The Student Room Group

Honest Opinions: What do you think about homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

I think one question you would ask to yourself is ''would you want your child to be born gay?''. Sad truth is most would say no because of the social construct we live in today.
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
yes well done i know that wtf

I didn't mean to quote you - apologies.
I think one question you would ask to yourself is ''would you want your child to be born gay?''. Sad truth is most would say no because of the social construct we live in today.

Don't rule out the Darwinian angle-- gay offspring are less likely to spread one's DNA in future generations.

I wouldn't want my child to be born anything. I'd love them for who they turn out to be and this is the issue with people today - they design their child and then cry when they don't meet those expectations.
CLICHE ALERT

Do what makes you happy, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks even your parents or friends. You control yourself even if we are all predetermined organisms you can still have control over your beliefs and what makes you happy.

Always smile inside and out. :biggrin::smile:
Original post by hezzlington
why would they be like that? It seems like they're intentionally imitating what they think a female acts like. Over time it just becomes natural?

[video="youtube;4ERagaan5Fk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ERagaan5Fk[/video] The stereotype is there and it's very real.

The gays I've met in person aren't like this at all. Totally 'normal' lads. Would never be able to tell they're gay unless you asked, because they don't feel the need to 'act gay'. They are just themselves, getting on with their lives.

Oh come on, Louie Spence is a bit of an extreme example.

'God damn effeminate gays, purposely subscribing to the stereotype and ****...' Where does this put the gays who are just effeminate by nature?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
I wouldn't want my child to be born anything. I'd love them for who they turn out to be and this is the issue with people today - they design their child and then cry when they don't meet those expectations.

This isnt about designer children but the fact that in the world we live in there is quite obvious discrimination against gays. The LGBT community and the rest of us can do more about this and help the gays who live in places like Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Original post by Anonymous
If someone is born black, does that mean that you can disagree and believe that being black is wrong? That does not make sense.

Being born black is something that cannot be challenged, but it has not yet been 100% confirmed that gays are born gay.
I do not like public displays of kissing. Its gross and a crime against lonely people. Please "Get a Room" if you going to do all this kissing carry on (Whatever sex type)
in my ends as soon as the local bois see two guys walking on the road holding hands they get punched up.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Oh come on, Louis Spence is a bit of an extreme example.

'God damn effeminate gays, purposely subscribing to the stereotype and ****...' Where does this put the gays who are just effeminate by nature?

Dunno. If you are genuinely effeminate then so be it. As long as you're being yourself. I equally dislike effeminate mannerisms coming from straight guys. I used to work with a guy who was self-proclaimed straight, but ridiculously camp. He'd wear pop socks or tights to work. Would strut around calling himself fabulous and sassy. Worked in womens department and was amazing at giving women advice, knew lots about womens fashion. He was very well dressed and well groomed. Plucked his eyebrows. Whitened his teeth. Got his body waxed. Spoke with a lisp. Sometimes wear make up. Would stand with one hand on his hip. Had a friendship group of mostly females. They were so comfortable with him they'd get changed in front of him and went on holiday with him and stuff. But then he'd go on about all the girls he bangs...
Reply 151
I really don't care.
Original post by hezzlington
Dunno. If you are genuinely effeminate then so be it. As long as you're being yourself. I equally dislike effeminate mannerisms coming from straight guys. I used to work with a guy who was self-proclaimed straight, but ridiculously camp. He'd wear pop socks or tights to work. Would strut around calling himself fabulous and sassy. Worked in womens department and was amazing at giving women advice, knew lots about womens fashion. He was very well dressed and well groomed. Plucked his eyebrows. Whitened his teeth. Got his body waxed. Spoke with a lisp. Sometimes wear make up. Would stand with one hand on his hip. Had a friendship group of mostly females. They were so comfortable with him they'd get changed in front of him and went on holiday with him and stuff. But then he'd go on about all the girls he bangs...

Sounds like you dislike effeminate guys because you were jealous of how much poon your friend was scoring. :wink:
I am going to disect this into two different parts, my opinion and what I don't like about homosexuality.

I will start with my opinion, I think you should do what makes you happy- I do not shout from the rooftops that homosexuality is great, brilliant or influential- but sometimes you need to go for personal preference and the Freedom of the UK allows you to do that. Yes there are some judgmental people, and i will admit I don't like gays making out in Public it just looks wrong to me. So to Clarify my position use your own judgement and freedom to make the decision- but keep any affection behind closed doors.

The second part of it is the media coverage of homosexuality - I believe it has gone over and above real representation this is particullary shown in Coronation Street and Eastenders where there are multiple gay characters over representing homosexuals on TV. I do not know if it is the TV stations taking the piss out of gays but I think it is wrong to promote being gay as being the best thing since sliced bread, there are more gay characters in our dramas then ever. I have recently read 5% of Britians population ( done on sample )are homosexuals If you count the total of Gays on East-enders which is very over representitive unless you live in Brighton or Blackpool you will not get over 5 gays on one stretch of road.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Sounds like you dislike effeminate guys because you were jealous of how much poon your friend was scoring. :wink:

He said his dream job would be to be Victoria Beckhams assistant.

:excited:
Original post by Anonymous

The second part of it is the media coverage of homosexuality - I believe it has gone over and above real representation this is particullary shown in Coronation Street and Eastenders where there are multiple gay characters over representing homosexuals on TV. I do not know if it is the TV stations taking the piss out of gays but I think it is wrong to promote being gay as being the best thing since sliced bread, there are more gay characters in our dramas then ever. I have recently read 5% of Britians population ( done on sample )are homosexuals If you count the total of Gays on East-enders which is very over representitive unless you live in Brighton or Blackpool you will not get over 5 gays on one stretch of road.

This made me laugh so much.
Do whoever you want. I don't care as long as they're not children or dead
It's a bit gay, butt fu*k it!!! Only joking you shouldn't care about what other people think, especially if it makes you happy. It's a real pain in the ass really... Ok sorry I'll stop with the puns.. :frown:
I literally couldn't care less what sexuality someone is, as long as they're not harming someone else. I'd much rather see you and your partner hold hands and not bother anyone, than a couple holding hands, whilst mocking or being nasty about someone walking past.
Reply 159
In the modern world I don't think anyone really cares. Although older people (60- onwards) do tend to have strong views about it.

Quick Reply

Latest