The Student Room Group

Stop liking someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barbiegirl99
So, this is very cliché.
I like a guy he doesn't know me, so how do I stop liking him.
We're in the same classes, and its pretty difficult to concentrate
This is probably the shittest thing you've ever read but I need help

Cut all ties with them and focus on other things
So, this is very cliché.
I like a guy he doesn't know me, so how do I stop liking him.
We're in the same classes, and its pretty difficult to concentrate
This is probably the shittest thing you've ever read but I need help

Find someone hotter like me :wink: We're not that rare a breed of males but we're cool.
On a serious note, find another guy to stare at, maybe you'll forget about him :smile:
Original post by .JC.
Maybe he doesn't know who you are? Resend the request and go from there. If he doesn't accept then forget about him.

Well, it wont do any harm, I'll give it another shot. I think he hasn't been on there in a while, like since last year
Original post by thefatone
Cut all ties with them and focus on other things

I've been focusing on my studies, but then in every class I feel that I act stupid in front of him. It's not a pretty sight
on first thought, he seemed like the kind of guy whos sweet and kind, it's kind of weird because I keep trying to not look at him or lag behind him when we come out of class. Sometimes he's not in class, so he has more of a reason to ask me what we did in class. Im not saying he should ask me, but in all honesty, I think I am exactly like that; shy and reserved, I've never actually had much experience talking to guys. I don't even have guy friends, so this would be like the only time I've tried to make a conversation. pray that I don't stutter or start mumbling.

why are you making a big deal about it, just talk to him how you would a girl that you're not close friends with.. hey XXXX how did you find that? i found that ... listen i was just wondering if you can tell me.... if you know about .... what you think about...

its basically how you would ask a male teacher you were comfortable with a question and see what happens. Worst that can happen is you realise he's a bit boring but best thing is he reciprocates
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Someboady
Find someone hotter like me :wink: We're not that rare a breed of males but we're cool.
On a serious note, find another guy to stare at, maybe you'll forget about him :smile:

Haha, believe me when I say I've tried too (:
I've been focusing on my studies, but then in every class I feel that I act stupid in front of him. It's not a pretty sight

That's because you're still focused and still mind him and what you do around him, you must forget this and act normally
Original post by AverageExcellence
why are you making a big deal about it, just talk to him how you would a girl that you're not close friends with.. hey XXXX how did you find that? i found that? ... listening i was just wondering if you can tell me.... if you know about .... what you think about...

its basically how you would ask a male teacher you were comfortable with a question and see what happens. Worst that can happen is you realise he's a bit boring but best thing is he reciprocates

Yep I guess I am making this more complicated than It actually should be, but I get what you mean. I'll ask him about class tomorrow, if something clicks then great but if not then no big deal, I'll probably get over it xD
Haha, believe me when I say I've tried too (:

Is the guy Asian (pakistani/indian)? This is entirely relevant because of science and stuff, research purposes. :smile:
That's because you're still focused and still mind him and what you do around him, you must forget this and act normally

You're right, I'll try to ignore him and probably sit somewhere else
that's IF we don't talk...
(edited 7 years ago)
You're right, I'll try to ignore him and probably sit somewhere else

Sitting somewhere else won't do anything else for you if you still have even one thought about him sitting elsewhere's not gonna help
Original post by Someboady
Is the guy Asian (pakistani/indian)? This is entirely relevant because of science and stuff, research purposes. :smile:

Well he isn't Asian, but I am curious as to why you ask? :smile:
Sitting somewhere else won't do anything else for you if you still have even one thought about him sitting elsewhere's not gonna help

I think it makes it awkward that we haven't talked, so maybe when I talk to him finally, I can actually feel more relaxed and probably don't have to think about it as much...
I think it makes it awkward that we haven't talked, so maybe when I talk to him finally, I can actually feel more relaxed and probably don't have to think about it as much...

fair enough
Reply 34
I'm saying this in the nicest possible way but really try to do something about it fast or move on. I've wasted the last 18 months with a guy who seemed to show all the signs of interest but trust me I've been the one to end up hurt. Please don't get yourself attached and infatuated with the idea of what could be because I've done that and it hurts.
Original post by Swizzel
I'm saying this in the nicest possible way but really try to do something about it fast or move on. I've wasted the last 18 months with a guy who seemed to show all the signs of interest but trust me I've been the one to end up hurt. Please don't get yourself attached and infatuated with the idea of what could be because I've done that and it hurts.

I don't want to spend any longer contemplating it anymore. I'm finally going to find the courage to talk to him, and then if we get into a conversation, great. if not, I'll be satisfied that I tried.

Quick Reply

Latest