, doesnt mean you should Isolate yourself from the black community, remember that at the end of the day you're one of us no matter what music you listen to.
Reply 83
Original post by Asma-A
Lol I can see your stress, but just because you dont fit into the 'black' stereotypes, doesnt mean you should Isolate yourself from the black community, remember that at the end of the day you're one of us no matter what music you listen to.

i don't I talk to black people in my year!
Reply 84
i don't I talk to black people in my year!

ok then you're fine! But dont hate on other black people for listening to grime, let them do them, and you do you.
Reply 85
Original post by Asma-A
ok then you're fine! But dont hate on other black people for listening to grime, let them do them, and you do you.

Ok thanks I don't just don't kike grime
Reply 86

I know exactly what you mean. It's slightly different as I am a girl but I also get accused of listening to 'white music' or 'acting white' on a daily basis. It used to bother me but I've come to not care what people say now because I am proud to be black and my music taste does not reflect my ethnicity. There are also way more important things for people to be concerned about than what music you choose to listen to. So don't listen to any of the negative comments. :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by midnight-memxry
I know exactly what you mean. It's slightly different as I am a girl but I also get accused of listening to 'white music' or 'acting white' on a daily basis. It used to bother me but I've come to not care what people say now because I am proud to be black and my music taste does not reflect my ethnicity. There are also way more important things for people to be concerned about than what music you choose to listen to. So don't listen to any of the negative comments. :smile:

Oh my God Thank you this was so nice to hear :biggrin:
person that don't speak slang

Are you sure about that?
Reply 89
Oh my God Thank you this was so nice to hear :biggrin:

No problem, I just know exactly how it feels and I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has had to face something like this :smile:
Original post by blackstar101204
I'd actually argue that Africans are far closer to white people than actual black people. They have a fundamentally different attitude. For the average black person the very thought of leaving the house without having a shower is inconceivable, yet Africans seemingly do this all the time, Black people tend to be meticulous about combing their hair yet from what I have seen many African people seemingly leave the house without combing their hair also I rarely ever see black people sharing drinks other people (this is because we know all too well the hygiene risk of such activities), Africans however do not seem to follow suit, the amount of times i've seen Africans sharing drinks with other people is to numerous to count. The general conclusion amongst the West Indian community is that Africans are not black but are in fact white people in disguise.

So much stupidity in one post....
Reply 91
Original post by midnight-memxry
No problem, I just know exactly how it feels and I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has had to face something like this :smile:

Same.
Not Africans as a whole but certainly a lot of Nigerians, the only Nigerians who seemingly don't hold this sense of superiority to West Indians/AA's are the Igbos/ebos (sorry don't know how to spell it), and if you want me to be more specific it seems to be the Yoroba in particular who view the black diaspora as scum

Errrrr I wonder where you;'ve been getting these ideas from. Sounds like something Azealia Banks would say :/
OMYGOD thats just AMAZING!

CAN I ASK YOU ANYTHING?!
Original post by Drummerz
Errrrr I wonder where you;'ve been getting these ideas from. Sounds like something Azealia Banks would say :/

you do realise that i'm trolling right, just thought i'd have a bit of fun with some nigerians, why? Because yesterday at my ACS it was nigerians vs West indians football and the nigerians beat us so i thought id come on tsr and vent.

Nope, me too:smile:
Reply 96
Original post by Blackstarr
Nope, me too:smile:

Thanks.
you do realise that i'm trolling right, just thought i'd have a bit of fun with some nigerians, why? Because yesterday at my ACS it was nigerians vs West indians football and the nigerians beat us so i thought id come on tsr and vent.

phew, all good then lmao. Not our fault we're awesome u kno
Thanks.

I thought i was the only too but, no, we are not the only ones and although you are male, i can still relate.

:smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Blackstarr
I thought i was the only too but, no, we are not the only ones and although you are male, i can still relate.

:smile:

Woot I thought when I saw my notifications and came to this thread it would be another comment saying to stfu.

Quick Reply