The Student Room Group

How should I revise??

I'm currently revising biology using the CGP revision guide but I find it too overwhelming to use. Anyone know how I should make my notes using it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Alisha*
I'm currently revising biology using the CGP revision guide but I find it too overwhelming to use. Anyone know how I should make my notes using it?

what level are you doing? as, a2 or GCSE?
Original post by 4ngelpearlaa

GCSE Triple science
Reply 3

Which exam board are you with?
Original post by luciie
Which exam board are you with?

OCR Gateway
CGP is good, I just summarised notes into mind maps! If you're on AQA then I cannot recommend mygcsescience.com enough, B1 is free and although you have to pay for B2 and B3, it's beyond worth it!

Original post by 4ngelpearlaa

This is in the GCSE forum.
Reply 6
OCR Gateway

Have you tried making notes from videos instead? These might be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ2eovkGrGXwXQJMfHGGijg/playlists
GCSE Triple science

summarise each page in 5 bullet points

do this for every page

when you finish go back to more complex pages and do a colourful a4 page on them... diagrams/colours etc

get the exam papers out and do them open book; this means with your notes out

keep coming back to your notes/ the revision guide and you will build confidence every day :smile:

the revision guid is there to help you, dont be afraid of it :wink:
Original post by luciie
Have you tried making notes from videos instead? These might be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ2eovkGrGXwXQJMfHGGijg/playlists

No, thank you for the link I will use it:smile:
Original post by number23
summarise each page in 5 bullet points

do this for every page

when you finish go back to more complex pages and do a colourful a4 page on them... diagrams/colours etc

get the exam papers out and do them open book; this means with your notes out

keep coming back to your notes/ the revision guide and you will build confidence every day :smile:

the revision guid is there to help you, dont be afraid of it :wink:

Thank you so much the tips now I revise that way using my books.:smile:
Original post by Sparadrap2106
CGP is good, I just summarised notes into mind maps! If you're on AQA then I cannot recommend mygcsescience.com enough, B1 is free and although you have to pay for B2 and B3, it's beyond worth it!

This is in the GCSE forum.

lol my bad :/
Use the syllabus. Type in biology syllabus gcse AQA. The revision guides are very helpful, but sometimes include too much info, whereas the syllabus is exactly what you need to know. AQA can't ask you a question if it isn't on there. :smile:
Reply 12
hey is there any useful videos like this but the exam board is edexcel?
Thank you so much the tips now I revise that way using my books.:smile:

no problem. I am at uni now, but when I did GCSE I found the CGP gudies were pretty comprehensive. I aimed to know them inside out before the exam and found this was enough

If one page is particularly hard you may need to do some kind of wider research - maybe from a main textbook. BBC bitesize was quite helpful for me also

Good luck!

summaries each page learn only key facts
Original post by uzma.29
hey is there any useful videos like this but the exam board is edexcel?

Hi, when i did GCSE I would search in youtube the topic I was revising, say for example 'shakespeare othello summary'

For maths in particular Khanacademy and PatrickJMT were good

Also, I just typed into youtube 'GCSE maths' and there are full worked exam paper for Edexcel as the top result - this would be perfect

BBC bitesize is also good
Hi, when i did GCSE I would search in youtube the topic I was revising, say for example 'shakespeare othello summary'

Also, I just typed into youtube 'GCSE maths' and there are full worked exam paper for Edexcel as the top result - this would be perfect

Thank you, but isn't khan academy the USA syllabus?

Any ideas how I should approach graph questions on science papers? Have you heard of percentage quartile?
Thank you, but isn't khan academy the USA syllabus?

the topics he covers is universal. Make sure you know what topics you need to know from your syllabus, and then search for that topic in khan academy's videos

From my experience this worked well, along with doing textbook exercises, exam practice, looking at mark schemes (I got an A* at GCSE and A-level)
Any ideas how I should approach graph questions on science papers? Have you heard of percentage quartile?

I would recommend getting the exact CGP guide for your specification, and it should break down the steps for you

Quick Reply

Latest