The Student Room Group

I got with a guy who has a girlfriend...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He's from a different town to me... I'll never see this guy again. I'd have to find his girlfriend, and then... I don't know. I feel like it's not my place to say...

I get what you mean, apart from the last part... About the he didn't want to run the risk of going through it again...

Do you mean even though he we wouldn't have sex, he still didn't want to give out his contact information?

i meant that; he only planned for this to be a one night stand. 'not running the risk', means that by setting up the date again, he would have to communicate with you some how; and each text that is sent is a risk as his missus could easily find out of the text. by not getting your fb info/keeping in touch with you; it means that he won't be dating/talking to you on the regular. this in turn means that his missus won't find out what he's done/what he'll be planning to do
This is probably going to sound bad... But it wasn't a first date. The intention was to make out, there was no date. To some extent, I feel like there is more to it then meets the eye... He seemed so nice and he was so gentle, that I feel there is something more going on - but I guess I'll never know.

Is it bad that I had a good time? Like, now I know he has a girlfriend so I feel bad... But in that moment I enjoyed it...

I don't get why he'd want affection from me? We would never have sex and he knew that... I don't know.

**** sake i did it again. anonymous 3 = me. ohh well, you know how to contact me
This is probably going to sound bad... But it wasn't a first date. The intention was to make out, there was no date. To some extent, I feel like there is more to it then meets the eye... He seemed so nice and he was so gentle, that I feel there is something more going on - but I guess I'll never know.

Is it bad that I had a good time? Like, now I know he has a girlfriend so I feel bad... But in that moment I enjoyed it...

I don't get why he'd want affection from me? We would never have sex and he knew that... I don't know.

It shouldn't have been done by him, nor you if you had a priori knowledge. But you didn't. All in all, this wasn't that bad. It was quite meek comparative to what could have been. So, no. Don't feel terrible.
Original post by theDanIdentity
**** sake i did it again. anonymous 3 = me. ohh well, you know how to contact me

i meant that; he only planned for this to be a one night stand. 'not running the risk', means that by setting up the date again, he would have to communicate with you some how; and each text that is sent is a risk as his missus could easily find out of the text. by not getting your fb info/keeping in touch with you; it means that he won't be dating/talking to you on the regular. this in turn means that his missus won't find out what he's done/what he'll be planning to do

Lol, you keep pressing that anonymous button!

Yeah, he did plan it that way... But in some ways I already knew that... He was in my town for one night only. So I knew I'd never see him again. I didn't know for sure but I knew there was a high chance anyway. I didn't think he'd delete the Tinder chat though... I do think that is a bit extreme tbh... That's what I found weird...

But obviously if he has a girlfriend, it all clicks into place... APART from him being so sweet and nice! That's what I just don't get... ?
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
It shouldn't have been done by him, nor you if you had a priori knowledge. But you didn't. All in all, this wasn't that bad. It was quite meek comparative to what could have been. So, no. Don't feel terrible.

I know what you mean... I just need to stop thinking about it and feeling bad... :frown:
Reply 25
Don't meet up with strangers, it's NEVER safe!

That escalated quickly...
Not every stranger = danger
Do meet up with them but in a public place is what I would say and never go to their place on a first date/meet-up.
Original post by Ananaz
That escalated quickly...
Not every stranger = danger
Do meet up with them but in a public place is what I would say and never go to their place on a first date/meet-up.

I never meet with them in public, I know that sounds bad.. I think it's because I feel we'll get to know each other and then I won't be able to make out with them because I'll get attached as I'll know stuff about them...
Reply 27
I never meet with them in public, I know that sounds bad.. I think it's because I feel we'll get to know each other and then I won't be able to make out with them because I'll get attached as I'll know stuff about them...

I see but as it's been pointed out it's very dangerous. You've been lucky so far but I couldn't be that confident, personally.
Original post by Ananaz
I see but as it's been pointed out it's very dangerous. You've been lucky so far but I couldn't be that confident, personally.

You're completely right... I think it's because I overthink everything and I'm the least spontaneous person ever. So, I just get so fed up with it all that with this I just do it...

It is dangerous but then getting to know them will mean I won't want to make out with them, well I will... But then it just gets complicated...
I don't really know what your motives were for this guy. But, in my opinion, Tinder is not really an ideal place to find a potential bf/gf. I mean, what do you expect?

He hooked up with you, got what he wanted and left.

It's life.

Just be glad that you're not dating that jerk and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PM me his fb. I will sort this out.
Original post by babyshawte
I don't really know what your motives were for this guy. But, in my opinion, Tinder is not really an ideal place to find a potential bf/gf. I mean, what do you expect?

He hooked up with you, got what he wanted and left.

It's life.

Just be glad that you're not dating that jerk and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't really looking for a boyfriend, I was looking to hook up for one night and so was he... The only issue is he has a girlfriend, that's why I feel like this otherwise I'd be fine..
This has really helped me! You are so right! I think I'm just shocked because he was so sweet and nice... But that could just be an act - I'll never know. And I think that's what gets to me, I never will know! He never did say anything sex, which made me feel he was sweet. But you're right, he probably thought perhaps I would change my mind - who knows.

That night, I enjoyed it... I don't want to view him as bad even though he probably is because it ruins my experience. That experience was a good one, it was just afterwards when I found out he has a girlfriend... If that makes sense...

This is something I want to do, so you say don't meet up with strangers... But if you want to get with people, how else can you do it?

Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Hi love, best way to meet people is through activities and interests, join a new group, am sure you are already passionate about something? so get yourself out there and focus on those things, i honestly guarantee you will meet someone and best of all have an interest in common. Ps Someone always comes along when you least expect it. You will be grand, just stop obsessing over him (talking about him constantly just replays everything in your mind) and throw yourself into something you love or even just like to do :smile:
Hi love, best way to meet people is through activities and interests, join a new group, am sure you are already passionate about something? so get yourself out there and focus on those things, i honestly guarantee you will meet someone and best of all have an interest in common. Ps Someone always comes along when you least expect it. You will be grand, just stop obsessing over him (talking about him constantly just replays everything in your mind) and throw yourself into something you love or even just like to do :smile:

Aww, thank you this is so sweet. :smile: You are right, focusing on other stuff will help me move on I guess.

I think someone will come along one day (hopefully) in the mean time I just wanted to have fun...
Aww, thank you this is so sweet. :smile: You are right, focusing on other stuff will help me move on I guess.

I think someone will come along one day (hopefully) in the mean time I just wanted to have fun...

Yes Misses, FUN FUN FUN, that's the name of the game!! I'm doing my teaching post grad now and just turned 30 :-O lol, but I've lived and worked in England, Ireland, Scotland, Dubai, Australia and been on holidays to Egypt, Mexico, USA, Spain etc etc and you know I've learned to stop worrying about things I can't control, because if you can't control it then really, what the heck is the point in worrying about it! Wasted time, I say and well we have one life, better to spend it working hard at being happy than working hard at being sad or miserable! Best of luck to you, keep smiling and have FUN :-D

Ps sorry my post are anon, just have to be careful when going into teaching :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending