The Student Room Group

it's not fair!! i'm gonna fail in GCSEs!!

heeey!

i'm not English person i was live in Jordan until l was 12, then i come to England when i was in year 7 but after year 8 i was go to live in Dubai then i was come back to UK this year, in the first i was think year 11 will be so easy and i was 100% sure i'll pass, actually i'm in high band (level) in my school, all the teachers support me to pass but it's so hard to pass because i only have 6 GCSEs because i missed everything in year 9 and 10 so i have math,English, additional science, business,economic and arabic. from the beginning of the year untill now i'm in depression i can't focus on anything, my heart was broke to little pieces. My dream was to finish school with high result but now it's impossible.

i'm not good in english that much and because i'm missed everythings like course work so my school make me do english course work this year and it was so hard to focus on ,because it was my first time to do course work.However, i was study in three diferent countries with three different approach so that was hard to me for example my english teacher told me i have got 'G' in my englsih course work and they can't help me any more to push me to high level ! so if i want to pass in english i should have A in the exam!!! i can try to have C in the exam but not A!! and now i don't know what i can do no one is care about anything it's my heart and my fault like all of the student in my school happy they will left school with high result no one of them was do some revision in weekend i'm the only girl was do some revision everyday from September until now and nothing can give my a good luck!
i really don't know what to do i miss my friends my old school and my old life because my life now like a hell ! i have some problems with my dad :') and this make me stay in depression all the time .

i just want to know what will happen if i fail in gcse? does i'll have a chance to go to collage? or not?
You can go to college and do a levels whilst re-taking your maths and english gcse at the same college
Reply 2
Original post by haboshti_1
heeey!

i'm not English person i was live in Jordan until l was 12, then i come to England when i was in year 7 but after year 8 i was go to live in Dubai then i was come back to UK this year, in the first i was think year 11 will be so easy and i was 100% sure i'll pass, actually i'm in high band (level) in my school, all the teachers support me to pass but it's so hard to pass because i only have 6 GCSEs because i missed everything in year 9 and 10 so i have math,English, additional science, business,economic and arabic. from the beginning of the year untill now i'm in depression i can't focus on anything, my heart was broke to little pieces. My dream was to finish school with high result but now it's impossible.

i'm not good in english that much and because i'm missed everythings like course work so my school make me do english course work this year and it was so hard to focus on ,because it was my first time to do course work.However, i was study in three diferent countries with three different approach so that was hard to me for example my english teacher told me i have got 'G' in my englsih course work and they can't help me any more to push me to high level ! so if i want to pass in english i should have A in the exam!!! i can try to have C in the exam but not A!! and now i don't know what i can do no one is care about anything it's my heart and my fault like all of the student in my school happy they will left school with high result no one of them was do some revision in weekend i'm the only girl was do some revision everyday from September until now and nothing can give my a good luck!
i really don't know what to do i miss my friends my old school and my old life because my life now like a hell ! i have some problems with my dad :':wink: and this make me stay in depression all the time .

i just want to know what will happen if i fail in gcse? does i'll have a chance to go to collage? or not?

Colleges will accept you, you just need to redo your GCSE. Don't worry, even English speaking students fail their GCSE.
Reply 3
Original post by NatalieUK
You can go to college and do a levels whilst re-taking your maths and english gcse at the same college

It depends on the OP's results of course. But I suspect that with their level of English they may find it difficult to follow A Levels. There's no point trying to run before you can walk.

OP, have you considered resitting your GCSE years (Year 10 and Year 11) so that you have the chance to learn the course content in more detail, while improving your English and mathematics skills? By the end of that two years I can guarantee you will feel more confident about pursuing A Levels.

I say all of this not to be harsh, but I speak as an experienced teacher of students who do not have English as their first language.
Reply 4
Original post by Angelil
It depends on the OP's results of course. But I suspect that with their level of English they may find it difficult to follow A Levels. There's no point trying to run before you can walk.

OP, have you considered resitting your GCSE years (Year 10 and Year 11) so that you have the chance to learn the course content in more detail, while improving your English and mathematics skills? By the end of that two years I can guarantee you will feel more confident about pursuing A Levels.

I say all of this not to be harsh, but I speak as an experienced teacher of students who do not have English as their first language.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Mona-S
Colleges will accept you, you just need to redo your GCSE. Don't worry, even English speaking students fail their GCSE.

the collage i want to go next year they don't except less than B grade ;'( but in the interview they say to me they can except me if i have got b in math and c in english, in the first i was push my self to have c in english until my english teacher told me i have got g in my course work then i feel frustrated how i can have 'A' in english exam to have got c in English result !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending