The Student Room Group

Doctors/medical students, have you ever had a non english speaking patient?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antonyzac
Ah you're talking about a BSc, which is what I'm currently doing at UCL! You can't do a language in the BSc year. At UCL at least, a student-selected component is a short module you do every week for about 3-4 hours. A language SSC is an option; you don't get a qualification for it, and you just need to pass in order to progress to the next year at medical school (the grade doesn't count), but it definitely provides a spring-board for further learning! There are so many courses you can do at UCL outside of the official medical school. I know a friend that attended voluntary Punjabi classes after lectures on Mondays, for example :smile:

Wow okay! You study at UCL! It's actually seems like an ideal university for me (the way they teach, what they look for students, the location etc) so I'll try my best to get in haha, if I don't, oh well xD I will be going to a UCL summer school, will you be helping out?
Original post by geniequeen48
Wow okay! You study at UCL! It's actually seems like an ideal university for me (the way they teach, what they look for students, the location etc) so I'll try my best to get in haha, if I don't, oh well xD I will be going to a UCL summer school, will you be helping out?

Ah good luck! What summer school? I'm not helping out at any this year... :frown:
Original post by antonyzac
Ah good luck! What summer school? I'm not helping out at any this year... :frown:

Its called Target Medicine, for year 11s. Oh okay and thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending