The Student Room Group

Honest Opinions: What do you think about homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Live And Let ****ing Live.
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly?Guys - ughGirls - oohIt's just how it is. But I wouldn't ignore you or anything. I just don't particularly like the idea of guys having sex.

Original post by Anonymous
I don't think my city would be very gay friendly. I mean, it makes me laugh really because everyone is all for being equal and try to make themselves look good on social media by saying they don't care about gays, but I bet they would act differently if they saw them in public holding hands. For example, I go to college with a few people who are fine with me being gay, and the vast majority of them would find it cute for me to hold hands with a boy in public, but there will be some who don't like the physical expression, yet they're fine with the orientation in itself. That's what I can't get my head around :s-smilie:

The best I can come up with, is that it's the same as your parents, you wouldn't want to think about that either.

Now as I said above I wouldn't not be friends with you just because you are gay. It's not that at all. It is literally just not wanting to see it.
Original post by brainhuman
Honestly?Guys - ughGirls - oohIt's just how it is. But I wouldn't ignore you or anything. I just don't particularly like the idea of guys having sex.

The best I can come up with, is that it's the same as your parents, you wouldn't want to think about that either.

Now as I said above I wouldn't not be friends with you just because you are gay. It's not that at all. It is literally just not wanting to see it.

Then you may as well not be friends with them because you're disgusted by the fact they love the same sex. Can you imagine how that makes a gay couple feel if they see your reaction? Honestly, we spend enough time thinking the world hate's us without 'friends' doing the same thing and then trying to justify it with a load of tosh. You're talking like you're seeing two men ****ing. How you get that from a hand hold and a kiss is beyond me.
Original post by ivybridge
Then you may as well not be friends with them because you're disgusted by the fact they love the same sex. Can you imagine how that makes a gay couple feel if they see your reaction? Honestly, we spend enough time thinking the world hate's us without 'friends' doing the same thing and then trying to justify it with a load of tosh. You're talking like you're seeing two men ****ing. How you get that from a hand hold and a kiss is beyond me.

Shall I also not be friends with my parents, because I am disgusted by the idea of them ****ing?

Think before you open your mouth. Or in this case use your fingers.
I think it is wrong and is offensive to God. I think that gay people should repent from their sins and receive salvation from Jesus Christ. However, I love all people, including gays, because we are all sinners and are in need of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, who died on the Cross for our sins. Whatever gays choose to do, it is their choice and I cannot do anything about that- God gave us free will. I just think that it is not the right way to live- it is completely fine if you disagree with that- we all have different beliefs and opinions and that is great. I would never advocate violence against gays and would treat them with the same respect I give to every human.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by brainhuman
Shall I also not be friends with my parents, because I am disgusted by the idea of them ****ing?

Think before you open your mouth. Or in this case use your fingers.

As I said, this is not about two people ****ing. You're thinking about things that go beyond what is being demonstrated.

Think before you reply to things and reply according to what has been said, not accordinf to your own version.
Original post by Trapz99
I think it is wrong and is offensive to God. I think that gay people should repent from their sins and receive salvation from Jesus Christ. However, I love all people, including gays, because we are all sinners and are in need of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, who died on the Cross for our sins. Whatever gays choose to do, it is their choice and I cannot do anything about that- God gave us free will. I just think that it is not the right way to live- it is completely fine if you disagree with that- we all have different beliefs and opinions and that is great.

If you think it is not the right way, then you are arguing you are somehow superior. However, you then say we are all sinners. Slight contradiction but then again, this is religion.

Oh and don't say you love all people and then condemn them. It's hilarious; your interpretation of love is obviously ****ed.
If you think it is not the right way, then you are arguing you are somehow superior. However, you then say we are all sinners. Slight contradiction but then again, this is religion.

Oh and don't say you love all people and then condemn them. It's hilarious; your interpretation of love is obviously ****ed.

I can love the sinner but I will hate the sin. I will love a liar but i will hate the sin of lying. Similarly, I will love the homosexual or any sinner while condemning the sin itself. I do not consider myself superior to anyone since we have all sinned and God considers all sinners- me and you- to be condemned to Hell unless we repent of our sins through faith in Jesus Christ.

We differ in opinion; you have the right to believe what you believe but I will disagree and that's fine.
What are your honest opinions on homosexuality?

Nothing special.

How would you react if you saw a gay couple in the street?

No reaction unless they are like super hot.

What's it like around your area where you live in terms of hate crime and gay people?

People kiss and hug in public all the time.
Original post by Trapz99
I can love the sinner but I will hate the sin. I will love a liar but i will hate the sin of lying. Similarly, I will love the homosexual or any sinner while condemning the sin itself. I do not consider myself superior to anyone since we have all sinned and God considers all sinners- me and you- to be condemned to Hell unless we repent of our sins through faith in Jesus Christ.

We differ in opinion; you have the right to believe what you believe but I will disagree and that's fine.

Life is not worth living if you're condemned to eternal life in fire. It's actually upsetting how wrapped up you are in superstition and faith that you allow it to completely run your life. It's distressing, truly it is.

Yep, just God help any children you have.
It sounds as if you place so much value on what others think of you. Stop seeking other people's validation and be you. The UK is very gay friendly anyway so if two men are seen holding hands, even homophobic people won't care enough to intervene. Chill out a bit in conclusion.
Life is not worth living if you're condemned to eternal life in fire. It's actually upsetting how wrapped up you are in superstition and faith that you allow it to completely run your life. It's distressing, truly it is.

Yep, just God help any children you have.

I don't believe that my faith in Jesus Christ is superstition. I am liberated through my faith, not confined by it. My faith makes life clearer for me, it allows me to know that God loves me and that I can speak to God and receive help from Him. You can continue to live your life in your own way, but I have chosen to put my faith in Jesus Christ.
Original post by Trapz99
I don't believe that my faith in Jesus Christ is superstition. I am liberated through my faith, not confined by it. My faith makes life clearer for me, it allows me to know that God loves me and that I can speak to God and receive help from Him. You can continue to live your life in your own way, but I have chosen to put my faith in Jesus Christ.

Which is fine but it is superstition. You haven't the faintest clue if God exists, you simply hope He does.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I'm in Hull so fat chance of me being accepting being gay in public round my area!

silly, silly

please stop caring about what others think of you. the moment you do that, the moment your life starts. Seriously, man.
Original post by kirigiri
fair guess! i live in brighton.

brighton, huh. fair's.
I oppose homosexuality. I would keep that to myself though- I wouldn't tell them or attack them for it. I just do not agree with homosexuality. We all have different opinions but we should accept each other for who we are- human beings.
Original post by Ladbants
I oppose homosexuality. I would keep that to myself though- I wouldn't tell them or attack them for it. I just do not agree with homosexuality. We all have different opinions but we should accept each other for who we are- human beings.

Completely contradicts the first premise lmfao.
Which is fine but it is superstition. You haven't the faintest clue if God exists, you simply hope He does.

Yes. I wouldn't force anyone to believe me or my views- we all believe in different things. Gays can live their lives as normal and I will live mine as I please.
Completely contradicts the first premise lmfao.

I oppose homosexuality. But I will treat them as equals and will respect them. I don't understand what is wrong with that. Do I have to believe exactly what you believe?
I can understand homosexuality. It isnt by choice and you are born with it. Do I agree with it or necessarily accept it? No. Should the LGBT community force us to accept them? no. Its our own decision and as long as we dont discriminate then i dont see an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending